Whoopiedoo

Speculations on Lana's relationship with her mother

Some of you are taking this way too far which is cool in a way. But you  to have understand that a lot of artists choose lyrics because of the way they sound and while they may have meaning they may not be biographical. In some ways her lyrics are like Bob Dylan or even S Malkmus of Pavement. 

Sometimes she may just like the way they sound and may have picked up influences somewhere.

Some of you are taking this way too far which is cool in a way. But you  to have understand that a lot of artists choose lyrics because of the way they sound and while they may have meaning they may not be biographical. In some ways her lyrics are like Bob Dylan or even S Malkmus of Pavement. 

Sometimes she may just like the way they sound and may have picked up influences somewhere.

Hey, she's the one who says her lyrics are '100% autobiographical'. :hooker: And we're just taking what she says at face value because tbqh it's way more fun than the alternative. :creep:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

"Me and my momma, we don’t get along"

I feel like if I delve into this topic I will end up coming up with stories and shit and relate it to my life and I can't handle that tbh  :bliss: 

god knows I tried

It is one thing to call her prison sex dreams fabricated but to imply, "Well, Lana's an artist so she's expressing hatred towards her mother in her music to convey something deeper but really she loved her," just ain't cutting it.

Well, this is awkward, I've never seen Lana's mother nor have I thought about the existence of her lol

Has she done any public appearances?

She was at the Tropico premiere. She's also been in a couple candids, like the Target ones.

473430_original.jpg

This is so off topic, but Chuck candids make her look like she's walking so smooth and model-esque, and then you have poor Lana who always looks like she's stomping. Or that her legs can bend in different directions.

I don't know, I don't see anything abnormal about her relationship with either parent. With respect to her (clearly- more-introverted-than-dad) mom. These two interviews have some data.

has LDR discussing "Church sex scandals" with her mom.

has discussion about LDR promising her mother always to be home at Christmas. Also, generally speaking, when LDR talks about discipline issues as a kid, it's always in the context of her "parents".

BTW "My momma" never struck me as being autobiographical. LDR is often loose or revisionist when she talks about herself, even if she said once that her songs were 100% autobiographical on other occasions she's bound to say otherwise. This should work for her as many times as it works against her. 

BTW-2: Yeah a "Chuck candid" with Chuck in the photo? Hmmh, wouldn't it be more newsworthy for a paparazzi to just note and photograph the fact that Chuck was staging a photo. Rob has also tweeted (at least in my memory and I'm paraphrasing), if you pick your nose in Hollywood expect it to show up on the internet.

i always thought it was: "is it wrong mom that i think its kinda fun when i hit you in the back of the head with a gun?" but i guess i misheard? lmao 

:ohmy: 

I only just fell in love with "Kinda Outta Luck" and i've been singing "Is it wrong Mom" every single time!! I looked it up and apparently she says "wrong wrong" but i can't help but sing and hear "Mom" omfg :suicide:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

My initial interpretation of @ post was a little bit stupid. However, does the akwardness LDR shows when in a cadid with Chuck have anything to do with their choice of shoes (high heels for Chuck)?

Not nice. But I can't think of the pictures, but there have been candids where Lana's legs look so awkward! I'm not the only one to notice either...

Could just be the way candids look due to lighting and angle and what not.

I only just fell in love with "Kinda Outta Luck" and i've been singing "Is it wrong Mom" every single time!! I looked it up and apparently she says "wrong wrong" but i can't help but sing and hear "Mom" omfg :suicide:

I'm always going to say mom

HEy, I was wondering for  a long time of the nature of the relationship between lana and patricia.... She never mentions her or acknowledge her in any  notable way ( or if she does there's always a shady undertone to it , I feel subtle hostility from her ) , and I suspect she has a electra complex ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_complex ) ...  I also think she's lying about her UNI education and she tries to hide  a traumatic past ( I always thought she's been a victim of sexual abuse in her childhood) .... if somebody has some interesting thought please chime in :))