Whoopiedoo

Speculations on Lana's relationship with her mother

Why is this even a thread? Lana lives in Cali and I assume her parents live in NY. Obviously the older a child gets, the more they drift apart from their parents. It ain't that deep lmao

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

wow this thread is sure a roller coaster

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I think this is pretty interesting, i dont know why some people are dismissing the subject. There's nothing wrong with speculating

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The actual theory is messy but the idea of this thread isn't crazy. I've always noticed that she's miles more close to her father. I don't think it's that deep since most children are closer to one than the other. Her mom might also just not want to be in the spotlight.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

There are so many serious and important questions regarding the mysterious origins of Lana Del Rey that remain unanswered, and may continue to remain unanswered until the definitive L.D.R. biography is written, which may not be for another ten to twenty years, or more.

She was at the Tropico premiere. She's also been in a couple candids, like the Target ones.

473430_original.jpg

not to sound judgemental or anything but Patricia looks like the type that literally wants nothing to do with the spotlight. Also whenever Lana mentions "daddy" "my old man" "my father" "dad" in her music I'm pretty sure a lot of (casual) listeners wonder whether she's talking about her dad or her daddy, and I'm sure this was deliberate when writing these songs. It makes the listener uncomfortable and adds to the Lolita persona and she tried to build up throughout the years. Since the Lolita persona has basically died out, I can't really remember any recent song where she mentions any patriarchal figure other than herself. 

sgopYhV.gif

Why is this even a thread? Lana lives in Cali and I assume her parents live in NY. Obviously the older a child gets, the more they drift apart from their parents. It ain't that deep lmao

Her most recent tweet. :rip: Lana reads AnalBoards confirmed.

This thread even existing... oof.

Highly speculative here:

This is purely speculative and should be taken with a grain of salt, but:

What if Patty isn't accepting/respecting Chuck and Charlie's respective sexual identities? From what we know Chuck has been a relationship with a girl named Sveta for some time now, and Charlie is said to be bisexual? Lana being the big supportive sister isn't putting up with that homophobic behaviour? Just a theory though.

This thread even existing... oof.

Highly speculative here:

This is purely speculative and should be taken with a grain of salt, but:

What if Patty isn't accepting/respecting Chuck and Charlie's respective sexual identities? From what we know Chuck has been a relationship with a girl named Sveta for some time now, and Charlie is said to be bisexual? Lana being the big supportive sister isn't putting up with that homophobic behaviour? Just a theory though.

Wait Charlie’s bi???

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

I don't know, I don't see anything abnormal about her relationship with either parent. With respect to her (clearly- more-introverted-than-dad) mom. These two interviews have some data.

has LDR discussing "Church sex scandals" with her mom.

has discussion about LDR promising her mother always to be home at Christmas. Also, generally speaking, when LDR talks about discipline issues as a kid, it's always in the context of her "parents".

BTW "My momma" never struck me as being autobiographical. LDR is often loose or revisionist when she talks about herself, even if she said once that her songs were 100% autobiographical on other occasions she's bound to say otherwise. This should work for her as many times as it works against her. 

BTW-2: Yeah a "Chuck candid" with Chuck in the photo? Hmmh, wouldn't it be more newsworthy for a paparazzi to just note and photograph the fact that Chuck was staging a photo. Rob has also tweeted (at least in my memory and I'm paraphrasing), if you pick your nose in Hollywood expect it to show up on the internet.

pls. im dying for these links to be recovered 

Wait Charlie’s bi???

i don't know if its confirmed but she sets my gaydar senses off

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I have always wondered about this.

It looks like Lana has a great relationship with her dad. We have seen her with her mom, but it’s been a while. Then she had that Mother’s Day post on IG back in May and it kind of makes you think there are issues.

I believe her parents live in Florida now judging by Rob’s IG posts. Makes sense considering the fact that people are fleeing New York and for good reason.

Lana probably wasn’t an easy child to have around. Mothers freak out when they see their daughters going wild. I get the impression that maybe Patricia was emotionally unavailable or just didn’t understand Lana and her issues. Lana could very well resent her mother. Who knows. Sending Lana to boarding school was probably her mother’s idea. We do know that Lana is a recovering alcoholic and has had mental health issues. I for one know what it’s like to struggle with mental health. As for alcoholism, my father had a drinking problem for many years. When someone is drinking you often want them to just stop. If they don’t then you kind of want them to go away and not do it around you. Hence, in Lana’s case, Lana being sent to boarding school.

I think Lana’s art is how she deals with her personal issues. I remember James Franco saying that Lana lives in her art and I think that’s very much true.

I am curious as to how Chuck and Charlie’s relationship is like with their mother.

Is it too invasive if I speculate about her having BPD? I don't see it as a necessarily negative thing, it's just as neutral as being depressed or anxious. Based on the things she writes about and her behaviour it was always sort of obvious to me.  Since I have it too I think it's the reason why i've connected to her so much over the years.

Anyways, the cause of BPD is pretty much always an emotionally distant or abusive parent

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Is it too invasive if I speculate about her having BPD? I don't see it as a necessarily negative thing, it's just as neutral as being depressed or anxious. Based on the things she writes about and her behaviour it was always sort of obvious to me.  Since I have it too I think it's the reason why i've connected to her so much over the years.

Anyways, the cause of BPD is pretty much always an emotionally distant or abusive parent

I’m pretty sure she is bipolar. It runs in my family. I have it. This is part of the reason why I relate to her so much.

My father is bipolar and he was physically abused by his grandmother. He was also abused (corporal punishment) in Catholic school as a kid. He developed a drinking problem at a young age. Lana also developed a drinking problem at a young age.