Whoopiedoo

Speculations on Lana's relationship with her mother

pretty sure pat didn't sexually abuse lana lol but songs on sirens and aka make it seem like she just didn't have a close relationship with her mom and maybe her mom didn't really understand her (bc lana has always been wonderfully fucking weird) or agree with the choices she made

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I've always thought she had some serious family issues to be living in a trailer park with little to no money for a part of her life. There's definitely a big piece of the puzzle that we don't know about.

pretty sure pat didn't sexually abuse lana lol but songs on sirens and aka make it seem like she just didn't have a close relationship with her mom and maybe her mom didn't really understand her (bc lana has always been wonderfully fucking weird) or agree with the choices she made

@@Rayse I didn't think she was sexually abused by her mother, I think that she was abused by some family friend or something of that kind, a male figure and that maybe she developed some unhealthy attachment to this man.  And I think her mother is very cold to her and never liked her. Her father is the holding glue that keeps her family from falling apart. So I'm guessing that from this unstable family environment she kinda went crazy, ( alcohol abuse, living in trailer parks, realtionships with shady, old and charismatic men)

And that her mother instead of supporting her, blames her for all her problems, like '' you went looking for it''

Oedipus complex: In psychoanalysis, an unconscious sexual desire by a child (ages 3–6), especially a male child, directed to the parent of the opposite sex, usually accompanied by hostility to the parent of the same sex.

In Neo-Freudian psychology, the Electra complex, as proposed by Carl Gustav Jung, is a girl's psychosexual competition with her mother for possession of her father.

Freud thus considered the feminine Oedipus attitude ("Electra complex") to be more emotionally intense than the Oedipal conflict of a boy, resulting, potentially, in a woman of submissive, less confident personality.

To be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't think Lana is a weak !!! quite au contraire!!!  she likes to be submissive because for a moment she can let go, instead of always be in charge of everything (like she is) she admires strenght ... She longs to be desired ardently because it makes you powerful, the thought of a man that can do crazy things for you is beautiful and empowering... She wants to find a man, a strong man that can keep up with her and '' tame her''

There's an interview where Lana says her dad thought the opening line of Cola was hilarious whereas her mom didn't approve. I get the feeling maybe her mom was more concerned with seeming proper, preserving decorum and whatnot. The line in Old Money "my father's love was always strong, my mother's glamour lives on and on" is interesting. I  mean, she's comparing her father's love to her mother being glamorous, kind of a downgrade. The fact that she mentions her father a lot ("I pledge allegiance to my dad for teaching me everything he knows," "that's the way my father made his life an art," "I heard the streets were paved with gold, that's what my father said") whereas her mom is rarely mentioned in her music (the unflattering "My Momma" and that line in "Old Money") makes me think her father was simply more influential and important in her life. If the Cola quote is anything to go by, her mother seems to disapprove of weird, off-beat stuff like saying your pussy tastes like Cola, and Lana is a weird, off-beat person, so that may have been a point on contention in Lana's family life. Moreover, My Momma shows her disapproving of a boyfriend. Dear Elliott also refers to a boyfriend who was "not approved." Now, My Momma also suggests her mother had a thing for her boyfriend, which is where the song gets weird. And despite Lana claiming her songs are 100% autobiographical, we can't take them at face value.

Personally, I don't think her mother didn't love her or whatever. They didn't jibe in some senses; maybe Mom wanted Lana to fit into society more whereas Dad was cool with it. That's what I get from her music and the rare times she's mentioned her. We know so little about her that I don't think it's fair to draw any conclusions about their relationship.

Lemme open a thread about speculating Lana's relationship with her horse topiary. She looks very mad at it in this picture. Maybe she has a trauma with horse topiaries and she bought it just to be violent with it?

article-0-157F43C7000005DC-966_634x809.j

Lemme open a thread about speculating Lana's relationship with her horse topiary. She looks very mad at it in this picture. Maybe she has a trauma with horse topiaries and she bought it just to be violent with it?

article-0-157F43C7000005DC-966_634x809.j

omg you can see her ID pic

I loled as well, like 4.5 seconds after being pissed for being mocked about my interests. What an improvement. Gotta call my shrink to let her know I'm a real grown up now!!!!1

the-less-you-give-a-fuck.jpg