Whoopiedoo

Speculations on Lana's relationship with her mother

45 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I think Lana and her mother have ever shared the same outlook on life. Lana has had plenty of men in her life, a bohemian musician life, a quite different trajectory with alcohol, a little more adventurous life than her parents and I think her mother never really accepted what she did and what she became in the first place. Maybe cosmetic surgery is something she never forgave her daughter. But this is only my opinion I think we will never know as this is a private matter.

I don’t know many mothers that would never forgive their daughter for something like cosmetic surgery lmao.

59 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I think Lana and her mother have ever shared the same outlook on life. Lana has had plenty of men in her life, a bohemian musician life, a quite different trajectory with alcohol, a little more adventurous life than her parents and I think her mother never really accepted what she did and what she became in the first place. Maybe cosmetic surgery is something she never forgave her daughter. But this is only my opinion I think we will never know as this is a private matter.

Β 

Lolol, out of all things Lana did, I doubt surgery is the one that made her mother go mad

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Β 

Lolol, out of all things Lana did, I doubt surgery is the one that made her mother go mad

Β 

We don't know, she comes from a fairly Christian family it seems to me and maybe seeing Lana transforming like this was painful for her and it ended up breaking the fragile bond that there was between them, but as you say it can be something else. Then that's a guess lol.

20 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

I don’t know many mothers that would never forgive their daughter for something like cosmetic surgery lmao.

Β 

This thing may have ended up breaking the already fragile bond they had but thinking about it I think it's more the entire life trajectory and the setbacks of Lana's past that has hurt her.

I just watched/listened to an interview and I cannot find it for the life of me- but the question was about her being drawn to abusive relationships, and her answer was like β€œI guessΒ you seek out the love that you were shown as a child”. I’m hoping it was at most verbal abuse- but regardless, she was abused and still carries around some of thoseΒ wounds. It justΒ seemsΒ odd how her mom is so mysterious and rob is all outΒ there Twitter and IG with his Hawaiian shirts. He seems so lovable and goofy

I’m merely trying to analyze the lyrics and not cause speculation but maybe referring to Patty as her β€œfather’s wife” is not sheer out of anger, but she’s not her biological mother and that’s why they had a strained relationship? I should probably add that I’ve never seen Patty, maybe they share a striking resemblance... Anyway, sorry if this is going too far.

not long ago i re-listened to that 2018Β interview where she discussed LFL and when it came to 13 beaches she said: "my mother was always telling me... like iΒ could never come home from school so i'd stay outside until it's dark"

Β 

:crai:

Β 

Β 

strong like a tree but the unlucky oneΒ 

3 minutes ago, lili said:

I’m merely trying to analyze and not cause speculation but maybe referring to Patty as her β€œfather’s wife” is not sheer out of anger, but she’s not her biological mother and that’s why they had a strained relationship? I should probably add that I’ve never seen Patty, maybe they share a striking resemblance... Anyway, sorry if this is going too far.

Lana & Patty look extremelyΒ alike so im like 99% sure they’re biologically related ?

5 minutes ago, partymonster said:

Lana & Patty look extremelyΒ alike so im like 99% sure they’re biologically related ?

Ah, okay then. As someone who was neglected by both parents, I guess IΒ could say it’s textbook... Hope Lana’s with her people now.

36 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Welp. The triple single release closes a lot of threads.Β 

What other 'mysteries' do you mean beyond Lana's relationship with 'her father's wife'?

i am nothing and should be everything

10 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Mostly what Patty did that Lana is resentful for, specifically.Β 

Ah, thanks! I'm listening to the new songs and wondering whom they are about.

i am nothing and should be everything

1 minute ago, NewportBitch said:

Mostly what Patty did that Lana is resentful for, specifically.Β 

Aside from proably not treating Lana great verbally (don't know if it's best to say for sure that Lana was verbally abused just from one line), it seems like we've gathered it was Patty that probably pushed for Lana to be sent off to boarding school. Would be interesting if we ever get confirmation about it

giphy.gif

✨ I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore ✨