Whoopiedoo

Speculations on Lana's relationship with her mother

She also mentions “lithium” which is known to be used to treat a specific disorder. Some parents are not very understanding of that and think sending their kids away could be the solution. 

this has to be awk for Rob lol. i admire her courage speaking ab her personal life when it prob makes things harder on her within her family. its rlly very brave, the mark of a great artist

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

14 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

welp

She really said first I'mma scorch her, then I'mma torch her, then I'mma torture her, then I'mma off her :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

We don't know the whole story and probably never will (and that's perfectly fine - it's Lana's story to tell if she chooses), but based on what she said in WW, I relate heavily to her relationship with her mother. I remember last year when people got so angry with Lana for not posting about her mom on mothers day and instead choosing to talk more about chosen family - honestly, it hurt me, which is stupid, but to see people have such a harsh reaction to that really struck a chord with me. A flat chord, at that. Not everyone has a loving, perfect relationship with their mom. And that shouldn't always be expected. All in all, I don't want to say what exactly I think did or didn't happen with Lana and her mom because that's such a personal thing, and it's hers to share if she feels like doing so. But I do want to say that it's clear the relationship is strained, and I can relate wholeheartedly to the lyrics in the second verse, as most of my siblings would if I were to play them the song. 

imageproxy.jpg

I relate to Lana's relationship with her mother. My own mother is hostile towards me most of the time and I genuinely can't remember the last time we hugged. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure she only hugged me a total of four times growing up. But that's the funny thing, some girls have a "my mum is my best friend" relationship, and others not so much. I think a lot of mothers can be incredibly judgemental towards their daughters because they see their daughters as a reflection of themselves, and when their daughters don't mirror the image they want then they get bitchy and overall just plain spiteful.

But obviously we don't know the details of Lana's mother so I'll leave it at that, but I understand Lana's reasoning for mentioning her. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana was so brave for bringing this up.

I had a terrible relationship with my mother when I was a child and that set us apart forever. And it wasn't even real abuse (not compared with what I had seen over there), but it still was a very abusive relationship at a young age. I can't even remember my childhood because I had to repress everything to still have a relationship with my mother. My heart really stopped and my mouth got dry when she said that line. I hope no one burns her for that and that she receives lots of love

Teachers usually make horrible parents because they have to deal with kids bs all day and they develop this stance of "the teacher is right, the child is wrong" and then they preserve this attitude even in their home life when their own child needs their support. But they don't give that, instead when there is a school-related conflict they take the school's side and don't stand up for their kid and often even blame them, saying for sure the teacher is right and the child is wrong. This is a breeding ground for negative emotional wounds that then fester and have long-term effects. I am not surprised at all and Patty deserves to be dragged for her psycho behavior.

2 minutes ago, ryanmj1993 said:

Does anybody find it odd that Rob hasn't mentioned these singles at all? He usually posts something about her singles/albums.

it’s not weird, what would ur reaction be if ur husband went on Twitter and started publicly stanning for a song which calls ur wife out for being a cunt? :lolliney:

RVhKIwP.gif

21 minutes ago, ryanmj1993 said:

Does anybody find it odd that Rob hasn't mentioned these singles at all? He usually posts something about her singles/albums.

No but he did like the post she put on Instagram before she deleted it. 

I imagine she is being reminded of her own mom-daughter experience as she see's Chuck becoming a mom. We are likely in store for some interesting revelations

I thought the lyric was “hospital stints still on my feet.”

Like because of the abuse she experienced she still is in and out of hospitals/treatment centres even in her adult life. I could be wrong though.

11 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I thought the lyric was “hospital stints still on my feet.”

Like because of the abuse she experienced she still is in and out of hospitals/treatment centres even in her adult life. I could be wrong though.

I heard “Laid up in hospitals, standstill on morphine”, but I’m pretty sure that’s not it/she’s saying “my feet”. Interesting what we’re all hearing. Hopefully lyrics are printed on the booklet :creep:

It really is very sad and it seems as if the damage is too deep to ever be repaired.

She doesn't even refer to her mother as her mother. Instead, it's "my father's wife" and then also there's the sense of betrayal by her dad.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream