Nick

Selena Gomez

you’re trashing this album so much when it’s actually really cool and well made. there are no fillers and these are some of her most beautiful songs ever. love how some of them really sound like bad liar, which was my fave back then. so...stream rare.

:tsk: Bad Liar, sweetie, I'm so so sorry 

:tsk: Bad Liar, sweetie, I'm so so sorry 

i'm sorry if you're deaf but rare, ring and fun all follow the same style and sound. 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I'm not deaf luv, I hear that they are similar. But Bad Liar seems to be much more superior. At least for me. Noah fence

i didn't say they were superior though, just that they are in the same style. of course god liar is never gonna be topped

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

i guess they added a few things to the productions, but there are also lots of songs that were cut from the final like feel me which was supossed to be on it back then

Oh, and she made another two albums in this time, one was christian pop and then the one who followed the path of it ain't me, wolves and back to you (but i think that we got some songs from this one on rare just like vulnerable)

I unironically NEEEEEED that Christian pop album to leak

The only reason people are giving this album the time of day is because its one of the first commercial albums to be released this year so far, i cant imagine anyone with ears giving it a second glance once the real artists step up, nothing new inventive experimental or exciting about this record at all, her voice sounds the same as always, the production sounds like literally everything on the radio, and the album aesthetic is... just bad, lets just all pretend this is good for the time being shall we?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Not my cup of tea, but I still enjoyed a few songs. It's weird some of you choosing Dance Again over Ring because for me it was the contrary  :rip: , although Dance Again seems a grower and Ring seems like it could easily grow tired if overplayed  :rip: . The songs I least liked were Dance Again, Vulnerable (although I liked the lyrics) and Fun. But in general, I guess each song has it's little elements that I like (People You Know stands out a bit more than the rest).

It's a cute album to bop. I do know I shouldn't wait much from Selena, but I guess the hype made think there would be something more, idk. Her voice and the way she delivered, in compensation, sounds really good. My favorites are Rare, Lose You To Love Me (sounded way more powerful than the first listen btw) and A Sweeter Place.

Also, I usually don't really bother about the order of the songs. But something felt a little off going from Rare to Dance Again and Look At Her Now to LYTLM? I think it's because LYTM follows a more acoustic line, kinda breaking the fast rhythm of the past ones? Idk about Rare to Dance Again tho.

A side note too: I don't know why, but I felt like I missed her. Like even missing her voice lmao. My 10 years old selenator ass is still alive after all.  :usrs:  

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

The only reason people are giving this album the time of day is because its one of the first commercial albums to be released this year so far, i cant imagine anyone with ears giving it a second glance once the real artists step up, nothing new inventive experimental or exciting about this record at all, her voice sounds the same as always, the production sounds like literally everything on the radio, and the album aesthetic is... just bad, lets just all pretend this is good for the time being shall we?

:lmao:

The fact Variety gave a 100 score to this average album :toofunny:

According to Variety's director they have not submitted any score to Metacritic yet, probably it's a 70-80 (at best) :toofunny:

i can't believe it took 6 people to write people you know

i get the meaning but the lyrics............

i guess that's her yummy

6 people for that basic song? I- :rip:

8nl2OpX.png