sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

The title it's so Lana. It would be nice form her to step out from cliche territory for once. "High" could mean different things and I hope that the lyrics are not that on the nose.

The cover is glamorous but the difference to the real life Lana seems huge to me at this point. So, is this a sign for more promo and more commercial music? The image of her dirty feet in the HM video is so contradicting with the glam cover of HBTB that makes any prediction of this era futile.  

The announcement of HBTB and the feature with Abel kind of overlapped and the single seems to take a back seat to the feature, this is a sign that people still want Lana to be a huge pop star. My hunch is that they will be disappointed     

To everyone complaining about the cover, I made a BTD styled one soo...

135791-new_preview.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AK

Before you judge, I know it's trash :facepalm: , I literally made it in like 5 mins, but I'll be making updates to it if I have time (mostly the smoke bc it turned out horrible).

tumblr_o1safdMl1g1uc67yuo1_540.jpg

The title it's so Lana. It would be nice form her to step out from cliche territory for once. "High" could mean different things and I hope that the lyrics are not that on the nose.

The cover is glamorous but the difference to the real life Lana seems huge to me at this point. So, is this a sign for more promo and more commercial music? The image of her dirty feet in the HM video is so contradicting with the glam cover of HBTB that makes any prediction of this era futile.  

The announcement of HBTB and the feature with Abel kind of overlapped and the single seems to take a back seat to the feature, this is a sign that people still want Lana to be a huge pop star. My hunch is that they will be disappointed     

Yes agree with alot of this. I won't be dissapointed if i like the album tho.. :) ..regardless if it is more commercial or not.. maybe others will, but for me, i'm happy if she makes good songs too listen to..

maybe high by the beach is about her new beach house balcony..thats where the pics look like they were taken..actuallly, its a little low on the beach in malibu..

she and frans both look happy in Italy right now for the moment anyway.. off topic a little.. :D

why should you want that? it's coming out monday anyway?

seriously just be patient and try to support lana the ~proper~ way we've already got hundreds of her leaked songs we could give her that?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

HIGH BY THE BEACH LYRICS :

High by the Beach

Lying on cold concrete

In an island with no name

Our love won't ever be the same

We need to call this off

It isn't working out

But somehow we keep getting

stuck with each other

So I guess it's time to face the weather

The wind keeps blowing up everything

We keep trying to hide beneath our feelings