sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

I wonder if august 10 is the video. She said she had already finished 2 videos in that instagram comment months ago. I love when the first time you hear a song it's with the video would make much more of an impact too 

I hope we get the 2 together, but we will see. There was a HDD section with VEVO releases before the week started but they dont update it anymore cause stans usually went to that site and started spreading the info lol

How do you guys think we'll have it first? iTunes or YT? Or both?

Probably youtube first, then everywhere else straight after. I remember west coast was played on BBC radio1, then the audio was posted to youtube straight after the radio play (that looped clip), then it was available on iTunes.

god-damn.png

Most likely, unless she puts an hour.

She had one for WC, right? I hope this one drops at midnight wherever you live. I'm going on a holiday on Monday and I need this song to save me when I'm travelling during the early hours, lol

She had one for WC, right? I hope this one drops at midnight wherever you live. I'm going on a holiday on Monday and I need this song to save me when I'm travelling during the early hours, lol

Yeah, 11am GMT/3am PST/5amEST and I hope she does drop it at midnight because I can't wait  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I remember a movie called "Bitter Moon" by Roman Polanski, in which a couple deeply swamped in tormented sadomasochistic, tainted love/hate relationship and mutual dependency and possessiveness (he as a dirty old pervert hag and she as a young woman, once innocent and sweet, but now bitter, broken and sunken in vices, yet grown into lustful and lethal sex-bomb) took a trip on a delayed honeymoon by large cruising boat through Mediterranean sea towards India. This boat model reminded me of their voyage. Also, someone mentioned that the honeymoon Lana is singing about, or the whole concept, is actually a goodbye treat, a swan song to the relationship with her buddy, so that could relate to the dark, malignant, disastrous and suicidal movie theme and tone, although Lana coats it in lavender sugar cotton of mystery, covering blood with petals.

Also, this picture of young Brigitte Bardot has interesting similarities with the cover for High By The Beach (posture, earring, light wooden boat on her right, sea behind):

brigitte_bardot_cannes_1953b_qV3nqPJ.siz

Just a random thought...  :crossed:   :creep:   :)

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

The more I think about this, the more excited I get. UV was a good album (though I think AKA is better than it, in terms of comparing her more organic sounding work) but it was so aesthetically and thematically monotonous. She seems to be playing with different, but still cohesive vibes here, and having more fun with the shoots and recording and just generally being in a better place, and hopefully that will come through on Honeymoon.

tZ7WN4B.gif