sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

Now I just hope she don't get pissed and cancel things like happened with black beauty

she's an adult and an artist, she's not going to throw her team under the bus because of a leak, something that a 21st century musician should be prepared for.....plus it's out in 2 days lol...

VyIsfwC.jpg

the lyrics in this aren't her best work but I really love all the throwbacks to previous songs, some show how much she's grown and others show how consistent she is:

Hawaiian Tropic: "Baby you can't come back from being that bad"

HBTB: "Everyone can start again, not through love but through revenge"

PMIAM: "Lights camera accion, you know I can't make it on my own"

HBTB: "Lights camera accion, I'll do it on my own"

Ultraviolence: "We could go back to New York, loving you is really hard"

HBTB: "Loving you is hard, being here is harder"

Hit and Run: "Watching me, watching you"

HBTB: "Looking at you looking at me"

Pawn Shop Blues: "I can do this once more"

HBTB: "I don't wanna do this anymore"

Break My Fall: "Do you really think I'll buy your bullshit, boy?"

HBTB: "The truth is I never bought into your bullshit"

Daddy Issues: "I need your kiss to survive"

HBTB: "I can't survive"

RVhKIwP.gif

The verses in HBTB sound like another pop, I just can't put my finger on it. I hope it's this commercial just to get the GP's attention. If the most of the album's like this I probably won't replay it very often.

I do think it can do well on the charts, so slay à bit

EotAQlJ.jpg

One thing I can say is that the song doesnt sound like a radio hit to me. tbh. Like yeah its more upbeat and stuff, but it still doesnt sound like something you'd hear on the radio. It should do well with downloads tho and online stuff.

I think that Interscope pushed HBTB as a single because they want to send it to radio. I mean, HBTB is beautiful but Lana has always chosen standout tracks as lead singles and I don't think that this song will be a highlight on HM :hooker:

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

I think that Interscope pushed HBTB as a single because they want to send it to radio. I mean, HBTB is beautiful but Lana has always chosen standout tracks as lead singles and I don't think that this song will be a highlight on HM :hooker:

There's some truth here. Summertime Sadness isn't really that great of a song :toofunny: I'd say for her at this point there's no harm in sending something that may not be her core fanbase's favorite song off the album. This isn't a bad song and it's very remixable. I think a radio remix that speeds up the verses some and give the beats (which can also be altered a bit) pmore prominence isn't much of a reach.

This is still a much better song than Summertime Sadness :legend: It's more in line with the tragically underpromoted West Coast

tZ7WN4B.gif

At first I didn't want to listen to it. I mean, we got those old unreleased tracks, we could have waited for monday.

But ugh its awesome. Perfect for summer, perfect for getting high during the summer heat.  And her references to older songs make it so beautiful for fans. She remembers, like she remembers Serial Killer and Us Against The World. :heart:It feels like she's sharing a secret with us 

And it sounds so different from what she did the last years.  I don't have a clue, what the album is going to sound like.  Honeymoon and High by the Beach seem to be so different. I'm really interested how she is going to make a consistent album. 

I knew this would leak after I went to bed lol it's been on repeat since I woke up, I love it. So chill and summery and I love the 'lights camera accion' Lizzy tease. I can't wait to hear it while I'm high, it's gonna be fucking euphoric :smokes4: