Can you hear me all night long
Ground control to Major Tom

But I lost my self when I lost you
But I still got jazz when I've got the blues
I lost myself and I lost you too
And I still get trashed, honey, when I hear your tunes

Mm...
Mm...

Not as jazzy as I was expecting, but it's still beautiful, especially the bridge and the chorus. It's a bit heartbreaking. Some of the verses' melodies remind me of We Are the Champions (ha) mixed with I Want to Sing, which we know Lana loves to sing.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Maybe it's just a title à la "Old Money", something that doesn't actually appear in the lyrics but "sounds nice" or sets the tone for the song ? Or maybe it's a cultural reference we're missing ...

but at least old money made sense in context w the song

FzytWEW.png

In Space Oddity there is the line 'Tell my wife I love her very much', maybe the title 'Terrence Loves You' is connected to that, idk

I've got to admit some of the lines are kind of awkward, especially 'Trying to transmit can you hear me' and also the way she rhymes 'Ground Control To Major Tom' with 'Can you hear me all night long'

I do like how 'Trying to transmit can you hear me' seems to be her version of the line 'Can you hear me, Major Tom'. I think it's the word 'Transmit' that is kind of awkward

Some people seem to think that it's about Barrie. Does that mean that he's a fag ? I always found Barrie to be such a total fag. Like you know there's this man called Terrence that's in love with Barrie, so Lana Rey is real sad. Maybe he left her for Terrence or maybe he met him after the break up. lana Rey Del Mar is nostalgic about their relationship and their mistakes, but she doesn't blame Terrence for that : she's even sweet and submissive about it. Tho it means they can never go back together, she acceptes it with this kind of happy/sad daydream memory.

Yass queen give us those west coast jazz chet Baker infused torch songs about fags.

One of the sexiest people you'll ever meet. He's athletic and smart and some would say he's the full package. Every girl wants to be with him but he would remain loyal to his significant other no matter what. He's very funny and may be embarrassing in public but you can't help but love him.

source : http://ro.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Terrence

Sounds very Lana to me

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

Some people seem to think that it's about Barrie. Does that mean that he's a fag ? I always found Barrie to be such a total fag. Like you know there's this man called Terrence that's in love with Barrie, so Lana Rey is real sad. Maybe he left her for Terrence or maybe he met him after the break up. lana Rey Del Mar is nostalgic about their relationship and their mistakes, but she doesn't blame Terrence for that : she's even sweet and submissive about it. Tho it means they can never go back together, she acceptes it with this kind of happy/sad daydream memory.

Yass queen give us those west coast jazz chet Baker infused torch songs about fags.

Lana dated Barrie, they clearly fucked at some point. His sexuality is pretty irrelevant.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

this post is so fucking unnecessary. 

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

does anyone else hear the high pitch noise through out most of the song?

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan