letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

:lanasrs:

Oh come on haha HM was the only nice performance.

---

AND, I would like to add that she's literally the third best selling WW, it's not like she's No. 17. And she's No. 2 in most countries. That means general sales are horrible. Yeah, her album sales have dropped terribly, but the ~sales climate~ is still super bad.

Hopefully she keeps releasing new videos so the album might have some longevity or it might help her sales  :ohno: I really like this album

Well the album charting run on iTunes is better than Ultraviolence's one. But Physical sales are probably worst now. Maybe its the vinyl price lol and fans that dont like the cover so they wont buy the physical album 

Honestly I don't she cares about the album sales. That's not where she makes her money anyways. It's from the H&M and other things. As long as she can continue making her art, I don't care how many "units of product" get shifted. 

What I want is another art film that makes Tropico look like child's play!

Honeymoon debuted at No. 8 in Argentina (Weekly Charts, Monthly Charts will be released during the second week of November). That's around 2-4k copies, which is great. Born to Die debuted at No. 10 in February 2012 but didn't make the Monthly Charts (but ended up selling 20k+), UV debuted at No. 4 (Weekly) and No. 8 (Monthly).

:) I'll post South American charts/sales later today.

@@GangstaBoy buy it dude :creep:

Longevity for someone of her calibre. Most artists nowadays are made to last 3 albums and then fade. Lana's proved with 4 top 10 releases in the US and 3 top 3 albums that she's got more longevity than most artists nowadays.

Except hip hop has been around for just over 35 years. And twerking is from the South and not a fad.

Tf am I quoting...excuse me joshuasean, this was supposed to quote someone else but can't be bothered to fix,

Name another dream pop/baroque pop singer selling 116K debut week with minimal promotion in a declining music market in the US in 2015

I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just saying that, in my opinion, there's not another artist like Lana right now who's selling the numbers she's selling and I'm pretty surprised by the fact that she's had 4 top 10 albums releasing the music that she's releasing. Personally, I thought she'd fade away after TPE was released and am surprised she's managed to stay relevant now for as long as she has. In today's music market, artists are lucky to get to their fourth or fifth release and still sell numbers that are deemed impressive. Anyone relevant now will be lucky to make it to 15 years and still be popular. Think Miley: I'm pretty sure that free release has ruined her. Lana isn't making hip-hop artist featuring, million-dollar-production-fee, excessively-advertised songs and for that reason I'm surprised she's still managed to break the top 5 of most major music markets.

Sorry for expressing my opinion...

I'm just gonna stop now. Sorry.

Having a Top10 album these days is not really an achievment. Many pop singers have one. Lana is a pop singer. She didn't sell 116k, she sold 105k, just by the way.

She has faded quite a bit though: From nearly 5.4 million to 1.4 million within 2.5 years is quite a lot and that has little to do with the current decline in sales in general. The decline does not explain 4 million copies less.

I have no problem with your opinion, beloved. I totally don't. You just don't hit the nail on the head.

Lana's decline in sales has nothing to do with the quality of the music either. She has topped BTD artistically with UV. With HM it's a bit difficult. While she is more confident as an artist right now, the actual outcome is not an exciting listen like her previous albums, so time will tell how it will rank in her discography when it is a bit older than a few weeks.

There is no reason to be defensive about Lana's commercial performance. Like, no reason at all. All recording artists have sales. That's what they do. They sell music. And the commercial performance also determines for how long the artist we love will be able to continue making their art, at least in the way she is doing it now.

We should all root for her to achieve more. We are her fans. Our job is to buy and stream her music if we want her to be around. I am pretty sure she was not really satisfied with the outcome this time around.

It's so ridic to even explain it every single time.

It's so ridic to even explain it every single time.

There's no need for this either. If it's so ridiculous having to explain it to everyone who doesn't believe in what you think, why don't you just stop explaining it? Let us all have out deluded views.

There's no need for this either. If it's so ridiculous having to explain it to everyone who doesn't believe in what you think, why don't you just stop explaining it? Let us all have out deluded views.

Well, when it comes to the commerical performance, there is no way to twist it the way you want. This is like math. Numbers don't lie.

Well, when it comes to the commerical performance, there is no way to twist it the way you want. This is like math. Numbers don't lie.

I'm gonna stop because I don't want this thread to turn into our little argument over our different views on Lana's sales. Take it as me saying you're right if you must, but I can tell that you're not going to stop unless I do.

so what are we at now, over 314K WW sales for HM?.. i wonder if it will get to 500k, looks doubtful now..

a month after release.. guess no one really cares, but thats not too bad right? I mean obviously compared to BTD

no comparison, but it still sold..

she will sell more than 500k but less than a million and with low streaming numbers and no hit single. tragic. a flop overall.

so what are we at now, over 314K WW sales for HM?.. i wonder if it will get to 500k, looks doubtful now..

a month after release.. guess no one really cares, but thats not too bad right? I mean obviously compared to BTD

no comparison, but it still sold..

I'm scared of it being forgotten into oblivion with no one really even caring at the end of this year except us, and the sad truth is that this is a very possible scenario. It's a big blow for her, it would be for anyone.

obUZKpb.gif

And some fans thought Ultraviolence was a "flop" :biblio:

not the fans but other fanbases

I'm scared of it being forgotten into oblivion with no one really even caring at the end of this year except us, and the sad truth is that this is a very possible scenario. It's a big blow for her, it would be for anyone.

it will be forgotten specially with her not promoting

not the fans but other fanbases

it will be forgotten specially with her not promoting

Hence I said it's a very possible scenario. Don't see what she wants to be or where she's heading to with this no-fucks-to-give attitude. It's pissing me off.

obUZKpb.gif

Fans have the album. Fans buy the next one

Record companies have to release to radio in the USA to have a single, some take 40 weeks to climb the chart.

First week on album cuts are downloads streaming.

fans of Lana will pay money and see the next tour and buy the next album

those that hate Lana probably didn't spend any money this time anyhow and as someone above keeps seemingly knowing all the inside information, leads me to believe that person is a ringer record company person who probably has some sort of

inner animosity stretching back years and probably part of the group that from the start was against Lana. Otherwise, if not an insider, I have no idea how someone would know the album total sales of any artist even before billboard magazine releases it

in fact 3 or 4 days prior, and was the same person saying Billboard saying High by the beach was #7 was not #7 (shit, if it was 12 hours later, the chart would have been printed and unable to change and the 7 would have been history).

Again, internet posters with anonymous names, we have no idea. But if 99% of every post ever posted is negative one starts to wonder how big a fan someone really is. (and then has the audacity to callf someone who is a fan like me a troll. Sort of Karl Rove strategy there it seems.

in just a few weeks the Top 10 critic choises ot he year will start appearing, bet Lana will be on many of those lists (which more people see longer than sales figures anyhow)

Then maybe some awards, or if no awards, articles saying how again she was screwed.

Meanwhile, every artist and their mother copy her style

Yeah, as said in another thread, she is one of the Top 10 most influential artists of the last decade. Many influential artists aren't #1 single artists. And that is because influential artists don't listen to what others tell them, they do what they want,

which is why they are influential in the first place.

and LV is misstating something very important- actual sales are down mega amounts from 4 years ago cross the board for everyone.

If there were 50 to 100 different female singers form 2005-now, how  many are still doing what they started doing

How many artists from the Lilith Tour are selling? Anyone seen Alanis Morrissette on top of the charts after her two hits? (Except for the game of who was it she went down on in a theatre)???

Which is basically every time she re-appears 10 years later, that is all people want to talk about. Ironic isn't it? And SHE was a dance star prior.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp