letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

Hence I said it's a very possible scenario. Don't see what she wants to be or where she's heading to with this no-fucks-to-give attitude. It's pissing me off.

This is exactly what I've been saying since UV! She can only keep the shitty attitude towards sales/promo up for so long, until she goes completely bankrupt and it isn't even worth her making another album. She needs to get over herself and just do some fucking promo, I don't give a shit if she doesn't care about sales because that's a ridiculous thing to say when you're a popular recording artist.

FzytWEW.png

I totally get that she ain't a Katy Perry and that's okay. It is just to me, personally, disappointing when my fave releases an album and makes a few magazine shots (sometimes even without an interview) and calls it a day and vanishes right after.

Like, there is so little vision behind this release.

Sales and stuff is just a result of that, but not the reason for being disappointed. 

Like, even her Honeymoon account is basically dead and buried.

And these random attempts at promo with the Honeymmon hotline. First of all, it doesn't work for weeks, then Lana is on the line, for like 5 minutes and all she has to talk to her fans is saying: "You're 16?. That's so cool". Like wtf?

Next album will be a free surprise release with 0 videos, 0 singles, 0 tweets or Instagram posts. :D

doesn't even post to tell us its out or that its free, it's just randomly put up online and she never fucking mentions it ever

This is exactly what I've been saying since UV! She can only keep the shitty attitude towards sales/promo up for so long, until she goes completely bankrupt and it isn't even worth her making another album. She needs to get over herself and just do some fucking promo, I don't give a shit if she doesn't care about sales because that's a ridiculous thing to say when you're a popular recording artist.

UV was a nearly different matter, it was a masterpiece in every sense of word, while Honeymoon is so & so and hasn't impressed me as much as UV did. Yes, it's a good album, it has its highs and lows, but having this condescending attitude and simply being unconcerned is worrying. Expecting your album to sell with little to no promotion at all (don't tell me talking to your fans, giving them a goodbye kiss, and having a live radio performance counts as good promotion) only means she isn't doing it right, the music industry is, in fact, a business nowadays and should strongly be treated as one. The only thing people remember her for are strictly her breakthrough songs like SS, Y&B and VG, which is a little appalling considering these are more than 2 years old, and she indubitably needs that breakthrough song, and needs to start appearing more in the spotlight if she wants to get her presence in the music industry acknowledged.

obUZKpb.gif

yeah, it's been like 6 minutes since Lana was in the news

gmafb

in the USA in just about 3 weeks, it will be wall to wall Christmas music

Hallmark on tv is going all Christmas Oct. 31 at 1201am

radio starts their end of the year countdowns in November

so releasing a radio song now would be meaningless.

far better would be if Weeknd decides to release Prisoner as a single in January and then voila, instant #1 song for months (but that is up to him, not her).

More interesting, what's with her boyfriend selling his NY pad?(with an asking price of 16Million? )

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

harpunn- exactly what more promo did she do for UV? (even less)

and she likes spring/summer tours and just did a big one

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

UV was a nearly different matter, it was a masterpiece in every sense of word, while Honeymoon is so & so and hasn't impressed me as much as UV did. Yes, it's a good album, it has its highs and lows, but having this condescending attitude and simply being unconcerned is worrying. Expecting your album to sell with little to no promotion at all (don't tell me talking to your fans, giving them a goodbye kiss, and having a live radio performance counts as good promotion) only means she isn't doing it right, the music industry is, in fact, a business nowadays and should strongly be treated as one. The only thing people remember her for are strictly her breakthrough songs like SS, Y&B and VG, which is a little appalling considering these are more than 2 years old, and she indubitably needs that breakthrough song, and needs to start appearing more in the spotlight if she wants to get her presence in the music industry acknowledged.

yes, i totally agree with you. UV still remains my fave album ever and HM does have its downs... she just needs to lose the attitude

FzytWEW.png

Just read this in Taylor Swift's GQ interview about sales in the U.S.:

"...she’s sold 1 million albums in a week three times, during an era when most major artists are thrilled to move 500,000 albums in a year."

I also think some people are taking for granted that if she did more promo - no comment on how poor or not the promo has been - that she would sell in the millions. Maybe she fucked herself up with the wanting to be dead already answers last year so some tv shows aren't inviting her. Who knows. 

Thank God Lana isn't Taylor Swift

If Lana were Taylor Swift, she wouldn't have to copy Lana to be Taylor Swift as Taylor copied Lana to have a new style and song (not to mention Taylor actually did not only fuck her way to the top and then rat out every guy by name she actualy had a mega mega

rich father buy her the charts (and she herself changed the way country music charted to please her.)

Thank God Lana isn't Taylor Swift

If Lana were Taylor Swift, she wouldn't have to copy Lana to be Taylor Swift as Taylor copied Lana to have a new style and song (not to mention Taylor actually did not only fuck her way to the top and then rat out every guy by name she actualy had a mega mega

rich father buy her the charts (and she herself changed the way country music charted to please her.)

Who even cares about Taylor copying Lana anymore? It's silly and redundant as it's a lost cause, Lana doesn't even bother.

obUZKpb.gif

Nobody should have expected great sales for this album anyway. There is no hit on the album. HBTB simply can not be played by the radio and nothing else on it is something that could blow up.

Of course Interscope / Polydor won't push it and Lana doesn't do it either, because they know it.

Writing hit songs doesn't mean it has to be generic. Video Games, Blue Jeans or Summertime Sadness weren't generic either. It's just that no song on this album really battles other songs in her discography as a career highlight.

This release feels more like a Paradise 2.0

Nobody should have expected great sales for this album anyway. There is no hit on the album. HBTB simply can not be played by the radio and nothing else on it is something that could blow up.

Of course Interscope / Polydor won't push it and Lana doesn't do it either, because they know it.

Writing hit songs doesn't mean it has to be generic. Video Games, Blue Jeans or Summertime Sadness weren't generic either. It's just that no song on this album really battles other songs in her discography as a career highlight.

This release feels more like a Paradise 2.0

High By the Beach is No. 12 in the Latin American charts though :creep: and it gets played on the radio here :creep:

And I personally think The Blackest Day is totally a career highlight.

High By the Beach is No. 12 in the Latin American charts though :creep: and it gets played on the radio here :creep:

And I personally think The Blackest Day is totally a career highlight.

Ok, but the Latin / South American charts are really unimportant for the sales in terms of big numbers. The big markets are already known.

And no, TBD is a good song, it ain't however a highlight in her career.

Her career highlights remain: Video Games, Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, West Coast and Brooklyn Baby, maybe Young and Beautiful because it is the one with good streaming numbers and overall exposure, although I personally dislike that song, This is not just a personal opinion,

Her career highlights remain: Video Games, Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, West Coast and Brooklyn Baby, maybe Young and Beautiful because it is the one with good streaming numbers and overall exposure, although I personally dislike that song, This is not just a personal opinion,

:lmao:

You can't just dictate which songs are her career highlights. That's the point of a personal opinion. Just because you evidently adore these songs doesn't mean that everyone should agree with you and it certainly doesn't mean that they are Lana's career highlights, period. Your opinion isn't all that. It means as much as everyone else's opinion around here.

For the record, I think TBD is a career highlight too.

:lmao:

You can't just dictate which songs are her career highlights. That's the point of a personal opinion. Just because you evidently adore these songs doesn't mean that everyone should agree with you and it certainly doesn't mean that they are Lana's career highlights, period. Your opinion isn't all that. It means as much as everyone else's opinion around here.

For the record, I think TBD is a career highlight too.

First of all, I am always right and should never be questioned. I thought this was an established opinion by now. You must be new here.

Anyways: I already said, I dislike Yung and Bettifjuel. Hate it, actually. However, it was a song that did wonders to her career in the US. Many people remember her for that song because of Gatsby.

Video Games was a huge hit. BTD (the song) recieved the same amount of acclaim and was a Top10 hit. Blue Jeans is one of her signature songs. And Summertime Sadness is her biggest hit.

In terms of critical reaction West Coast and Brooklyn Baby were recieved as the best ones on UV.

And no, TBD is not a career highlight. Maybe when Cedric remixes it.

First of all, I am always right and should never be questioned. I thought this was an established opinion by now. You must be new here.

Anyways: I already said, I dislike Yung and Bettifjuel. Hate it, actually. However, it was a song that did wonders to her career in the US. Many people remember her for that song because of Gatsby.

Video Games was a huge hit. BTD (the song) recieved the same amount of acclaim and was a Top10 hit. Blue Jeans is one of her signature songs. And Summertime Sadness is her biggest hit.

In terms of critical reaction West Coast and Brooklyn Baby were recieved as the best ones on UV.

And no, TBD is not a career highlight. Maybe when Cedric remixes it.

Good try (: you had me fooled ha-ha you were obviously being sarcastic from the start