Sign in to follow this  
ZeroZero

LanaBoards Site Improvements

Lately, this site's annoyance situation has gotten pretty bad. I've made this thread so we could discuss ways to rid this site of spam accounts and anything else you think we should change, do or add. Maybe adding an IP blocker? Or adding a feature where older accounts can ban newer accounts that are making the LanaBoards experience an unpleasurable one, but if the moderators believe the account was in the wrong for banning, they could undo the deed. What other improvements do you think we could use?

(It'd be nice if we could get a new server but I know that's never going to happen)

There needs to be more power given to the mods tbh

The avatar/profile picture problem is a real mess as well. I really want to change my one but I'm shit scared I'll end up with the God awful tropico avatar....

There's also a problem with using ad-block on this site as well.The page continually keeps loading forever and it effects what loads up. For instance comments or pictures/gifs will load up slowly or not at all.

Also why is it that when someone puts up a soundcloud link it sometimes work but then other times it breaks the status bar....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

the mods are throwing a week long party where there's no wifi

Nah, that's this weekend

While we're asking for site improvements, can I also ask for world peace, a cure for cancer, and a topiary pony?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Nah, that's this weekend

While we're asking for site improvements, can I also ask for world peace, a cure for cancer, and a topiary pony?

You may ask for all, but whether or not you get the answer you would like is the real question (I'm joking also everything in this thread will probably never happen but it's nice to plan and dream for the future :') )

Nah, that's this weekend

Just ban the troll accounts is it really that hard? no

I said nothing sorry :toofunny:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Just ban the troll accounts is it really that hard? no

I said nothing sorry :toofunny:

:lmao: at the sudden lack of nerve when you notice a mod is reading the thread

But seriously you have no idea how much time we actually spend manually banning trolls and spammers. You probably don't even see a lot of it because we often get rid of it before it's reported. I can't tell you how many accounts I've post-restricted less than 10 minutes after creation. But we can't live on the forum 24/7. The problem isn't with the mod staff. We're using what powers we have to their fullest extent.

:lmao: at the sudden lack of nerve when you notice a mod is reading the thread

But seriously you have no idea how much time we actually spend manually banning trolls and spammers. You probably don't even see a lot of it because we often get rid of it before it's reported. I can't tell you how many accounts I've post-restricted less than 10 minutes after creation. But we can't live on the forum 24/7. The problem isn't with the mod staff. We're using what powers we have to their fullest extent.

I checked after I made that comment and the troll account was already banned lol sorry

Yeh I imagine you guys work hard and we don't really appreciate it, that's why I posted a status about helping fight the spam/troll accounts... is there anything we (as normal users that is) can do to help? I try to report offensive posts as soon as I see them but idk if that's useful

ZmJh1LG.jpg

There really needs to be a few more mods tbh

There's only 4 (If I remembered correctly) and that's a lot of pressure especially with such a busy forum and little or no power at all to maintaine the site tbh

A few extra hands would go a long way.....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

There really needs to be a few more mods tbh

There's only 4 (If I remembered correctly) and that's a lot of pressure especially with such a busy forum and little or no power at all to maintaine the site tbh

A few extra hands would go a long way.....

I'm not really sure what the point of creating more impotent mods would be.

Speak for yourself :crossed: #PetitionToMakeMeAMod #Trump2016

that'd be great (omg please yasssss) we should vote on the idea and see if everyone wants to go through with more mods, reliable accounts that are always online who are trusted and have been here for a while

This is a really frustrating thread. 

We are doing everything that we can. The problem isn't a lack of moderators, it's the lack of power that moderators have to do their job effectively. 

How hard is this to understand? We can only do so much and then you guys come here and shit on us. Great. 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

This is a really frustrating thread.

We are doing everything that we can. The problem isn't a lack of moderators, it's the lack of power that moderators have to do their job effectively.

How hard is this to understand? We can only do so much and then you guys come here and shit on us. Great.

I'm not shitting on you I'm just trying to help because you guys do so much we shouldn't put all the work on your backs :toofunny:

I'm not shitting on you I'm just trying to help because you guys do so much we shouldn't put all the work on your backs :toofunny:

Again, you're not listening. It isn't that we have so much work to do, it's that we don't have the administrative power to do what needs to be done (i.e., IP Ban). More moderators would not help. 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

y'all could all be mods and we'd still have spammers lmao, want you really want to hope for is admin powers.

do we even have anyway of contacting the admin so they could grant you more power on this site? (its a stupid question but I'm genuinely asking)

Again, you're not listening. It isn't that we have so much work to do, it's that we don't have the administrative power to do what needs to be done (i.e., IP Ban). More moderators would not help.

I'm sorry I probably sound like an idiot now I just didn't know how much power moderators held and I thought it was much more. Apologies if I sounded like a dumb bitch