Myriam

Do you think Lana still does drugs?

Hi guys,

I'm sure there's some variant of this thread out there, but do you guys think Lana still uses hard drugs? I'm 100% sure she smokes top quality weed, but what about harder stuff?

I know she had a meth/coke/heroin trailer park (damn) faze a few years ago, especially around the time of "May Jailer", following her teenage alcoholism. 

I assumed she'd stopped hard stuff completely, but I can TOTALLY imagine her still doing the "opulent and glamorous" drugs i.e. coke and heroin. "Yayo" means "coke", even if it may be a metaphor, and someone cooks heroin in the West Coast video.

It seems obvious that she does hard drugs, because I know from experience (friends) that ONLY people involved with hard drugs talk about them, feature them in art etc. As in, someone who only smokes weed wouldn't make a song involving any imagery to do with heroin or coke. People who don't take hard drugs tend to find them distasteful and not at all luxurious or fashionable, right?

Do you think Lana manages to use class As carefully? She seems to be doing well at the moment and looks great. I just wonder because it's impossible to use something like heroin in a sparing, "glamorous" way without becoming addicted.

What do you guys think? If she doesn't let it ruin her life it's fine (i guess), but is it really possible to go on that way, lightly using cocaine?

I think this subject is so tired.

I find Lana's drug use kind of thrilling but I don't really fixate on it, I never really did. I don't think she still uses hard drugs, but like any ex drug addict, I think she still has coping issues. Like Ride for example I think sometimes she may get into hard patches in her life that make her want to use again. It's hard to stay completely sober but I have confidence she has. That being said, I think that's really her business at this point. And unless she's vomiting out of night clubs and what not, I don't really care - am not really concerned about Lana doing drugs right now.

Lana sings about a lot of different substances, but do we know what drugs she may regularly use? Obviously weed...but I was listening to Florida Kilos (which is obvi about cocaine) and the thought of Lana doing coke seems really unnatural to me lmao. She seems like such a docile person, so her on coke would probably be a really interesting sight. 

I think lana references drugs and getting high as a metaphor for escape from reality, a free ticket to paradise

some of her references are pretty hardcore - like I doubt she's shot up or cooked crack; maybe she hung out with people who knew people or whatever. that's the fun of being her fan, we won't know where fantasy and reality melt into one another. Bravo to her, she's got drug cred to a certain extent while seeming to avoid the depths of addiction so far - it's a line lots of people try to walk/snort but not everyone can still look at themselves in the mirror.

When she was a party girl, she probably did coke to keep herself up. Coke gives you energy and alertness from nowhere.

doubt she ever did anything hardcore like meth tho lol

She obvs smokes weed now, which is better than alcohol or cigs

:smokes:

Hmm. There are songs that she uses drugs as metaphors, definitely. However there are songs in which Lana explicitly says that she has used/uses various drugs.

Amphetamines, as in Adderal. probably. She has mentioned pills in songs. Ecstacy and weed, yes. probably. I wouldn't be surprised if she did a bit of speed here and there. There are definitely times during the Born To Die era that she is on something.....that didn't seem like  weed, coke, or being drunk. 

She seems to have been with men that enjoy their hard-drugs, it wouldn't be surprising if she tried speed or something with one of them.

In conclusion.....I want to take hella pills w/ Lana

Lana has definitely taken pills before and smokes weed. But I can't see her doing hard drugs. Knowing how hard is was for her to get sober from liquor, if she even touched them, she'd still be living in a trailer park while hallucinating that Elvis, Marilyn and Jesus are all with her while playing some messed up guitar (imagine taking LSD with Lana back then yoooo)

Got this from a thread in LB. It seemed to be just unreleased songs, so I tried to add some released ones but undoubtedly I'm missing a lot.

Boarding School :                 "let's do drugs" ; "I do them drugs" ; "if you wanna get high with me" ; "doing crack"
Daytona Meth
Hawaiian Tropic:                   "on that crystal meth"
Paradise                               "dope"
Scarface:                              "Do I look high to you?"
St. Tropez                             "Drunk and high" 
You & Me:                             "No longer high" ; "make me higher"; "gettin' blazed"
Yayo
Methamphetamines
American:                               "dope"
Beautiful Player :                    "Valium"
Born to Die :                           "let's go get high"
Carmen:                                  "getting high for free"
Carmen (demo)                      "cocaine heart"
Disco                                      "heroin"
Driving in Cars with Boys        "crazy like a drug"
Get Drunk                              "using again" ; "Robitussin"
Gods & Monsters                    "Dope"
Heavy Hitter:                           "overdose" 
Making Out:                            "taking drugs"
Never Let Me Go                    "you can push your drugs"
National Anthem                     "overdosing"; "on our drugs"
Off To The Races                   "cocaine heart" 
Puppy Love                             "overdose"
Junkie Pride
Spotlight De-lite                        "dope"
Try Tonight                              "to not get high"
Us Against the World                "get high for"
Velvet Crowbar                         "crack"
Jump                                         "mixture of cocaine and heroin" ; "junkie"
Breaking My Heart                     "yayo"
Florida Kilos                               "white lines"; "baking powder on the stove"; "turning diamonds into snow"; "you snort it like a champ"
Cruel World                                "and all of your heroin"
Brooklyn Baby                            "I get high on hydroponic weed"
Pretty When I Cry                        "next to all your drugs"
Sad Girl                                       "peepin' around while he gets high"
Is This Happiness                       "takin'/crushin' violet pills"
Hollywood                                  "shootin' heroin and speedballs"
High By The Beach                    "all I wanna do is get high by the beach"
Betty Boop Boop                        "crystal methamphetamine"

Got this from a thread in LB. It seemed to be just unreleased songs, so I tried to add some released ones but undoubtedly I'm missing a lot.

Boarding School :                 "let's do drugs" ; "I do them drugs" ; "if you wanna get high with me" ; "doing crack"
Daytona Meth
Hawaiian Tropic:                   "on that crystal meth"
Paradise                               "dope"
Scarface:                              "Do I look high to you?"
St. Tropez                             "Drunk and high" 
You & Me:                             "No longer high" ; "make me higher"; "gettin' blazed"
Yayo
Methamphetamines
American:                               "dope"
Beautiful Player :                    "Valium" "the x that we took with champagne"
Born to Die :                           "let's go get high"
Carmen:                                  "getting high for free"
Carmen (demo)                      "cocaine heart"
Disco                                      "heroin"
Driving in Cars with Boys        "crazy like a drug"
Get Drunk                              "using again" ; "Robitussin"
Gods & Monsters                    "Dope"
Heavy Hitter:                           "overdose" 
Making Out:                            "taking drugs"
Never Let Me Go                    "you can push your drugs"
National Anthem                     "overdosing"; "on our drugs"
Off To The Races                   "cocaine heart" 
Puppy Love                             "overdose"
Junkie Pride
Spotlight De-lite                        "dope"
Try Tonight                              "to not get high"
Us Against the World                "get high for"
Velvet Crowbar                         "crack"
Jump                                         "mixture of cocaine and heroin" ; "junkie"
Breaking My Heart                     "yayo"
Florida Kilos                               "white lines"; "baking powder on the stove"; "turning diamonds into snow"; "you snort it like a champ"
Cruel World                                "and all of your heroin"
Brooklyn Baby                            "I get high on hydroponic weed"
Pretty When I Cry                        "next to all your drugs"
Sad Girl                                       "peepin' around while he gets high"
Is This Happiness                       "takin'/crushin' violet pills"
Hollywood                                  "shootin' heroin and speedballs"
High By The Beach                    "all I wanna do is get high by the beach"
Betty Boop Boop                        "crystal methamphetamine"

Just saying -- it would be weird to take on the social stigma (especially being that her career is based on public-image to an extent) of being a recreational drug user if you've never been one. It is labeled as a deviant behavior and I doubt many sober people would find getting high as appealing or glamorize it as Lana has. She has publicly talked about struggling with alcoholism and it seems likely that she has struggled with depression, so it is not a stretch to think that she has ever used recreational drugs. Disregarding the fact, of course, that she references herself using drugs throughout her entire catalog, released and unreleased.