AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

8 minutes ago, drewlwhite said:

WTF...woke up hoping for new Charli music and I find this...

I'm speechless...this ruined my day from the start. And I don't know how can I recover from this, she was... I don't know, but her craft, so plastic, concrete, was so inspirational to me and no one else was doing it like her.

Fuckkk, I've lost two of my favorite EDM producers in like 3 months, i_o first, now this. :facepalm:

What?!? What happend to i_o? I loved his collabs with Lights and Grimes? 

mfdoom, i_o, sophie 

it's not even february i can't fucking stand it here 

i think one thing that should be commented that maybe isn’t brought up - sophie not only had a huge influence on the entire industry but a huge influence on local music cultures in glasgow as well. every indie, electronic, max-msp wielding art school student in this city is in the likeness of her. a true legend locally and internationally.

Official Statement:

"It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4am in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident. At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity."

https://mixmag.net/read/musician-sophie-died-news

a fucking accident it was an accident it wasn't anything more the chance of life that's always there you've got to be fucking kidding me i can't fucking believe this

oh my fucking god, i cannot for the life of me process this loss

this is such an incredibly tragic loss for the trans community, the music industry, and the world as a whole

she was such a visionary and truly a master of her craft

fuck... may she rest in paradise, forever <3

This is heartbreaking. Sophie completely redefined for me what pop and electronic music can be. Product was the soundtrack of my high school years. This is such a devastating loss, and may she rest in power.