AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

I’m so glad I got to see the album tour and I got to see her perform with Charli in London and even do Taxi, I know we all joke around about that song but I’m just thankful I got to experience her

I’m still just so...angry? I don’t even know, it’s like the same feeling I had when Naya Rivera died, to know her and Sophie’s last moments were probably filled with fear and panic just makes me feel so fucking angry at the world and it’s like you don’t know how to feel because it was an accident, no ones at fault, you can’t blame anyone for it, it was just a horrible accident

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Nobody said:

Details on what happened:

Hide contents

A senior police official confirmed to MailOnline the artist fell from the rooftop of a three-story building in central Athens while trying to take a picture of the full moon. 

'The exact conditions of the fall are being investigated by police in central Athens,' a senior official said. 'The investigation is ongoing.' 

Sophie's girlfriend Evita Manji told MailOnline she managed to speak with the artist after she fell into an open space in the rear of the apartment bloc.   

'I managed to tell her I love her and to tell her to keep fighting,' she said. 'She was my life. We were supposed to get married.' 

She said the police and fire brigade took around 90 minutes to 'get her out'.

The building, nestled in the district of Plateia Karaiskaki in central Athens, was cordoned off special investigators on Sunday, scouring the roof terrace for clues.  

This just... hurts to read... Things like that aren’t supposed to happen. Makes all of this even worse.

I hope in whatever dimension she's in, she's making and releasing music. And playing it loud for the many souls we lost on this earth. She was the definition of party.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

90 minutes might sound really insane but there's probably a lot of procedures paramedics need to go through before they can remove a patient from a scene. it's always not just a manic rush to the hospital. i'm sure the paramedics knew what they were doing in that situation.

i touched on this a few months ago in a status but when i saw that person who got hit by a car, a good portion of time (an hour to an hour and a half) was spent on the scene. they weren't moved for a very long time. paramedics need to assess the injuries and provide the immediate care the person might need before they can transport them. unless any actual claims of malpractice come from sophie's close friends / people who were present don't be quick to project anger. i'm sure they were only doing their best to save her in the middle of a global pandemic.

i know it's hard though. a lot of people will want something to blame, but in reality this was just a tragic accident. i'm sure any of us wish we could have changed that.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:45 AM, wraith said:

This is a really small and stupid thing but I have been meaning to buy the Product vinyl collection for ages now, like its been in my wantlist on Discogs for ages but I never got round to it cause they were pretty commonly available for the price the originally sold for and I tend to prioritise vinyl in my collection which is rare/could become rare so I don't have to spend loads on it down the line. I literally have had Sophies vinyl in my Discogs cart for like a month now and as soon as this happens, they all sell out and now people are selling copies for like £145 and up when most of them went for around £12-£20 the other day. It is making me sick, not because I can't get them anymore but purely because people are making bank off of her death. It is disgusting and I wish there was a way to report it on Discogs. I am so glad I got my OOEPUI vinyl at the time, I will literally never part with it now.

im in the exact same situation. i cannot believe people are so willing to profit off of her death it is incredibly disgusting. makes me so upset.

It’s definitely setting in harder over time than just reading that she had passed away... I was in completely shock and disbelief when I saw the news, “it can’t be, there’s no way”... but the music is hitting so differently now, it’s truly transcendental stuff and knowing she’s passed on... it’s truly wild.

So sad. So much potential. So much more to give to the world. :( 

We cannot let this topic die. Her work, music and existence must forever be celebrated. I have refreshed this forum at least once a day for at least the past two years. It's naturally become a habit of connecting with other fans and listeners of Sophie in a world where she was criminally underrated. I'm so grateful that people like us really understood her gift and celebrated it from the beginning.

17 hours ago, alkolmoldah said:

So far since her passing

Kitty Cat

The Way It Is (HQ)

Me and My Girlfriend

Burn Rubber (in slightly higher quality)

Bikers (with A.G. Cook)

High School Luv

are the wavs uploaded to dbree legit?

Also: Does anyone know if those are legit?

https://dbree.org/v/29b941

I'm listening to her songs again on & on, still crying, can't believe this.