AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

I haven't been on this site in a while, but I am so devastated that she's gone. Last Saturday I had to get up early for work and I was like, should I go on my phone for a few minutes or just get up? I went on ATRL, the first thing I see is: "Confirmed: SOPHIE has passed away". My heart dropped. SOPHIE is the last person I'd expect something like this to happen to. I couldn't believe it. I didn't really cry over it, almost did, but this is such a huge loss. PC Music and hyperpop will never be the same without her. I loved IOTC and Ponyboy in 2017. Then I heard the live recordings of Faceshopping and eventually I got the leak the day before release. I was in school, senior year of high school, when I first heard the studio version. Words can't explain how much I loved that track and how it wowed me. I was so excited for OOEPUI to come out and it was released just a week after I graduated high school. 2018 was one of the best years of my life. Loved the album. I hadn't listened to her too much in 2019/20 since she hasn't released, but I was so looking forward to a new album. RIP QUEEN.

Which version is the final version of Transnation? There's an 11 minute version on Soundcloud, but the one on my computer is 7 minutes.

4 hours ago, Ayesha said:

Which version is the final version of Transnation? There's an 11 minute version on Soundcloud, but the one on my computer is 7 minutes.

i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure the 11 minute one is the only "official" version that leaked, even if it was a demo

if the one you have is studio it could be an edit but if it's live it could be closer to a final or a vip/remix

2 hours ago, DaddyKnows said:

Ok, so I just found out that this rumour of an upcoming release is nothing but a sick joke made by useless groups doxxing another user on SOPHIE's Discord server, as always. The same group who hacked her stuff. So, the tracklist is fake, everything is fake. Nothing is coming on February 22.

347cy1nkes661.jpg

there still could've been something planned for february 22 unless the hacker(s) just wanted to mess with people

i don't think anyone really believed or cared about the "sal611 paid a hacker with his mom's credit card" thing anyways lol

22 hours ago, cspencere94 said:

Hi guys, I hope everyone is doing well after this rough last couple of weeks... Thought I could brighten some people's day with this compilation album I created using SOPHIE's best unreleased tracks. It includes custom artwork (also by me) and is formatted perfectly for iTunes (i.e. explicit tags, m4a AAC, etc). The songs I chose are also all high quality versions, so no LQ or live rips.

18 tracks. 1h 9m runtime. All HQ rips. Hi-res artwork. Updated metadata/ID3 tags.

If interested, please PM me and I'll send you a DL link~

58-CE893-B-42-C3-4-F69-8403-BCF437-AB406

85-F9021-D-8914-495-A-BFED-EE319-E0-A765

This is amazing, could I get the link please?

On 4/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, TrashMagiq said:

the incest admiring... country album’s coming i fear

24 minutes ago, wraith said:

makes me so happy that artists are able to still share sophie's talent with us, as horrible as this has been, i hope other artists follow suit and bring more of sophie's creations to us (with proceeds being used for donations being a huge plus!)

A note from Basside: 
"We’ve waited way too long to let this song out. We had a few road bumps that made it difficult for us, and we kind of just felt like we had all the time in the world. The tragic passing of SOPHIE has made us realize that time is precious, and waiting for a hypothetical future we know nothing about is the wrong way to live. All we have is the present. 

NYC2MIA started out as a fun chant, we lived in separate cities and when we were together it was what we would use to hype up parties, or scream at the world when we would ride our bikes around town. It was the first song we made with SOPHIE and the popularity it gained was unimaginable. Being able to say “New York to Miami” and having strangers know the next part really makes us feel special. 
We dedicate this track to SOPHIE. Thank you for seeing us and believing in us. 

We’re donating 100% of profits from this track to the Sylvia Rivera Law Project (SRLP), which works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine their gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination, or violence.”

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, douglasr said:

Hey? Which one is the official version of Good Thing Going On?

I've had this one for YEARS which has a little intro as a little build up: https://dbree.org/v/494602
But then I found this other version (which I believe is exactly the same, but with the intro cut???) on Discord and some unreleased folders: https://dbree.org/v/06021a

Thanks!

Keep both. The one with intro sounds like it was ripped from a mix setlist

4 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Apparently MAKERESPECT leaked <3 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PjdWuX-s50CL5hL7RvzAAnvxVMe7OfoZxS-kME19CVc/edit#gid=0

from the sophie discord:

Earlier in the week, a few days or so after SOPHIE's passing, the mod team was approached by someone who has been a fan of SOPHIE for a very long time. Like since the very beginning. They archived something that was thought to be completely lost forever: SOPHIE's original Soundcloud songs that were wiped very early on in her career.

They kindly sent these songs to us, with the intent of sharing them with the community, but they wanted to remain anonymous and didn't want the attention for posting these lost files publicly. The mod team and I discussed what ethically is the right thing to do in this situation. We have been very vocal about being anti-leak since SOPHIE's passing. It is an unfortunate situation. However, we came to the conclusion that SOPHIE released these songs publicly, and it would be ok to share these tracks with the community.

I really did not want this to come off as like some weird advertisement for our server that requires you to join to get these files. So please feel free to use the spreadsheet to share these songs outside of the server as well.