AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

Tomorrow marks three years since I saw her DJ for the first time in Vegas. What I would do to relive that night :poordat:

Was one of my first dates with my current boyfriend. Dragged him to the barricade even though he had never heard a SOPHIE song before and he was getting his life. It literally makes me tear up thinking about it LOL.

Scoured the internet for any photos/videos and found this amazing picture. Ugh I miss her so much.

60b3d02abe705f05606cd2cc_609c3c17c44a2d4

i can’t comprehend that it feels like yesterday she was here releasing music and living her life and now she’s gone.

part of me is sad and upset that it felt like everyone moved on quite quickly. but i also feel like no amount of homage could do her justice, just a slow acceptance. 

i feel like recently it truly set in that we won’t ever get to see her live again, she won’t produce or record any more songs.

we can only remember her through her past work and still hear her huge influence on the music industry.

miss you sophie :ohno:

its still so upsetting to me that the only time she played in my city (boston) was on a boat (!?) that was 21+ when i was 17. makes me rly upset knowing i'll never see her in person! so glad a lot of u had the chance though <3

yeah I can't believe its almost been two years... one year can pass so quickly but after two its like damn she really is gone huh... :rollin:its painful to think of all the things that would've happened by now if she was still with us its honestly the only thing in my life that can move me to tears almost immediately. I remember seeing people talk about how PC music/hyperpop was dead the day everything happened and passing it off as a dramatic statement made in an emotional time but in retrospect the genre truly has plummeted into a shell of its former self. she was such a trailblazer and incredibly unique in every aspect I can't believe someone regarded as one of the most important musicians of our time had something so brutal and tragic happen to her it still feels so unreal. like damn :crai:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

i unfortunately never heard of sophie until after her passing but seeing photos and videos of her and hearing her music just validates me so much as a fellow trans gal. ive legit cried myself to sleep multiple times knowing that ill never get to like, see her live or meet her or experience her in person, which i know is sorta cringe but like, i dont fucking care because her art has moved me so much

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

I’ll never get over missing out on  live shows. It’s one of the only future plans I knew I had, seeing her would’ve changed everything for me. It’s sad to think about how much more she had to contribute that we’ll never see in this lifetime. Living in her honour 4 sure

15 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I’ll never get over missing out on  live shows. It’s one of the only future plans I knew I had, seeing her would’ve changed everything for me. It’s sad to think about how much more she had to contribute that we’ll never see in this lifetime. Living in her honour 4 sure

100% this, sophie was literally the only person I cared about seeing live like her shows were just so unique

I really don’t think I’ll ever feel the same way about another artist tbh