AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

Since we basically have the album if that track list is correct, it seems odd? The flow doesn’t seem right, there’s some original Sophie in there mixed with some proper pop songs but the aren’t collected together in sections. It’s like old Sophie clashing with a want to go mainstream and produce for popular artists. Does anyone else agree or disagree?

57 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

Since we basically have the album if that track list is correct, it seems odd? The flow doesn’t seem right, there’s some original Sophie in there mixed with some proper pop songs but the aren’t collected together in sections. It’s like old Sophie clashing with a want to go mainstream and produce for popular artists. Does anyone else agree or disagree?

I'm pretty sure that tracklist is fake. :rip: 

9 hours ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

In my fantasy, SOPHIE is leaking all of this shit herself to prevent the commodification of her art, committing to anti-capitalism by preventing her tracks from being boughten...

ok this is kind of annoying to me. when did the narrative start that SOPHIE was against the 'commodification' of her art? she literally NEVER said that.

Soph ALWAYS was about her money. Literally always. In her earliest interviews she said that she considers the genre of her music to be 'advertising' and gained her fame from Lemonade being featured in that McDonalds commercial. She has declined signing to a major, created her own publishing company so she makes more points on her records, and signed independently to retain rights over her masters. 

Plus remember when Brooke put her on blast for charging $10K for 'Oh Yeah?' Ms. Xeon is a business woman and a BUSINESS, WOMAN! She sold her remix album for $300 bucks a pop in 'clutch bag format' (her words) before putting it on streaming. she joked about 'leaking' her four albums, but i dont think that was ever gonna be the case. SOPHIE is about her purse and never has let anyone f*ck w/ her money. framing these leaks as anything less than damaging is really not it.

5 minutes ago, beepbeep240 said:

ok this is kind of annoying to me. when did the narrative start that SOPHIE was against the 'commodification' of her art? she literally NEVER said that.

Soph ALWAYS was about her money. Literally always. In her earliest interviews she said that she considers the genre of her music to be 'advertising' and gained her fame from Lemonade being featured in that McDonalds commercial. She has declined signing to a major, created her own publishing company so she makes more points on her records, and signed independently to retain rights over her masters. 

Plus remember when Brooke put her on blast for charging $10K for 'Oh Yeah?' Ms. Xeon is a business woman and a BUSINESS, WOMAN! She sold her remix album for $300 bucks a pop in 'clutch bag format' (her words) before putting it on streaming. she joked about 'leaking' her four albums, but i dont think that was ever gonna be the case. SOPHIE is about her purse and never has let anyone f*ck w/ her money. framing these leaks as anything less than damaging is really not it.

they were joking...

This is my tracklist 

Transnation 

New York's Burning Down 

Reason Why

Sunscreen 

My Forever 

Take Me To Dubai 

Burn Rubber

Animosity 

Lock It Up

Transnation (Reprise) - last 2:32 minutes 

Love Me Off Earth

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

2 hours ago, glitch diva said:

Okay, who's gonna make a coherent tracklist?

Spoiler

TransNation

Take Me To Dubai

Love Me Off Earth

Rawwww

Spliff In My Ear

New York’s Burning Down

Burn Rubber

Love Me Off Earth

Exhilerate

Don’t Make Me Wait

Lock It Up

Reason Why

Sunscreen

My Forever

Spoiler

Reason Why

Sunscreen

Don’t Make Me Wait

Lock It Up
Exhilerate

Take Me To Dubai

Love Me Off Earth

New York’s Burning Down

Burn Rubber

Spliff In My Ear

Rawwww

My Forever

TransNation

7 hours ago, alkolmoldah said:

Yeah, with Plunging Asymptote already being released under a side project (?), It seems pretty unlikely it would be on SOPHIE's album

they released it after the album was scrapped

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

ok, so, what songs are we missing from transation? (from the leaked tracklist i mean)

ps. this is the cover ive been using for the album, i think it fits

1531325072943-LEDE_SOPHIETZEF.jpeg?crop=0.7436xw%3A1xh%3B0.1614xw%2C0xh&resize=650%3A*&output-quality=50

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Question, do y'all think the album was ready for release before it was scrapped? Like tracklist was decided, prod. was finished and everything? With a video for Transnation in existence, it makes me think it was close anyways if not completely finished

XPo3CNC.jpg