AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

i dont even know what to do with myself. so much of the music i listen to, especially during hard times, is either sophies music, produced by sophie or directly influenced by sophie.  i cant bring myself to listen to any of it. 

4 minutes ago, wraith said:

i dont even know what to do with myself. so much of the music i listen to, especially during hard times, is either sophies music, produced by sophie or directly influenced by sophie.  i cant bring myself to listen to any of it. 

yeah I have no idea how I will enjoy tracks as take me to Dubai or New York's burning down, without thinking about her and how tragic all of this is...

5 minutes ago, wraith said:

i can’t bring myself to listen to music at all without thinking of her, sophie produced or not. i just feel so empty. like my only source of true happiness and to get my mind off things is watching her old shows. i don’t know what do anymore

i remember when i first heard bitch, i'm madonna. the mv had just hit youtube and everyone was shit-talking how bad it was, so naturally i checked it out to see if it was that bad. but i found myself enamoured with its duality - it was using traditional transgressive sounds and genuinely making something fresh and progressive from it. it grew on me with every listen. then, when vroom vroom hit, i couldn't stop listening. trophy just hit different. then xcx world leaked, and those songs changed my life. then faceshopping, ponyboy and immaterial. her work with let's eat grandma in particular was something that kept me sane and made me feel grounded during an incredibly difficult time.

i just can't accept that she's gone. she was at the height of her powers.

redline

i never thought listening to taxi would have me feeling extremely upset, it still feels really surreal 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i just woke up and found out it was confirmed. god i just burst into tears, one of the most innovative people in music of our time, i remember listening to BIPP for the very first time and what a transcending experience that was. she means so much to me not only as an artist but as a trans person. oil of every pearls helped me so much at a time in my life when i was exploring and accepting my identity, i had never felt so seen by an artist. her legacy will live on. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

18 minutes ago, wraith said:

i’ll be home soon and we can both cry <3

So sad for you guys I wasn't ever a listener but their presence was inescapable on twitter and music forums and seemed to be such a prolific and influential artist and a pioneer of so many things that are ubiquitous in music and digital art today. Alongside the death of Terrell Davis earlier this month it's so heartbreaking to see creatives who are really pushing the envelope and building such a sense of community with their supporters taken from us.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

29 minutes ago, gogo yubari said:

i remember when i first heard bitch, i'm madonna. the mv had just hit youtube and everyone was shit-talking how bad it was, so naturally i checked it out to see if it was that bad. but i found myself enamoured with its duality - it was using traditional transgressive sounds and genuinely making something fresh and progressive from it. it grew on me with every listen. then, when vroom vroom hit, i couldn't stop listening. trophy just hit different. then xcx world leaked, and those songs changed my life. then faceshopping, ponyboy and immaterial. her work with let's eat grandma in particular was something that kept me sane and made me feel grounded during an incredibly difficult time.

i just can't accept that she's gone. she was at the height of her powers.

i literally went through the EXACT same situation. my first exposure to her was weirdly bitch i'm madonna, and i was OBSESSED with the infectious and boundary-pushing production and it's been an amazing journey ever since :(

I'm working on a huge Sophie tribute mix - please suggest any songs you think i should put in

including ones she liked - think i'll definitely put: 

Green Velvet - Shake & Pop

Pet Shopboys - West End Girls 

As well as our sophie favourites

I actually can’t believe this has happened I don’t understand, why, if it wasn’t for Sophie and the influence of Sophie I wouldn’t be so invested in this insane, incredible music genre that she helped shape and define and influence so much other music that I fucking love urgh, I can’t believe she’s gone what the fuck

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, KuntExpress said:

I'm working on a huge Sophie tribute mix - please suggest any songs you think i should put in

including ones she liked - think i'll definitely put: 

Green Velvet - Shake & Pop

Pet Shopboys - West End Girls 

As well as our sophie favourites

It’s Okay To Cry (Extended LV SS20 Edit)

Immaterial

My Forever