AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

been spinning my vinyl of this over and over and over and over and over today honestly..... feels unreal and hits too hard :crossed::rollin:

feels indescribable being the first celebrity death I've ever really cried about this shit just hurts I can only imagine how devastated the entire PC Music family and all of her friends/family must be and pray for all of their grieving / healing through such a shit time. 

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

it feels so weird to me i actually kinda processed that she's gone BUT i feel devastated everytime i see someone refferencing to her in the *past* tense... she IS the icon she IS the industry she IS the pioneer she IS the inspiration i just refuse to refference to her in the past tense, because of her art she and her legacy will live forever, there's no past tense for SOPHIE, she's here and now forever

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

it feels so weird to me i actually kinda processed that she's gone BUT i feel devastated everytime i see someone refferencing to her in the *past* tense... she IS the icon she IS the industry she IS the pioneer she IS the inspiration i just refuse to referrence to her in the past tense, because of her art she and her legacy will live forever, there's no past tense for SOPHIE, she's here and now forever

this

I am so shocked. Her art and her story as a trans woman are such an inspiration to me and it helped me go through the most challenging times in my life. That's why she's my favourite artist of all time and forever will be. Rest in Power, Immaterial Girl :(

Rest in Power, Dear SOPHIE. You are a trailblazer with a vision ahead of our time. 

I believe her best was still ahead. We were merely getting started for a new dawn of music with her leading the forefront. She is a genius.

My heart aches. We're missing an angel today. 

source.gif source.gif

I really can’t believe this.. it’s so heartbreaking & surreal. She’s truly the most unique producer + artist I’ve seen since Björk. The way she breathed new life into pop music is so special and I’ll never forget her or stop listening to her music... I’m so heartbroken that she’s gone. I couldn’t cry last night before bed because I was trying to convince myself it wasn’t true / she’d be okay. Now I’m fighting off tears at work. This is truly such a devastating loss for the LGBT+ community and the music industry... :( 

rest in peace + power, queen of the full moon ♥️?

14417469274.gif

Here's a tiny piece from an assignment I had to write today for my English course on a writing that's affected us recently: 

"SOPHIE, a music producer I’ve known for years now, had passed away early in the morning. I began reading the dozens of writings from her close friends to fans to music critics, each of them intertwined with distraught and empowerment of her being. I felt liberated from the sadness I had held onto and instead started to empower her memory as well and honor the work she’s left behind. People’s words they left for her helped me realize that this is not a situation to feel sorry for her, this is a situation to share her mind with others and thank her for being as powerful as she was."

Her passing has weighed heavy on my mindset today, combined with other things, it's kind of made me feel a desire that I hadn't recognized before. I hope she's on the ethereal plane we all hope to get to one day. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

This is just an unspeakable loss...I can't believe she's really gone it's surreal. She'll live on through amazing art she's shared with us, and with representation and confidence she's given 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Does anyone know how she passed away?

[edit: apparently she died falling from a tree she climbed to watch the full moon]

I feel SO sad. I’m in shock and denial :( 

sophie meant so much to me... her music reminds me so much of the first time I fell in love. Hard to believe she’s gone 

This is such a sad day... we lost someone so special and otherworldly.

really feeling for her family, friends and fans - she will missed dearly. 

rest easy angel

I would never hurt you

2 minutes ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

is there a source that specified it was from a tree? i've only read that she "slipped and fell" but there was never an explanation of where she was

I just saw it was a tree on twitter. I know her label confirmed she fell and had an accident but they didn’t specify it was a tree :( 

15 minutes ago, xcxboy said:

I just saw it was a tree on twitter. I know her label confirmed she fell and had an accident but they didn’t specify it was a tree :( 

AP news confirmed that she slipped from an apartment balcony and fell

OAjeWdG.jpg?1