AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

4 minutes ago, Still Sane said:

The fact that leakers kept teasing February 22 makes me think that maybe a release was on its way. I kinda hope its true so that if a posthumous release has to come out it will be one that she created herself and not a mess of a cash grab that her label makes up to release to her fan

the only right way of a posthumous release of Sophie is a charity project dedicated to trans/queer foundations imo

hey everybody. hope you are all staying safe and doing well.

sophie was a major part of my 2018. i was never a big fan of her specifically, but i recognized her importance to music and "oil of every pearl's un-insides" was one of my favorite albums of that year. in 2018, i struggled with serious depression and anxiety. at the end of the day, her music was my source of happiness. even though i stopped listening to her stuff after that year, she still had a very important place in my heart.

when i heard the news today, i was in complete shock. right now, i am listening to her album for the first time in two years. i can barely describe what i am feeling. thank you so much for your inspiring art, sophie. you reached for the moon, and now you are the most beautiful star in the night sky. i will never forget what you and your music represented to me in my darkest days. rest in power, my queen <3

Such a sad day, a massive loss. She was a visionary and icon. 

I kinda expected her stuff to start leaking tbh. I think she really wanted people to hear her style and unfortunately some of her collabs hadn’t been released that she may have wanted. 

if you watch her Grammy red carpet interview she says that around 1:50. 

made this a status update too but:

Saw that Jeremy O Harris was doing this on Twitter and thought it was lovely so: trans/gnb folks who loved Sophie and are in mourning DM me yr venmo or paypal and i'll send the first two people to respond some $ for takeout/a nice bottle of wine ($25 each). Will take this down once two ppl have gotten in touch. xoxox

aOaIzH2.gif

tell all of those close to you in your life your love for them often, because nothing is truly promised and every day we humans get to spend in this world is a gift and we all should feel blessed to have been here on this planet at the same time with her to bear witness and enjoy her artistry and beauty in such a way. :toofunny: :toofunny:

in other news rediscovering this gem just has me on a constant loop of  :icant::sluttybunny::icant::sluttybunny:all of these lyrical themes on certain SOPHIE involved tracks I've revisited a lot today (Just Like We Never Said Goodbye, Die 4, Nothing Is Promised, OK to Cry, Infatuation) just have such a heavier weight and sentiment now ... also not to be pushy or insensitive to anyone but was a studio quality version of this nothing is promised mix ever leaked or put out on platforms anywhere etc? 

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

9 minutes ago, JamiDelRey said:

tell all of those close to you in your life your love for them often, because nothing is truly promised and every day we humans get to spend in this world is a gift and we all should feel blessed to have been here on this planet at the same time with her to bear witness and enjoy her artistry and beauty in such a way. :toofunny: :toofunny:

in other news rediscovering this gem just has me on a constant loop of  :icant::sluttybunny::icant::sluttybunny:all of these lyrical themes on certain SOPHIE involved tracks I've revisited a lot today (Just Like We Never Said Goodbye, Die 4, Nothing Is Promised, OK to Cry, Infatuation) just have such a heavier weight and sentiment now ... also not to be pushy or insensitive to anyone but was a studio quality version of this nothing is promised mix ever leaked or put out on platforms anywhere etc? 

https://dbree.org/v/01d824

6 hours ago, snake said:

I saw these two floating around on twitter, an apple music and spotify one. Just released stuff.

SOPHIE’s music and impact truly touched a lot further than it seemed. So sad an icon was lost such a huge part of all of our lives. RIP

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4jujzM4Ea9yCgNvynO96Jh?si=TCINyathTeaW869MMNDnNQ

https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/sophie-entire-released-production-writing-discography/pl.u-6mo40WZiBZWo4Y

Been putting together a masterlist of everything her on streaming as well, wonder if this is everything

https://music.apple.com/ca/playlist/discover-sophie-test/pl.u-b3b8em7Cd9V3Yr

6 hours ago, snake said:

I saw these two floating around on twitter, an apple music and spotify one. Just released stuff.

SOPHIE’s music and impact truly touched a lot further than it seemed. So sad an icon was lost such a huge part of all of our lives. RIP

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4jujzM4Ea9yCgNvynO96Jh?si=TCINyathTeaW869MMNDnNQ

https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/sophie-entire-released-production-writing-discography/pl.u-6mo40WZiBZWo4Y

Omfg I never knew the Paris Suit Yourself remix was on apple music :crai: I know what's gonna be on repeat tonight

XPo3CNC.jpg

Such a beautiful mark on the world. It’s so surreal to think the utopia she spearheaded will not be expanded on by the same hands that created it. We must move forward without her , rejoicing at the fact we had someone so brave enough to be the catalyst. The catalyst for liberating a world in which the creator is living. I hope she knows , that happy place people are supposed to have, will forever be her and her music for millions. Awake and asleep.

I really do hope and pray someday that vinyl re-releases will happen (especially of Oil in particular seeing how tragic and almost disrespectful things already are getting on ebay/discogs the literal same day she f***ing passed) like https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SUPER-RARE-Sophie-Oil-of-Every-Pearls-Un-Sides-RED-Vinyl-LP/254826408183?hash=item3b54d668f7:g:j8IAAOSwKT5f9JjB what in the actual FUCK (I know this sort of thing is to be expected tho as with the passing of any music artist especially so young but still it hurts the heart a bit seeing all these godawful ebay listings) :rollin:

edit: also I suggest ordering your copy of this 12" of the new Bipp remix/Unisil quickly if you wanted to avoid paying $100-200+ for it from a scalper later https://boomkat.com/products/bipp-autechre-mx

Edited by JamiDelRey

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

54 minutes ago, JamiDelRey said:

I really do hope and pray someday that vinyl re-releases will happen (especially of Oil in particular seeing how tragic and almost disrespectful things already are getting on ebay/discogs the literal same day she f***ing passed) like https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SUPER-RARE-Sophie-Oil-of-Every-Pearls-Un-Sides-RED-Vinyl-LP/254826408183?hash=item3b54d668f7:g:j8IAAOSwKT5f9JjB what in the actual FUCK (I know this sort of thing is to be expected tho as with the passing of any music artist especially so young but still it hurts the heart a bit seeing all these godawful ebay listings) :rollin:

edit: also I suggest ordering your copy of this 12" of the new Bipp remix/Unisil quickly if you wanted to avoid paying $100-200+ for it from a scalper later https://boomkat.com/products/bipp-autechre-mx

just pre-ordered my vinyl:wub:

charli xcx gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

What's the work SOPHIE did for/with Rihanna?

• Nothing Promised (Remix) [feat. Young Thug]
  • Priority (feat. NOVA Wav) — Pitch for Rihanna
  • Don't Make Me Wait (feat Bibi Bourelly) — Pitch for Rihanna

X1.png

I never heard of Sophie before. I'm not into electronic or DJ type music. I read the comments here and looked into some of Sophie's videos. This reminds of when David Bowie and Chris Cornell died. I was devastated and cried everyday for both men for like a year. I still cry sometimes if I hear one of their songs or watch a video. I can only imagine what Sophie's fans are going through right now, so my condolences to all of you here.

love-hug-icegif.gif

5 hours ago, Heartbreak High said:

Such a sad day, a massive loss. She was a visionary and icon. 

I kinda expected her stuff to start leaking tbh. I think she really wanted people to hear her style and unfortunately some of her collabs hadn’t been released that she may have wanted. 

if you watch her Grammy red carpet interview she says that around 1:50. 

That was the first video I saw of her. I was very impressed with her and I'm not going to lie (nor am I trying to be disrespectful) but I was totally attracted to her vibes in this clip. She's like a cross between Rita Hayworth and Cody Fern wrapped into one in here.