Just Cherry

Music To Watch Boys To

I really like the kitsch imagery of the song, the single cover fits perfectly actually

EDIT. I also adore when Lana incorporates poems to her songs so the line 'Nothing gold can stay' takes a complete different meaning and I really like it

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I hear "Wear ribbons on ice" ? But since English isn't my mother tongue, I don't really know what "Ribbons on ice" are, despite googling it. At first, in TIWMTG, I thought it was a type of alcohol or simply ribbons that girls would put in their hair ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

boys=players (band, studio musicians)

music terminology

I think she is talking about being either in a recording studio or in concert and while she is singing music, she is watching the boys

(though it wouldn't surprise me if no one here sees it, and proving once again Lana has transended any past female singer and is in the

rarified area of the male singers/groups

btw, have another thought about this song, but that's for a different thread

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I was just thinking that the 'hoes' line might actually make sense. 'Akin', if I'm not mistaken, means being related or alike so I think what she means is that the only thing she has in common with other girls, or hoes, is lies...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

and it makes sense like it fits the whole sisterwives thing, a bunch of hoes that are lying about their past to appear pure or whatever and be able to live happily with a "family".

lana is referring to herself as a hoe too, saying that she has lies just like they do. except she's playing them all and she's been sent to destroy.