Just Cherry

Music To Watch Boys To

Guys. I'm 99.74% sure she's saying "with Ribbons on ice". I can't hear a "b" or an "L"...

Also, what do you guys think of the "soft grunge" line. I know "soft grunge" is (apparently) from tumblr, but I was under the impression that it was more a fashion thing than an actual music thing... Does anyone have any insights about that or why she mentioned it?

"Atheism is not a religion. I know that because I am an atheist and my religion is Lana Del Rey!"

I don't mind the soft grunge line. I found it to be corny at first, but somehow it grew on me. I guess because there is such debate as to which genre her music belongs to. She's too pop to be rock and too alternative to be played on the radio. Although campy, her made-up genres are somewhat interesting ( Narco Swing is my favorite along with Hollywood Sadcore)

Guys. I'm 99.74% sure she's saying "with Ribbons on ice". I can't hear a "b" or an "L"...

On the contrary, I distinctly hear a "T" at the end of the last word, thus 'Where ribbons are knots' would be correct

the word isn't 'ice' idk why you guys are hearing that

ZmJh1LG.jpg

On the contrary, I distinctly hear a "T" at the end of the last word, thus 'Where ribbons are knots' would be correct

the word isn't 'ice' idk why you guys are hearing that

:oprah2: what :oprah2:

image.png

if you're joking lol

if you're not

33177494da57a79b3cdaf0674adfa7ee.gif

:oprah2: what :oprah2:

...wtf...? 

Yeah because "we're Ribbons on ice" makes so much more sense? :uh:

PLEASE listen to the song carefully, you can clearly hear a 'TSS' sound at the end of the word, it doesn't even sound like 'ice' Lord

@@ilovetati thank God someone's with me :biblio:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Yeah because "we're Ribbons on ice" makes so much more sense? :uh:

PLEASE listen to the song carefully, you can clearly hear a 'TSS' sound at the end of the word, it doesn't even sound like 'ice' Lord

@@ilovetati thank God someone's with me :biblio:

she's probably just pronouncing "ice" differently because everything else ends with "lot" and "want" sounding things... you can definitely heard "we're" as in we are .. we are ribbons are knots doesn't make any sense at all...

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

she's probably just pronouncing "ice" differently because everything else ends with "lot" and "want" sounding things... you can definitely heard "we're" as in we are .. we are ribbons are knots doesn't make any sense at all...

So you're saying the word is 'ice' yet she pronounces it completely wrong so it rhymes with 'want' :usrsney:

A bit of a reach, don't you think?

ZmJh1LG.jpg

So you're saying the word is 'ice' yet she pronounces it completely wrong so it rhymes with 'want' :usrsney:

A bit of a reach, don't you think?

no.. I'm saying she's lana and she pronounces shit weird all the time.. 

she says ice .. if you sing ice really long you can hear how it kinda sounds like it ends with ts too ..omg

there is just no way she's saying "we are ribbons are knots" ... thats not a thing  :lmao:

no.. I'm saying she's lana and she pronounces shit weird all the time.. 

she says ice .. if you sing ice really long you can hear how it kinda sounds like it ends with ts too ..omg

there is just no way she's saying "we are ribbons are knots" ... thats not a thing  :lmao:

I'm saying it's "where ribbons are knots". Besides "we're ribbons on ice" makes no sense either lol

I mean in that case she'd be basically saying they're cans of beer? what

The word has no 'i' it cannot be ice lol

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I'm saying it's "where ribbons are knots". Besides "we're ribbons on ice" makes no sense either lol

I mean in that case she'd be basically saying they're cans of beer? what

The word has no 'i' it cannot be ice lol

she's just pronouncing the I part weirdly tbh.. kinda nasally.. i can make it sound like that too while still consciously saying "ice" 

"we're ribbons on ice" makes more sense considering she's used that similar lyric before plus there is also a thing called ice ribbons.. which someone brought up earlier in the thread i believe.. 

not trying to be rude. if you want to say its "where ribbons are knots" go ahead.. but that doesn't make any sense either so.