Subversive

Music to Watch Boys To: Official Music Video

i doubt lana really put this much thought into it but i think maybe the underwater girls could represent being part of another female specific ~dimension~ separate from the men of the world, which falls in line with ... 'i know what only the girls know' 

or how the male gaze is directed at women, like people gazing at fish in an aquarium? i don't know how her sitting in a separate room looking through the glass plays into it all; maybe its suggestive of the fact she's trying to reverse the gaze. or that maybe she isn't even human herself 

:godlaugh:

ZRBNill.jpg

I really really love it. It's one of Lana's strongest and most memorable videos since Tropico.

The way she used color was very interesting.The B&W scenes empazied the gorgeous colours in siren-esque cult underwater scenes so much.

There is not alot of plot but Lana's perfection and her playful nature throughout the video makes up for it in spades. It's really refreshing and reminds me of her Lizzy Grant days. In fact the video feels like a highly produced version of some of aka videos especially Brite Lites...

I have no grudge against the video tbh but if I were to nitpick I'd say the pink flamingo scene went on to long. She could've added some of those tacky pink flamingo statues in the scenes were she was in the sun lounge.

All in all tho a great video tbh

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

i know i'm in the minority, but i'm sooooo glad it wasn't all about muscle-y half-naked dudes! bless you, lana!

one of her most visually stunning videos in a long time. sure, i would have preferred color too, but i loved it anyway. just gorgeous. how happy it made me to see lana smile like that...

let me be who i'm meant to be

I liked how every time she sang "sent to destroy" they showed some kind of flower I think it's supposed to represent her vagina and how she uses it to destroy men ;) Also the way the last shot of the video was of one of the water nymph's crotch. 

I liked how every time she sang "sent to destroy" they showed some kind of flower I think it's supposed to represent her vagina and how she uses it to destroy men ;) Also the way the last shot of the video was of one of the water nymph's crotch. 

ok so i love this interpretation 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I feel glad watching this video, it looks like what Lizzy Grant would have released if she had the possibility to do it. I am happy that she finally can make her dreams and visions come true.

It is actually more a song about girls than boys, it's the This Is What Makes Us Girls 2.0. 

Lana depicts herself as an almost non-human beautiful creature, it gives me also Maha Maha teas. She puts on her music when watching the boys to lure them in just like a siren. It's an ode to carnal enjoyment and appreciation of the human body beauty. Do you remember the poem she read during Tropico about how the body is beautiful but is also the soul?

Darlin' little queens do you know what you're worth?

I'll tell you everyday till you get it, girl
It's all gonna happen

SCARFACE2371.png

I love when she's touching herself

Lel

Yes! When she was rubbing her legs and then just innocently looks up to the camera  :defeated:

I'm going to use that trick when I wanna seduce a hot guy  :hooker:

tumblr_mgg7niY79H1qggpkco1_500.gif