Sign in to follow this  
Lad

Salvatore

Pretty cool right?

12472312_1018217228253660_38734763462017

Omg I just read it's yours @@annedauphine really good job, I saw it on facebook, on this brazilian LDR group I'm in called Lana Del Rey Addiction, it has 191 impresions as in of now. Anyways, the cover it's amazing

EDIT: The group has like, more than 47.000 members and Rob is a member too :)))

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Pretty cool right?

12472312_1018217228253660_38734763462017

Omg I just read it's yours @@annedauphine really good job, I saw it on facebook, on this brazilian LDR group I'm in called Lana Del Rey Addiction, it has 191 impresions as in of now. Anyways, the cover it's amazing

EDIT: The group has like, more than 47.000 members and Rob is a member too :)))

OMG LOL this makes me happy thank you!! Actually this is an old version and I remade it, this one's fonts are bad and it's spelt Mendes instead of Menzies but at least it's tagged! Please do you have a link to the post? I'd like to thank them and link my blog!

Here it's only slightly different but at least it's spelt correctly

tumblr_o5gwfdUK5o1u1j9jfo1_1280.png

ZKcaooE.png

@@annedauphine  that is really cool.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This song deserves to be a Lana classic, it's so good and the lyrics are masterpiece level.

I NEED to hear melancholia

Yeah, hope she plays on the new shows but I know she won't since they're festivals

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

All the lights in Miami begin to gleam
Ruby, Blue and green, neon too
Everything looks better from above, my king,
like aquamarine, ocean's blue

Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Cacciatore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Limousines
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ciao amore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Soft ice cream

All the lights are sparkling for you, it seems,
on the downtown scenes, shady blue
Beatboxing and rapping in the summer rain
like a boss you sang jazz and blues

Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Cacciatore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Limousines
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ciao amore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Soft ice cream

The summer's warm and I've been
waiting for you all this time
I adore you - can't you
see you're meant for me

The summer's hot but I've been
cold without you
I was so wrong not to tell
Your medicine
Tangerine dreams

Catch me if you can,
working on my tan,
Salvatore.
Dying by the hand
of a foreign man
happily
Calling out my name
in the summer rain
Ciao Amore
Salvatore can wait
Now it's time to eat
soft ice cream

Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Cacciatore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Limousines
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ciao amore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Soft ice cream

Y'all, Lana uses the melody of an old Italian instrumental for this song... I need it but I can't find it... help.

I'm sorry can't help you but I do think I can hear it slightly in Hollywood's Dead it's ever so quiet though and it could be anyone laughing. The laugh could be pitched or be a different laugh all together

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

omg :lmao: I bet it's a song by Pagliacci but I need to know which one! And :rip: at the George Michael song, it really does sound like Salvatore's bridge lmao.

Yeah, phonetically I definitely hear something like "meta-gene" as well. But I'm not yet convinced it's Medellín. People on genius.com are saying it's pronounced "med-a-zsheen" or "med-a-jean", or at least that that's the way most English speakers pronounce it. But so far I'm not seeing that that's the case. It seems like people pronounce it more like "med-a-yeen". See this Narcos trailer at about 1:00, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7elNhHwgBU

Or this video:

I mean, the Medellín cartel certainly makes sense as something she'd reference (her @@drugmoney and @columbiancartel Twitter accounts say hi) so maybe she's just majorly mispronouncing it. But it's also worth noting there are no other explicit drug references in the song (or "Backfire", the other song that mentions "Salvatore").

OK, now I'm convinced the lyric is "Medellín". I was watching this 60 Minutes piece (insert obligatory oldster joke here) where Lesley Stahl says people in "Medellín" pronounce it "med-a-zsheen".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Y'all, Lana uses the melody of an old Italian instrumental for this song... I need it but I can't find it... help.

it was always reminding me of the godfather theme lol

nsaalk.jpg

Confirmed by Lana herself in a DM to @@Eclipse 

Calciatore

The summer's hot, but i've been cold without you

I was wrong not to doubt your medellin tangerine dreams

https://twitter.com/ultrasubversive/status/812925480450060288

https://twitter.com/ultrasubversive/status/812925499831894016

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Calciatore

wow, football queen

The summer's hot, but i've been cold without you

I was wrong not to doubt your medellin tangerine dreams

Ok? and Medellin stands as an alusion to cocaine, she was wrong by not doubting the quality of his cocaine?

This lyrics make no sense at all, the fuck? The narrative in this song... lmao

I asked Eclipse and he said:

"It's not quantum physics she's basically with this dude who's making $$$ doing drug business, taking her to football games with limousines and eating soft ice cream and she never doubts his drugs or his 'tangerine dreams' but in the end he probably dies or goes to jail and she misses him"

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I asked Eclipse and he said:

"It's not quantum physics she's basically with this dude who's making $$$ doing drug business, taking her to football games with limousines and eating soft ice cream and she never doubts his drugs or his 'tangerine dreams' but in the end he probably dies or goes to jail and she misses him"

I know, I figured it too but like, those are still one the most random lyrics Lana has done girl