Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

God Knows I Tried

Thank you so much! Could you please post the link to the Spiegel interview again? This one doesn't work for me. It doesn't need to be a translation either, I speak German :)

I would love to hear / read more about this! Please feel free to show me these interviews :)

To me, these kind of opulent, yet naive Catholic phrases and imagery she uses in her songs always appealed strongly to me, I love Lana especially for that! And I am an Atheist :D

No worries babe, my pleasure! Unfortunately it's the only link I have BUT I checked it no later than yesterday and it was perfectly working so I hope it's just a temporary bug. I'm sending you both my masterposts by PM, I have an audio and a video ones :) I agree, and personally it's one of the things I love the most because I'm super Catholic and I extremely relate and I use religion constantly in my work as I'm an art student.

ZKcaooE.png

No worries babe, my pleasure! Unfortunately it's the only link I have BUT I checked it no later than yesterday and it was perfectly working so I hope it's just a temporary bug. I'm sending you both my masterposts by PM, I have an audio and a video ones :) I agree, and personally it's one of the things I love the most because I'm super Catholic and I extremely relate and I use religion constantly in my work as I'm an art student.

I found the interview! It's Kulturspiegel.

Very interesting, I'll PM in a minute!

Yes!

"Yellow lies" as in "yellow journalism" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

This being the "they" who destroy her

"On Monday they destroyed me, but by Friday I'm revived" as the follow up line pretty much confirmed it for me so I wondered why nobody else thought so for this long. Way better lyric than "lights" imo too

Yes!

"Yellow lies" as in "yellow journalism" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

This being the "they" who destroy her

this would actually make perfect sense in the song. i've never heard of yellow journalism, would have never thought of it!

also this song just makes me sad for Lana.

~INSTA1.gif

I think it's funny how we dismiss these type of songs, the ones in which Lana admits she clearly isn't happy around fame, we never really discuss them, I wonder if that's because we blind ourselves when we hear them on the album and just decide to go straight up to the bops or more interesting juicy tracks... I really want to listen to Lust For Life carefully when it comes out and try to see if I can get what she's trying to say.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning
To red, blue and yellow lights
On Monday they destroyed me
But by Friday I'm revived
Put on that hotel California
Wear my blinders in the rain
I've got nothing much to live for
Ever since I found my fame

ea136d27675b67925b325bff477a7dbb.500x281

I always wanted someone to make a fan made video for God Knows I Tried with just pure paparazzi videos of Lana, and candid pics, just to get this track to a whole another impactful level you know? Show all the privacy invation and all that. (You could probably add the stalkers mess from 2015 too) Imagine that... A video!

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I think it's funny how we dismiss these type of songs, the ones in which Lana admits she clearly isn't happy around fame, we never really discuss them, I wonder if that's because we blind ourselves when we hear them on the album and just decide to go straight up to the bops or more interesting juicy tracks... I really want to listen to Lust For Life carefully when it comes out and try to see if I can get what she's trying to say.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning
To red, blue and yellow lights
On Monday they destroyed me
But by Friday I'm revived
Put on that hotel California
Wear my blinders in the rain
I've got nothing much to live for
Ever since I found my fame

ea136d27675b67925b325bff477a7dbb.500x281

I always wanted someone to make a fan made video for God Knows I Tried with just pure paparazzi videos of Lana, and candid pics, just to get this track to a whole another impactful level you know? Show all the privacy invation and all that. (You could probably add the stalkers mess from 2015 too) Imagine that... A video!

that's actually a really beautiful and brilliant concept :)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I've always thought the line "I've got nothing much to live for ever since I found my fame" and pretty much the whole song was about depression and a feeling of solitude and oppression in general

Today I've come to the conclusion it's more of an ode to everything she achieved and the fact that there's nothing more to discover in life - as if she achieved her dreams of becoming famous and she isn't inspired anymore bc of achieving everything she ever wanted so that there's no feeling of purpose in her life anymore

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I’m falling in love with Honeymoon again and one of the main reasons is this song, for sure. I can’t explain it. I needed to listen to it without even knowing it. 
Oh Lana, you gave birth to a timeless masterpiece. :worship:

B01C43A7296444A39131F71DB.jpeg&type=jpeg

My dog and I were strolling trough my favourite park, by the river, this morning, and God Knows I Tried started playing… and the scenery fitted the song perfectly, with its pastel colours, the fog on the river, the sunrise… truly magical. 
https://imgur.com/gallery/gUOfXdh 

SOMETIMES I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING

TO RED BLUE AND YELLOW SKIES

ON MONDAY THEY DESTROYED ME

BUT BY FRIDAY I'M REVIVED

PUT ON THAT HOTEL CALIFORNIA

WEAR MY BLINDERS IN THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screaming-bird-alarm-clock.gif

url%5D