annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I think this album is taking its place as my absolute favourite from her once again! 

I think this one in particular does an amazing job of capturing what there is to love about BTD, Paradise, and UV, and actually foretells the levels of self-introspection, grace, and maturity that would follow in LFL, NFR, COTCC, and now BB. That timelessness narrative from Burnt Norton seems to be taking on a new meaning within the record now that we are almost 6 years down the line from it - Honeymoon as an album really summed up everything that Lana set out to do as an artist and remains transcendent of all timelines. 

And not to mention, the album really does sound like the French Riviera in the 60s and brings on so many themes that are intelligent and indulgent, all at once. Truly a perfect record that I think stands the test of time and is an underrated gem in her discography <3

On 7/14/2021 at 6:23 PM, Volta said:

The title track was uploaded to YouTube SIX YEARS AGO today. I cannot believe it's been six years! We love you, Honeymoon! :wub::rollin:

I’ll never forget when she gave out the lyrics during the Endless Summer tour, and then created the iconic honeymoon Instagram page :wub: 

I know it’s hard to tell with her, but the level of interest she had during this era was completely unmatched. I didn’t appreciated honeymoon when it came out (I never wanted her to stray from the sound she created with UV) but the narrative and sound of this record is completely unmatched. She definitely experimented the most with this record and it will forever be one of my favorites from her. 

It was a quick rollout, there was so much going on (promo singles, UO listening party, incredible incredible incredible visuals). Plus it has one of her all time best songs (The Blackest Day)

My only complaint is Freak Like Me was changed to just Freak. The demo would have been a perfect bridge between UV and HM (plus the demo’s ‘marry me marry me’ bride is far superior, imo)

"Don’t forget me"

I still remember when she first started teasing the title track on her IG: I was on a trip to California, UV was my soundtrack, and one evening, while getting back to the hotel for the night, I saw her post, with the chorus, the tigers, the hypnotizing strings :flutter:

the title track is synonymous to mysterious hot summer nights still to that day. And the rollout for this album was THE most perfect one she has ever done. 

Here's my rough current ranking

Key

Top God tier trinity

Honourable Mention trinity

Center-average tier

Good songs I don't always vibe with tier

Songs that I'm ok with forgetting tier

1. God Knows I Tried
  2. The Blackest Day
  3. Religion
  4. Terrance Loves You
  5. 24
  6. Swan Song
  7. High by the Beach
  8. Freak
  9. Art Deco
  10. Honeymoon
  11. Music to Watch Boys to
  12. Salvatore
  13. Don't Let Me be Misunderstood
  14. Burnt Norton

I don't know why but recently I listen a lot to Honeymoon,  literally every day ( sometimes twice a day):oprah: This album aged like fine wine , I can't even put in words how much I love this album :krylie: 

So thankful that this album exists,  it's truly one of the best :lange: 

Also watched the music videos & the sampler as well today & I love the visuals & aesthetics a lot. High By The Beach video is such a serve, almost feels like a movie if that makes sense( and I love her hair in it a lot lol ) & also the underwater scenes with the girls (& FJM)  :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Also Swan Song is so underrated. It's such a beautiful & tragic song.  I think Swan Song is also about  suicide bc there is a legend that says that swans sing one last song before they die .  Lana also sings : "With just one wave it goes away" & in the outro you can hear ocean/ wave noises. It almost sounds like  Lana wants to drown herself in the ocean,  in a lake or in a river & before that she wants to sing one last song, her Swan Song :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I want to marry this album:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

happy birthday to her magnum opus, the best album of the 2010s, something that redefined genres, changed the course of music history, shot lana into super stardom and landed her amongst the greatest of all time. i love you honeymoon :worship:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Happy Birthday to this amazing body of work:wub::party:  I can't believe Honeymoon is 6 years old now (it also made me realize I'm a Lana  for 6 years now too, it's crazy how fast the time flies by)

Honeymoon is art, a timeless classic, a masterpiece,  stunning,  beautiful,  her best album :wowcry: 

Go & stream it today,  it's what she deserves:oprah3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg