annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I really love the cinematic feeling of this album but sometimes I wonder, how would it be like if she kept the old sound which was like a continuation of Ultraviolence. We can clearly hear it at early demos and also live performances:

Spoiler

Below is fanmade but:

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I’ll never forget where I was when I heard Terrence Loves You for the first time — I was staying at one of those lonely hotel inns for the night in the stretch between the city and the sea during a road trip along the west coast. It was the perfect setting to take in such a thoughtful, contemplative song. That was a surreal moment, and one of my favourite memories of experiencing the music in real time.

I love the idea of beautifying your life and doing things that make it feel pretty — experiencing that song’s release the way I did was one of those instances where I felt like life romanticized itself on its own, and this entire record definitely encouraged me to create moments like that from then on. :flutter:

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love the idea of beautifying your life and doing things that make it feel pretty — experiencing that song’s release the way I did was one of those instances where I felt like life romanticized itself on its own, and this entire record definitely encouraged me to create moments like that from then on. :flutter:

I’ve been living by this a lot lately! Live your movie girl! :whitney:

I'll be honest the first time I listened through HM, I didn't care for it at all, good or bad. However, it quickly grew on me, and has been my favorite of her albums since 2016. It;s literary, poetic, extremely self indulgent, cyclical, and allegorical. It's called her Magnus Opus for a reason. It's everything that needs to be said about Lana Del Rey. All the other albums are merely window decorations to HM.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Honeymoon is put together so perfectly. Every song flows into the next and it tells this beautiful story that I don't think I'll ever get enough of. The soundscape is this jazzy, tranquil garden that makes you feel like you're floating. Everything about the Honeymoon era, from the music to the videos to the aesthetics to everything else, is a 10/10. I'm so glad this album is finally getting its flowers

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Honeymoon is put together so perfectly. Every song flows into the next and it tells this beautiful story that I don't think I'll ever get enough of. The soundscape is this jazzy, tranquil garden that makes you feel like you're floating. Everything about the Honeymoon era, from the music to the videos to the aesthetics to everything else, is a 10/10. I'm so glad this album is finally getting its flowers

The hate for it 6 years ago could very well have been my villain origin story. :illumilana2::lanahairflip3:

I fully agree with the discourse about romanticising your life, life truly imitates art :true:

The first time I listened to TLY I was visiting the South of France. I'll never forget looking over at these vast golden fields from my car's window while having this absolute otherworldly experience, Honeymoon can do that to you. I still picture that in my head whenever I listen to it, and I kind of relive those emotions all over again  :oprah3:

19 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

I fully agree with the discourse about romanticising your life, life truly imitates art :true:

The first time I listened to TLY I was visiting the South of France. I'll never forget looking over at these vast golden fields from my car's window while having this absolute otherworldly experience, Honeymoon can do that to you. I still picture that in my head whenever I listen to it, and I kind of relive those emotions all over again  :oprah3:

visiting france/italy/literally any beautiful location in this world while listening to honeymoon sounds like a complete dream :lange: :legend: :wub: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

15 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

visiting france/italy/literally any beautiful location in this world while listening to honeymoon sounds like a complete dream :lange: :legend: :wub: 

When I tell you I felt my soul leaving my body :defeated::wub:

I’ve been thinking about this record so much lately, and how its entire composition would be so important in the years to come. Lyrically, God Knows I Tried and Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood are, in a way, alternative responses of some of the tracks on Blue Banisters that address public relations. That sentiment is portrayed so implicitly but powerfully on Honeymoon. 

It’s truly her in album form and is very much a portrait that is diaristic as it is stylized. Forever my favourite <3

I have been thinking about how intelligent the Honeymoon cover + photoshoot is lately, and I just wanted to reshare something I wrote about it 4 years ago. This record is just so amazing and continues to amaze me –

On 12/10/2017 at 6:12 PM, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like Honeymoon was the record that really allowed Lana to be herself and was a platform through which she could communicate her internal struggle of the whole persona of Lana Del Rey versus Elizabeth Woolridge Grant. The lyrical parallels in some songs (HBTB and PMIAM from AKA) and themes from songs like GKIT and Swan Song really show this struggle I feel. 

The whole record deals with themes of escapism and voyeurism, feeling like you're being watched, and living out fantasies of your own downtime and freedom. The visuals for this era also convey this, what with the whole Starline tours bus - showing Lana, a star herself, literally surrounded in a world of stars, but the obvious factor is that these kinds of Hollywood tours are for the average person, which I think subtly but brilliantly shows the way in which Lana both objectively and personally views herself. 

I think out of all her discography, Honeymoon is THE record that she probably let the most go with; she really seemed like she was having a lot of fun with the whole process of creating it and the lyrics are more a tool for imagery rather than narrative, which paints a beautiful picture for the listener. It truly is a shame that it is so under-appreciated by her fanbase.

I think the main encompassing feeling and vibe throughout the record is Lana's interpretation of jazz and timelessness, and what the definition of timelessness is, sonically speaking. 

It's so soft and lush too. Someone else said it in another thread, and I completely agree with them - there are so many layers to it, you're definitely going to continue to discover different sounds and instruments the more you listen to the songs and even the instrumentals. 

I just love Honeymoon so much - it's my favourite Lana album. 

I haven't listened to the full Honeymoon album for a couple of weeks so I listened to it yesterday while lying in bed. I don't know what it did to me but it literally made me transcend. I felt like I was floating around like a feather & about to enter a different universe. It was such a peaceful,  warm & soft experience:flutter: It's amazing how  music can make you feel. I also cried during the title track because it's so beautiful & dreamy. This album truly is art :wub:   One of the best albums ever created:defeated::true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Lana needs to repress this record, it's actually ridiculous at this point- :popcorn:I remember when the pink UO NFR record was just sitting in the online store for fuckin EVER, I demand a RED repressing with the gatefold :welcome: < pretend this is a picket sign!!! Also God Knows I Tried has this encompassing production and is underrated, when the verses slowly echo off UGH #HONEYMOONISSUPREME