annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Happy 7th birthday, Honeymoon :kiss2: Proud to say I've seen the vision since the first time I heard it. This album is so timeless and one of the most beautifully put together albums I've ever listened to 

Love ya :heart:

imageproxy.jpg

Happy birthday, Honeymoon. You're my favorite album ever and I love you so much. It's still super fresh and it's completely ingrained in my mind forever. 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Has it really been seven years? Wow I really haven’t finished that two year degree I was starting when this released….

Anyway HM, you are that girl. The ingenue the mystique, the mystery of our faith. Our Magnus Opus. The late summer sun on the Italian riviera, the amber morning light in Los Angeles. Icon. Legend. LDR

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

happy birthday to my all time fav!!!!!!!! my loyal company on happy and sad days and nights :trisha:

I can't believe it's been 7 years! time flies and now it's my favorite album ever.

I still remember the anticipation I was feeling after having all of the singles and then the album sampler

sophisticated cinematic masterpiece. honeymoon is a whole trip to another dimension, I'm simply not on planet earth when I listen to it.

forever grateful for this vanity project, I'll die listening to this album ❥ 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Swan Song, Terrence Loves You, and God Knows I Tried on a single record? Too powerful. 

Happy birthday, Honeymoon :) totally in a league of its own

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Swan Song - the ultimate definition of timeless

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Happy birthday, Honeymoon!

you came out exactly when I needed you: it was the warmest / hottest fall ever, the light was so golden in the morning, perfect for my morning car rides to work.
little did I know that you’d become my security blanket, my only comfort, when I lost my mom in the three months following your release. You were and are still perfect to me. I may not go back to you as often as I used to but when the feeling’s right, you hit hard. 

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Swan Song - the ultimate definition of timeless

Swan Song was the last one from this album I fell in love with. But when it met what I was living, god did it hit hard!!!

Happy birthday to my favourite record, the beautiful Honeymoon. I can’t believe it is real - it truly exists independent of time and space, and for that reason, it is a rewarding body of work to listen to, whose layers I will continue to unravel over the years.

happy birthday to my favorite record of all time <3

i was only 17 years old when Lana released Honeymoon. And funnily enough, I was right in my Honeymoon phase of my first ever relationship.

Sometimes I still think about how I would take the train to see my ex-boyfriend, and during those 60 minutes it took me to get to Zurich, I'd have Honeymoon on repeat - first the song, later the entire album when it was released. 2015 was an unusually hot summer, so I associate the record with a breeding and sweltering heat.

HM was also the first album I have ever bought on vinyl (the red version!). I was so in love with the album photoshoot, I decided I need the huge ass booklet, so naturally, I also had to buy a record player to listen to the album.

In the end, Honeymoon was the album that turned me into a true stan. At the time I loved UV but didn't care all that much for BTD or Paradise, so this album was either going to make or break Lana for me. She delivered an immaculate album, and with that, my life truly changed, as cheesy as it sounds. I made many, many amazing friends at Lana's shows which I wouldn't have gone to otherwise. I travelled so many places in Europe I would have otherwise never gone to, and it ignited my passion of travelling as a whole.

So many beautiful memories were made during the Honeymoon era, and I look back fondly and with nostalgia on that time. Love you, Lanz

image.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

happy birthday to my favorite record of all time <3

i was only 17 years old when Lana released Honeymoon. And funnily enough, I was right in my Honeymoon phase of my first ever relationship.

Sometimes I still think about how I would take the train to see my ex-boyfriend, and during those 60 minutes it took me to get to Zurich, I'd have Honeymoon on repeat - first the song, later the entire album when it was released. 2015 was an unusually hot summer, so I associate the record with a breeding and sweltering heat.

HM was also the first album I have ever bought on vinyl (the red version!). I was so in love with the album photoshoot, I decided I need the huge ass booklet, so naturally, I also had to buy a record player to listen to the album.

In the end, Honeymoon was the album that turned me into a true stan. At the time I loved UV but didn't care all that much for BTD or Paradise, so this album was either going to make or break Lana for me. She delivered an immaculate album, and with that, my life truly changed, as cheesy as it sounds. I made many, many amazing friends at Lana's shows which I wouldn't have gone to otherwise. I travelled so many places in Europe I would have otherwise never gone to, and it ignited my passion of travelling as a whole.

So many beautiful memories were made during the Honeymoon era, and I look back fondly and with nostalgia on that time. Love you, Lanz

image.png

Love this and this photo Dominik, beautiful :oprah:

This is inspiring me to share my favourite anecdote on HM, shared it before I'm sure but - when I met Lana at Rough Trade, I made sure to write "ANNE-DAUPHINE" in huge with a Sharpie on my arm so that she wouldn't mess it up, and so obviously, I'm now the proud owner of the only Honeymoon CD in the world signed with "to Anne-Daphine" lol

2vL5HU7.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

Just now, annedauphine said:

Love this and this photo Dominik, beautiful :oprah:

This is inspiring me to share my favourite anecdote on HM, shared it before I'm sure but - when I met Lana at Rough Trade, I made sure to write "ANNE-DAUPHINE" in huge with a Sharpie on my arm so that she wouldn't mess it up, and so obviously, I'm now the proud owner of the only Honeymoon CD in the world signed with "to Anne-Daphine" lol

2vL5HU7.jpg

:crai: i love this, so cute

image.png

For real, I was listening to the Complete playlist on Spotify today, and I remembered how angry I was for missing the tracklist reveal on here cause I had no internet lol, and it was my first era since becoming a stan in December 2014 so I was particularly sad. And if many eras came afterwards, HM will forever be my first era and 2015 was the best and worst year of my life simultaneously and I'm so happy to have had the luck to experience it with HM as a soundtrack. When I first read the tracklist I had a solid hunch that Salvatore would be my fav and guess what Mimi 7y later it still is :D Thank you again Lana for a gorgeous piece of musical art

ZKcaooE.png

Also I'm an UV hoe through and through forever but I love how it obviously matters to Lana to the point that she only use the hm account on insta now :oprah: like this name and the album associated to it obviously mean a lot to her it's so sweet. Aaah I hope she comes on here today and see how much this album means to us

ZKcaooE.png

Happy 7th Birthday to Honeymoon. 

Geez, it's been 7 years, time really does fly. That was fun era with some of the promotions. My favorite was the honeymoon hotline. I called that number so many times lol. 

Also I remember that day it came out I went to target right away to buy the cd. 

It’s such a fever dream to me that I actually went to Urban Outfitters for the early release party thinking it’d be a party but they really just had the album playing on the speakers so my embarrassed ass had to stand by one of the store corners trying to properly hear the album while workers kept coming up asking if I needed any help and I had to say “no thank you just listening to a new album you’re playing” :deadbanana:

anyway, Religion is a top tier song

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

38 minutes ago, Formation said:

anyway, Religion is a top tier song

100%

I feel such a deep special connection with Religion.. it is my favorite song on the album and honestly my favorite Lana song ever :wipe:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺