annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Every single day I think about the fact that I'm stanning the most beautiful and sweetest person ever. I never thought my life would be so influenced from a 30 year old woman, but here we are. My mom always expresses her concern about the fact that everything I say is related to Lana somehow, but that's just it; I have so much shit going on in my life, and it really feels like she's the one thing that never fails to make me happy. I know I did not hesitate to express how bitter I was about the signing today (and don't worry, I still am!), but watching the videos and hearing the things she did for people literally brought tears to my eyes. She is truly an angel and she seems so happy right now which makes me feel overjoyed. I just love her  :flutter:

Lol I think we're all like this. Some days I love Lana more than my boyfriend and it worries me.

Every single day I think about the fact that I'm stanning the most beautiful and sweetest person ever. I never thought my life would be so influenced from a 30 year old woman, but here we are. My mom always expresses her concern about the fact that everything I say is related to Lana somehow, but that's just it; I have so much shit going on in my life, and it really feels like she's the one thing that never fails to make me happy. I know I did not hesitate to express how bitter I was about the signing today (and don't worry, I still am!), but watching the videos and hearing the things she did for people literally brought tears to my eyes. She is truly an angel and she seems so happy right now which makes me feel overjoyed. I just love her  :flutter:

I haven't discussed to my parents about Lana, and I can just about bet that they will be in shock after what I will tell them about me loving her that much etc. She enlightens my day whenever I see her in a photo/listen to one of her songs, it's just the way it is - I stopped listening to rap because of her, no clue why, but it doesn't get to me anymore. She's a delight and I'm glad I'm living in the right time to witness her true beauty, I will for sure tell my children about it, even though it might seem cringeworthy, it's just the way I feel.

obUZKpb.gif

Finally listened to the album for the first time last night! Thanks again @@Bree!
I bought it at Target earlier today and now I'm finishing my second listen.
Though Ultraviolence is still on top and is still amazing, this album's great and I think it's a great follow up. I love the production of Art Deco and the Ultraviolence sound of God Know I Tried. My only least favorite is 24 (sounds like a soundtrack song and I'm just not really interested).

also- was it confirmed that its a gapless album? Because it sounds like it is at least.

There are gaps between the first 4 songs. God Knows I Tried through Art Deco are all connected. Then there is a gap between that and Burnt Norton. Burnt Norton through Salvatore are connected. The last 4 tracks all have gaps.

meh, i'm getting the CD tomorrow but I have no CD player, car, or CD input in my laptop. Takes away the fun :[ 

i heard rumors someone you know has a car :O

maybe you should bring your cd to that person

Sure, but it will take too long :[

it doesnt need to ;)

also my top 5 from this album:

1. The Blackest Day

2. High By The Beach

3. Salvatore

4. Music To Watch Boys To

5. Freak (or Art Deco)

"I will never sing again

And you won't work another day"

The chord change and her voice here is possibly my favourite moment on this incredible album. 'Timeless' and 'cinematic' are cliches at this point, but that's exactly what Swan Song is.

There are gaps between the first 4 songs. God Knows I Tried through Art Deco are all connected. Then there is a gap between that and Burnt Norton. Burnt Norton through Salvatore are connected. The last 4 tracks all have gaps.

The transition between Art Deco and Burnt Norton is very smooth aswell

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

headeranother.jpg

Well, last night I had a listening party with @@320kbps and @@analwinterofmylife and it was one of the best nights of the year. Today, I woke up a bit early just to listen to it again, and again, and again. I heard it with my headphones, earphones, speakers. I enjoyed it alone, with my sister. On the computer, on the phone. Walking, in my bed. I think I had it on repeat all day. I haven't heard any pre-order single because I wanted it all to be a surprise. And it was.

I think "Honeymoon" truly is one of Lana's most sensual tracks. The simple and gentle guitar, the creepy strings, the beautiful harmonies, the swaying melody. Also, it's vocally genius. I wish the lyrics were way better, but other than that, I don't really get the hate for it. Such an amazing album opener and it really kind of divides Lana's career in two - the sadness and helplessness of her previous records vs a new Lana. I love "Music to Watch Boys To" because it's absolutely smooth. The way her voice fast changes from high to low, the noir-ish beat (similar to Björk's "Jóga"), the unlistenable yet incredibly pleasurable chorus, basically everything about this song. It makes me want to drive super fast after a long and tiring day. It's also so sexy, the way she says "boy" during the bridge turns me on, to be honest.

With "Terrence Loves You", the album lowers its sexy vibe. I adore this song so much and it already gained a place in my heart, mostly because it reminds me of my ex best friend and it's kind of a mixture of things I love: beautiful vocals, meaningful lyrics, spacey atmosphere and production. It's really similar to the music I make, but less powerful and psychedelic. The bridge really hit me hard, especially the David reference part, it even brought me to tears. This is just too fucking emotional to me, and the gentle drums in the background make it even sadder and gloomier. She's really killing it with the melodies this era, and "God Knows I Tried" is no exception - the way she sings the pre-chorus ("Hotel California" part) is just so thrilling. Since Ultraviolence, reverb is Lana's best friend and that's pretty clear in this song, especially in the outro, it is almost psychedelic. This sounds like a less acoustic/traditional Leonard Cohen, I love it.

The mood of the record really changes when "God Knows I Tried" transitions into "High By the Beach" - it's still my jam and the bass during the chorus is slut-drop-worthy haha. "Freak" is probably Lana's hottest song ever, and I thought "Cola" was insuperable. There's too much going on in this song... the little trap beats, the "mmhmm"'s everywhere, the lush production, the sudden guitar in the bridge... however, Lana, Rick and Kieron really managed to make it sound amazing instead of a noisy mess. It's genius. But I don't think it's better than this next song... "Art Deco". Even if the lyrics are quite bad, you just can't ignore the sweeping, chillout production. It truly sounds like a less-experimental FKA twigs (especially "Pendulum"). This one was a total surprise: from the beautiful intro to the electronic outro. Now that I think of what I said about the less-experimental twigs, this is very "Experimental Lana", you know, a sax in the bridge, the weird yet amazing beat, strings in the chorus, the chaotic last part. I love it. Even though it's only about 1 minute long, "Burnt Norton" makes me feel at huge leisure. Her voice is so relaxing and the instrumental is out of this world, I never thought I'd hear her voice over something like that.

The slow songs are back. I didn't love "Religion" at first but now I really like it, I don't feel like, you know, skipping it or something. I enjoy it a lot, actually. It kinda reminds me of Madonna, she has lots of songs like this one. I love what they did with the drums, specifically during the bridge and the outro. The "I need your love" parts are hugely haunting. I feel like this song expresses another version of "fucking crazy Lana", I don't know how to explain it. This time she's not desperate or bleak singing about sick relationships... this time it's different. This time is very chilled out and has a "let-me-be", "get-over-it" vibe.

I've been waiting so much for "Salvatore", mostly because you guys were hyping it a lot. And yes, it ended up being a career-defining song. This needs so, so, so much attention. I just can't believe Lana, LANA DEL FUCKING REY made a song like this. Honeymoon is ambitious and I freaking love it. The lyrics are short and simple, but it doesn't really matter because the melody is top notch and just the overall feel of the song is out of this world (or out of this country :creep: ). Ciao to my oxygen, to be honest. Fucking breathtaking. Okay now, the rest of the album turns into bullshit when compared to this next one...

..."The Blackest Day" needs all the praise it could possibly receive. It fucking needs it all. The awards, the praise, the love, the single treatment, a video, an incredible performance, a Diamond certification, everyfuckingthing. This song just makes me feel empty because I don't feel WORTHY. My ears do not deserve this kind of sonic paradise. If I thought "Cruel World" was chaotic, then there's a fucking war going on in my ears. Her voice in the chorus is just so sexy and "I'm a hot milf and my man is not here anymore". The post-chorus or whatever its name was it's incredibly epic and let's not even talk about the album's "magnum opus" (and the magnum opus of her overall career): the BRIDGE. It's just so noisy, maddening, sexy, breathtaking, psychedelic, spacey. And then... the chorus variation. Lana has never sounded this creative and ambitious. I'm not kidding.

For some reason, when I saw the tracklist I thought "24" was going to be a filler, but oh wow I was so mistaken. It's a masterpiece. She just doesn't stop singing and that makes is even more amazing and crazy... it reminds me of "God Knows I Tried" in the sense that it grows into something really, really special. That last part is the reason I'm still alive, y'all. And I won't even mention certain film because it's already a cliché comparison. The lyrics are really good as well, I love the "if you lay down with dogs..." lines. She sounds so inspired. "Swan Song" was a huge and sad disappointment and I feel like I'll skip it for the rest of my life. The intro/overall production is real nice though. The already underrated track "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (my most anticipated song) is epic. I think it would be even more epic if it had like a huge last chorus with big drums and all. But it's still super, super good, I love it. The lyrics are so Lana, they fit perfectly with this phase of her life/career.

This obviously isn't meant to sound professional since I was just writing what I thought right in the moment. I was listening to the album so this took me 1+ hour. I feel like Lana has never sounded so inspired, proud, happy, frank, creative - and most of all - AMBITIOUS like on this record. I also feel like this is the first time she had a clear idea for the concept and overall music/genre. On Born to Die, she sounded innovative and fresh but she already said that she dislikes some of the final cuts. She said that Dan A brought the fire back into her life with Ultraviolence's production and mixing, but confessed that she felt uninspired and she kind of "threw ideas on the table" and.. voilà! Ultraviolence. This time she knew how she wanted her voice to sound, how noirish it was all going to be, how hard the beats were going to be... she knew everything. She has a clear idea and that's noticeable in every track.

This is her most diverse record as well. But they knew how to make it sound completely cohesive... they knew how to hold the overall feel, something BTD and UV kind of lack (BTD's tracklist is a total mess, and UV is all good but "Fucked My Way Up to the Top" ruins it all imo). Imagine if "Burnt Norton" didn't exist - the transition from "Art Deco" to "Religion" would sound weird and they knew how to make it feel pleasurable and coherent. The gapless idea helps to keep the vibe too, especially "Salvatore" => "The Blackest Day", "God Knows I Tried" => "High By the Beach". This is definitely my second favorite Lana album, I can't believe it topped Self Titled. I feel bad for those who think she will never top Born to Die... opinions are magical and good, but facts are facts. Thank you Lana for feeling proud of your work, you're obsessed with icons and you probably don't even know you yourself are one.

Honeymoon is an electronically-made heavenly soundscape.

Favorite things: production, overall vibe, vocals.

Least favorite thing: "Swan Song".

headeranother.jpg

Well, last night I had a listening party with @@320kbps and @@analwinterofmylife and it was one of the best nights of the year. Today, I woke up a bit early just to listen to it again, and again, and again. I heard it with my headphones, earphones, speakers. I enjoyed it alone, with my sister. On the computer, on the phone. Walking, in my bed. I think I had it on repeat all day. I haven't heard any pre-order single because I wanted it all to be a surprise. And it was.

I think "Honeymoon" truly is one of Lana's most sensual tracks. The simple and gentle guitar, the creepy strings, the beautiful harmonies, the swaying melody. Also, it's vocally genius. I wish the lyrics were way better, but other than that, I don't really get the hate for it. Such an amazing album opener and it really kind of divides Lana's career in two - the sadness and helplessness of her previous records vs a new Lana. I love "Music to Watch Boys To" because it's absolutely smooth. The way her voice fast changes from high to low, the noir-ish beat (similar to Björk's "Jóga"), the unlistenable yet incredibly pleasurable chorus, basically everything about this song. It makes me want to drive super fast after a long and tiring day. It's also so sexy, the way she says "boy" during the bridge turns me on, to be honest.

With "Terrence Loves You", the album lowers its sexy vibe. I adore this song so much and it already gained a place in my heart, mostly because it reminds me of my ex best friend and it's kind of a mixture of things I love: beautiful vocals, meaningful lyrics, spacey atmosphere and production. It's really similar to the music I make, but less powerful and psychedelic. The bridge really hit me hard, especially the David reference part, it even brought me to tears. This is just too fucking emotional to me, and the gentle drums in the background make it even sadder and gloomier. She's really killing it with the melodies this era, and "God Knows I Tried" is no exception - the way she sings the pre-chorus ("Hotel California" part) is just so thrilling. Since Ultraviolence, reverb is Lana's best friend and that's pretty clear in this song, especially in the outro, it is almost psychedelic. This sounds like a less acoustic/traditional Leonard Cohen, I love it.

The mood of the record really changes when "God Knows I Tried" transitions into "High By the Beach" - it's still my jam and the bass during the chorus is slut-drop-worthy haha. "Freak" is probably Lana's hottest song ever, and I thought "Cola" was insuperable. There's too much going on in this song... the little trap beats, the "mmhmm"'s everywhere, the lush production, the sudden guitar in the bridge... however, Lana, Rick and Kieron really managed to make it sound amazing instead of a noisy mess. It's genius. But I don't think it's better than this next song... "Art Deco". Even if the lyrics are quite bad, you just can't ignore the sweeping, chillout production. It truly sounds like a less-experimental FKA twigs (especially "Pendulum"). This one was a total surprise: from the beautiful intro to the electronic outro. Now that I think of what I said about the less-experimental twigs, this is very "Experimental Lana", you know, a sax in the bridge, the weird yet amazing beat, strings in the chorus, the chaotic last part. I love it. Even though it's only about 1 minute long, "Burnt Norton" makes me feel at huge leisure. Her voice is so relaxing and the instrumental is out of this world, I never thought I'd hear her voice over something like that.

The slow songs are back. I didn't love "Religion" at first but now I really like it, I don't feel like, you know, skipping it or something. I enjoy it a lot, actually. It kinda reminds me of Madonna, she has lots of songs like this one. I love what they did with the drums, specifically during the bridge and the outro. The "I need your love" parts are hugely haunting. I feel like this song expresses another version of "fucking crazy Lana", I don't know how to explain it. This time she's not desperate or bleak singing about sick relationships... this time it's different. This time is very chilled out and has a "let-me-be", "get-over-it" vibe.

I've been waiting so much for "Salvatore", mostly because you guys were hyping it a lot. And yes, it ended up being a career-defining song. This needs so, so, so much attention. I just can't believe Lana, LANA DEL FUCKING REY made a song like this. Honeymoon is ambitious and I freaking love it. The lyrics are short and simple, but it doesn't really matter because the melody is top notch and just the overall feel of the song is out of this world (or out of this country :creep: ). Ciao to my oxygen, to be honest. Fucking breathtaking. Okay now, the rest of the album turns into bullshit when compared to this next one...

..."The Blackest Day" needs all the praise it could possibly receive. It fucking needs it all. The awards, the praise, the love, the single treatment, a video, an incredible performance, a Diamond certification, everyfuckingthing. This song just makes me feel empty because I don't feel WORTHY. My ears do not deserve this kind of sonic paradise. If I thought "Cruel World" was chaotic, then there's a fucking war going on in my ears. Her voice in the chorus is just so sexy and "I'm a hot milf and my man is not here anymore". The post-chorus or whatever its name was it's incredibly epic and let's not even talk about the album's "magnum opus" (and the magnum opus of her overall career): the BRIDGE. It's just so noisy, maddening, sexy, breathtaking, psychedelic, spacey. And then... the chorus variation. Lana has never sounded this creative and ambitious. I'm not kidding.

For some reason, when I saw the tracklist I thought "24" was going to be a filler, but oh wow I was so mistaken. It's a masterpiece. She just doesn't stop singing and that makes is even more amazing and crazy... it reminds me of "God Knows I Tried" in the sense that it grows into something really, really special. That last part is the reason I'm still alive, y'all. And I won't even mention certain film because it's already a cliché comparison. The lyrics are really good as well, I love the "if you lay down with dogs..." lines. She sounds so inspired. "Swan Song" was a huge and sad disappointment and I feel like I'll skip it for the rest of my life. The intro/overall production is real nice though. The already underrated track "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (my most anticipated song) is epic. I think it would be even more epic if it had like a huge last chorus with big drums and all. But it's still super, super good, I love it. The lyrics are so Lana, they fit perfectly with this phase of her life/career.

This obviously isn't meant to sound professional since I was just writing what I thought right in the moment. I was listening to the album so this took me 1+ hour. I feel like Lana has never sounded so inspired, proud, happy, frank, creative - and most of all - AMBITIOUS like on this record. I also feel like this is the first time she had a clear idea for the concept and overall music/genre. On Born to Die, she sounded innovative and fresh but she already said that she dislikes some of the final cuts. She said that Dan A brought the fire back into her life with Ultraviolence's production and mixing, but confessed that she felt uninspired and she kind of "threw ideas on the table" and.. voilà! Ultraviolence. This time she knew how she wanted her voice to sound, how noirish it was all going to be, how hard the beats were going to be... she knew everything. She has a clear idea and that's noticeable in every track.

This is her most diverse record as well. But they knew how to make it sound completely cohesive... they knew how to hold the overall feel, something BTD and UV kind of lack (BTD's tracklist is a total mess, and UV is all good but "Fucked My Way Up to the Top" ruins it all imo). Imagine if "Burnt Norton" didn't exist - the transition from "Art Deco" to "Religion" would sound weird and they knew how to make it feel pleasurable and coherent. The gapless idea helps to keep the vibe too, especially "Salvatore" => "The Blackest Day", "God Knows I Tried" => "High By the Beach". This is definitely my second favorite Lana album, I can't believe it topped Self Titled. I feel bad for those who think she will never top Born to Die... opinions are magical and good, but facts are facts. Thank you Lana for feeling proud of your work, you're obsessed with icons and you probably don't even know you yourself are one.

Honeymoon is an electronically-made heavenly soundscape.

Favorite things: production, overall vibe, vocals.

Least favorite thing: "Swan Song".

635707154517880411664525706_G2op2u.gif

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

@@DrunkBeautyQueen

me all the time... I'm always like "i can't believe...im practically in love with a 30 yr old woman who I've never met" its weird ...thinking were literally one in a sea of faces that are almost constantly watching her... o.o

who is macmiller?

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo