annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I think I'll go to a Part of my City where I lived while UV came out. Just to re-feel the moments or at least to have new ones for HM. HM is so sad and uninspiring UV was so different. I hope it changes in the next 3 month

Mfhp.gif

Idk if it's off topic but :

http://www.telerama.fr/musique/lana-del-rey-en-roue-libre,131789.php

There was a paper about Lana on a website in my country today, mostly the usual ramble :"she's enigmatic, she's lazy, she croons dark pop songs" etc, but on the last section they evoked her conditions for interviews and :toofunny: she asks journalists to not listen to her record, the questions have to be asked only through emails and they must give her the cover and more things they don't detail :rip: I can't with the whole "I hate the press" thing when in fact she's such a diva

I think I'll go to a Part of my City where I lived while UV came out. Just to re-feel the moments or at least to have new ones for HM. HM is so sad and uninspiring UV was so different. I hope it changes in the next 3 month

cringing 

There was a paper about Lana on a website in my country today, mostly the usual ramble :"she's enigmatic, she's lazy, she croons dark pop songs" etc, but on the last section they evoked her conditions for interviews and :toofunny: she asks journalists to not listen to her record, the questions have to be asked only through emails and they must give her the cover and more things they don't detail :rip: I can't with the whole "I hate the press" thing when in fact she's such a diva

Lmfao at this article. I cannot for the life of me bear the way French journalists talk about her. Arrogant fuckers using pretty words to bash her. Always the same tired ass topics and quotes à la I wish I was dead already. Smfh. Respect her ffs. I need to wash my eyes and guts with bleach urgh. I'm sure she must be annoying for someone who's IN the press, but this just makes my skin violently erupt

ZKcaooE.png

whatre you doing here ???? do you not have a life that you just go to an artists forum and talk bad about that artist to troll people? are you that insecure?

A lot of artists do the whole only-questions-through-email thing. The latest cover story about Rihanna on Fader Magazine starts with the journalist saying how Rihanna only agreed to be part of the issue if the questions would be through email. I'm kind of surprised about her insisting they give her the cover, but at the same time not really. IMO Lana both loves and hates fame, and while she hates the paparazzi and being criticized, I think she loves doing glamorous photo shoots and loves having people talk about how mysterious she is.

149o3h3.jpg

Yeah, because legit criticism is trolling ...

??? theyre just accusing lana of being a bitch lmao and probably the best way to start a statement isn't "idk if this is off topic but" cause then that just sets an alarm in everyones mind that what they are gonna say is irrelevant or a troll comment. this isnt a thread to post interviews about lana being a diva. also calling lana a diva isnt the best thing to say on a LANA DEL REY FORUM

??? theyre just accusing lana of being a bitch lmao and probably the best way to start a statement isn't "idk if this is off topic but" cause then that just sets an alarm in everyones mind that what they are gonna say is irrelevant or a troll comment. this isnt a thread to post interviews about lana being a diva. also calling lana a diva isnt the best thing to say on a LANA DEL REY FORUM

Either way you can't read or you are super overprotective. She definitly IS a diva. That's not a bad thing and the reason for it may be the sh*t the press has given her, but still she behaves diva-esque towards certain people. Many female stars do this.

And pls, this is a Lana Del Rey forum, not a"appreciate everything Lana Del Rey does without questioning it" forum. If you are already so offended by someone talking about Lana's personality in a polite way, especially when it's connected to a recent interview, then I really don't want to see hoe you react when people here ACTUALLY trash Lana for something.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Nobody should be surprised that she is doing interviews over e-mail. There is a pre-BTD interview where the journalist just slams Lana's music and image and she clearly gets frustrated. Also - look at the Guardian interviewer. Lana invited him to her home and allegedly the writer had malicious intentions.

Either way, journalists haven't been particularly nice to Lana or even want to talk about her music. It's always some strange question, trying to call her out on a lie. The majority of interviews Lana participates in are misogynistic ramblings that a woman is too sad, too pretty, inauthentic. Not many "journalists" are actually intent on writing a solid story.

Maybe because she doesn't have fireworks shooting out of her tits :P

As for Lana's promo, yeah. It has sucked. The BBC radio was great. One time I saw a commercial on youtube! Great work, Interscope!

I'm not convinced that Interscope is very interested in LDR at this point. I'm wondering if the record company won't be funneling money into promo like BTD got because she only has one record left under them, or something. We'll never know, but this has happened to other female alt. artists

Well OK :rip:

Edit: for the e-mail thing they implied that they had to detail their questions by e-mail before meeting her IRL, not interview her through e-mail, which is just a usual thing I guess.

I do remember how she used to take the paper guys for a ride to the psychics with her and then to the beach... I guess since the UV mess she can't and don't want to do that anymore, they often just play around with her and then bring another contribution to this great game of theirs where they try to find the best one line jokes about top 40 artists. But it's just that the never ending conflict between her appetite for glamour, recognition etc and her lust for peace and respect for her artistry is tiring now. You can't randomly act like Rihanna when you're more like a poppier Fiona Apple idk.

As for Interscope not being that interested in HM well that's pretty clear, and it's not like there was much to promote about it when most people today can't stand a song that's longer than 3mn. And Lana isn't really out to promo the shit out of it either. She looks satisfied just to be doing her thing, and it's amazing to see her putting together little projets for the record, but that won't go beyond cute MVs or pictures on the HM account realistically. She's never crazy loca about doing anything after a record, apart from videos.

Either way you can't read or you are super overprotective. She definitly IS a diva. That's not a bad thing and the reason for it may be the sh*t the press has given her, but still she behaves diva-esque towards certain people. Many female stars do this.

And pls, this is a Lana Del Rey forum, not a"appreciate everything Lana Del Rey does without questioning it" forum. If you are already so offended by someone talking about Lana's personality in a polite way, especially when it's connected to a recent interview, then I really don't want to see hoe you react when people here ACTUALLY trash Lana for something.

i talk about how much i dislike Honeymoon all the time on this forum so i dont think its a "appreciate everything blah blah forum". also why would i be offended about someone calling another person ( i have never met ) a diva ? maybe its you whos offended since everytime you respond to my comments you sound self-righteous, angry, and bitter

i was just saying that the way they said their comment, it sounded like they were trolling, g e t  o v e r  i t

i talk about how much i dislike Honeymoon all the time on this forum so i dont think its a "appreciate everything blah blah forum". also why would i be offended about someone calling another person ( i have never met ) a diva ? maybe its you whos offended since everytime you respond to my comments you sound self-righteous, angry, and bitter

i was just saying that the way they said their comment, it sounded like they were trolling, g e t  o v e r  i t

Hahaha, I don't know if you're actually serious or if this is supposed to be a joke. It's funny either way, since the only one being angry here is you.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Hahaha, I don't know if you're actually serious or if this is supposed to be a joke. It's funny either way, since the only one being angry here is you.

what am i supposed to be angry about :crossed:  like i dont even know you  :air2: