annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Ooop the new Twigs song was co-written by Rick Nowels. Guess, we have to blame Lana completly for the shit this era.

Anyway, speaking of production, after listening to the Twigs song, I think she could produce a song for her. After listening to Bey's Formation I wouldn't mind Mike Will. He likes her anyway.

I pretty much listen to a lot of the album everyday. I'm surprised by the reception it gets here, I mean I know its a slow burner, but its a great album once it finally clicks with you. I would enjoy it if she went back to adding hip hop beats to her songs like on BTD and made some more upbeat songs like OTTR but Honeymoon is very consistent and has some great moments.

qsVmBMd.png

Ooop the new Twigs song was co-written by Rick Nowels. Guess, we have to blame Lana completly for the shit this era.

Anyway, speaking of production, after listening to the Twigs song, I think she could produce a song for her. After listening to Bey's Formation I wouldn't mind Mike Will. He likes her anyway.

What is shit on HM? I find her production quite good. I got tired of the Twigs sound pretty quickly.

And what would be the point of Lana being in the trends? To have a hit? What's the purpose to came out with a hit when you don't care about commercial success, you don't promote your material and you'll never perform it before the GP? She will go her route that is opposite to any commercially viable trend of du jour. I hope that she will collaborate with Auerbach type of musicians and I'm quite impressed with her stubbornness of developing a strong artistic identity and not trying (and failing) to play the popstar

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

What is shit on HM? I find her production quite good. I got tired of the Twigs sound pretty quickly.

And what would be the point of Lana being in the trends? To have a hit? What's the purpose to came out with a hit when you don't care about commercial success, you don't promote your material and you'll never perform it before the GP? She will go her route that is opposite to any commercially viable trend of du jour. I hope that she will collaborate with Auerbach type of musicians and I'm quite impressed with her stubbornness of developing a strong artistic identity and not trying (and failing) to play the popstar

Since when is Twigs making music for the charts? However, nobody can deny that she is way more skilled as a producer than Lana.

And dear, not following trends doesn't mean, your production is stellar.

I still adore the title track to pieces, makes me sad to see people see it as a disposable track. I just remember the first time I heard it in full, sitting in a crowded LAX terminal and it transported me...and that was the streaming quality one she posted haha. /csb I just love me some Honeymoon

I still adore the title track to pieces, makes me sad to see people see it as a disposable track. I just remember the first time I heard it in full, sitting in a crowded LAX terminal and it transported me...and that was the streaming quality one she posted haha. /csb I just love me some Honeymoon

Honeymoon is wonderful. I mean, that intro ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Its my favorite on the album. It glistens. I remember I was in the school parking lot and it was released. I almost drove home after listening to it so I could just marinate in the song all day.

Salvatore.

I get that italian feel from the beginning but when the sax plays I feel kinda lost because the mood of the song changes from sappy to jazzy happiness so... yeah that's that, I feel like you can sing salvatore above this tbh

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Throwback to when Lana surprise posted Honeymoon on her youtube channel :oprah:

I remember being on school and totally having a heart attack but like no one cared at all because they knew I was freaking out about Lana releasing Honeymoon and how we all had been waiting for like since february for her to give us a song :lange:

I really felt in another place, those strings oh my god, lana_sit_on_my_face.vine and that fucking bridge and the scatting at the end :lange: Lana just pulled my heart out of my chest at that moment TO BE FUCKING HONEST :defeated:

I just couldn't believe she made that kind of sound, to me, Honeymoon is game changing in production, like when did you guys expected Lana to go all italian vibe or make an almost spanish folclore sounding song like she did with 24? You like it or not, 24 is Lana's best diva song she has ever made or that we know of.  "be careful the ones you choose to leave"  :hair:  and that end, when the music stops after she pulls that high note on "you're hard to reach" and then she just says "you're cold to touch" AYYYYYYYYYYYYY  :oprah: and then she just scats again  :mariah: best song ending ever tbh

Or the first time I heard Art Deco through those awful rips from the OU listening party, I was so impressed  :crying5:  when did you expect Lana to pull those weird sounds that play at the begining? NEVAH! THAT WAS SO GUETTO OF HER  :kris:  :toofunny:

Anyways I'm going to keep fangirling on my own :toofunny:

Honeymoon's release<Good times<best thing to happen to the world since the first coming of Jesus 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif