annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I’m listening to The Blackest Day rn while typing this and, she really made this song, she did that, this is something they created. One of her best songs tbh, if not her best. (next to Shades of Cool)

It honestly is!!! It is her best song in my view. 

The way she sings it, accompanied by the instruments. Heavenly

Honeymoon is just so well produced, written and executed. It is clever and thoughtful on so many levels. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Honeymoon’s production is so underrated, like, I was just listening to the instrumentals and I was experiencing all kinds of stuff. It’s so haunting and dreamy at times. It’s her best album, next to Ultraviolence, they tie for me. The way the album tells a story and the cohesiveness of it all, everything about it is perfect.

qfrWuBl.png

Sometimes, I listen to TLY with my eyes closed, start to cry because of how much I feel the song, time stops for 5 minutes, and it brings back memories that I would never lose for anything. I'm not often getting on the emotional side, but I'm so thankful Lana released Honeymoon. This album means so much to me.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm looking back at this thread and it feels kind of melancholy. I can't help feeling that something has changed with Lana. Perhaps it's just because I'm getting older, but while Ultraviolence and Honeymoon literally changed my life, her recent music and Lust for Life is just... pretty good i guess. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I have my go to music for when I smoke weed but i decided to smoke to Lana and shuffle put on art deco... god I never pay attention to that one cuz I got obsessed for some weeks when it first came out and Lord I just remembered why I loved it so much on the first place... She's everything BRB gonna play Honeymoon full album

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

This album still holds up perfectly! ESPECIALLY MUSIC TO WATCH BOYS TO (which would have been an epic album title although I realize HM is the perfect title in that its a concept album and it fits the theme 100%

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Mark Ronson did an AMA in r/popheads, and talked about his session witht Lana in the early stages of HM.

Q: Hey Mark, so excited to have you here!

A while back in the Honeymoon era you worked with Lana Del Rey on some songs but apparently none of them were released. Would you want to work with Lana again in the future? I would love to hear what a Lana song would sound like with your style!

Thanks so much for doing this!

MR: we did an early version of Terrence Loves You which i still love. hopefully one day maybe

8nl2OpX.png

Mark Ronson did an AMA in r/popheads, and talked about his session witht Lana in the early stages of HM.

Q: Hey Mark, so excited to have you here!

A while back in the Honeymoon era you worked with Lana Del Rey on some songs but apparently none of them were released. Would you want to work with Lana again in the future? I would love to hear what a Lana song would sound like with your style!

Thanks so much for doing this!

MR: we did an early version of Terrence Loves You which i still love. hopefully one day maybe

that’s so interesting! i always assumed it was something for one of his projects. i wonder how it sounds and it’d be amazing to be able to hear one day.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A