annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

2 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

The Honeymoon Hotline now plays American and not California. I noticed it last night. Anybody know when it got changed?

Did someone used to answer it and speak to people?

I read this the other day and wondered why would she have been answering calls lol?

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_2065157457.jpg
Kirsten Stubbs

Senior Director, Digital Marketing, Interscope

From Zooms with Selena Gomez and Trevor Daniel to answering calls for Lana Del Rey’s Honeymoon hotline, Stubbs is at the intersection of stans and innovation in her gig. She’s been working with creators, influencers and the SpongeBob SquarePants team to lift Tainy x J Balvin’s “Agua” to nearly 3m creations at TikTok. Along with implementing strategy for Selena’s partnerships with HBO Max, Rare Beauty and PUMA, Kirsten is assisting Gomez with her Black-equality fund PLUS1 to drive awareness, raise money and inspire action on behalf of the Black community.

Happy birthday, Honeymoon! Too many things to say about this record (and if you scroll back a few years ago in this thread, you will see my essay-long posts analyzing this record :oopna:) but I love it and it is a new peak for Lana - the definition of timelessness and a lush sound - a career highlight! <3

15 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

The Honeymoon Hotline now plays American and not California. I noticed it last night. Anybody know when it got changed?

It used to play American in April/May 2018 until NFR came out and then it switched to California, but maybe since they switched it back to American and the NFR era is over, that's a sign that this is just a placeholder song until COTCC comes out and another song will be on it!

Happy birthday, Honeymoon! 5 whole years <3

Love love love this album. Top faves are Swan Song, Art Deco, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, Religion, Salvatore and more.

The photoshoot is so pretty too. Love the red vinyl 

9 minutes ago, FloridaKiloMyself said:

4kllgthnrn931.jpg?auto=webp&s=1a97f7e5f9

It isnt her most critically acclaimed album and that's why I can't take the critics seriously. 

Happy birthday, Honeymoon. And thank you, Lana, for giving it to us.

Ahhh man, this album holds a special place in my heart. It’s the first era of hers that I ever got to experience as a stan. What an amazing time for me. I remember waiting to hear the leaks recorded at the urban outfitters lol.

36 minutes ago, sjatib said:

It isnt her most critically acclaimed album and that's why I can't take the critics seriously. 

Happy birthday, Honeymoon. And thank you, Lana, for giving it to us.

Ye the pic is a bit outdated but instantly thought of it when I saw the tastelessness in this thread

Happy birthday Honeymoon.

It was my first Lana album and I can still remember how shook I was when I listen to The Blackest Day for the first time!!

An absolute masterpiece. 

Also a little confession, I found out about Lana under Taylor Swift's Wildest Dream video. :lmao:

when I googled her name, High by the Beach was the first thing that showed up. I remember thinking "why the song sounds so weird yet so good" :flutter:

And then.. turns out I already listen to National Anthem a few months before that when I saw it on MTv. I remember loving it but never actually had a time to check her music (I think I forgot her name).

So, thank you Taylor Swift.