annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

On 1/15/2022 at 11:56 PM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Also God Knows I Tried has this encompassing production and is underrated, when the verses slowly echo off UGH #HONEYMOONISSUPREME

Yes! God Knows I Tried is so fucking good.

I think I've come to the conclusion that Terrence is Lana's probably most timeless song.:oprah3:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

all of this born to die talk is reminding me on how i'm probably the one person that she gained from the honeymoon album :bebe:

i discovered her during born to die era and i didn't like her :bebe:

honeymoon was the album that changed me from indifferent to full on stan and then eventually ultraviolence and aka also helped that transition:nails:

give it up for honeymoon everybody! :trisha:

*crickets*

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 1/27/2022 at 9:28 AM, the ocean said:

all of this born to die talk is reminding me on how i'm probably the one person that she gained from the honeymoon album :bebe:

i discovered her during born to die era and i didn't like her :bebe:

honeymoon was the album that changed me from indifferent to full on stan and then eventually ultraviolence and aka also helped that transition:nails:

give it up for honeymoon everybody! :trisha:

*crickets*

Similar story here. Don’t judge, but back when born to die came out I didn’t really listen to any album by any artist in full (idk what I was thinking), but I liked video games and summertime sadness a lot. Then ride and UV, but when honeymoon came out that’s when I became full on obsessed. 

ive rearranged the album and i like how it went so here it is :true:

1. High By the Beach
  2. Music to Watch Boys to
  3. Freak
  4. Art Deco
  5. Honeymoon
  6. Religion
  7. God Knows I Tried
  8. Terrence Loves You
  9. Serene Queen - this would need to be a stripped down ver cos it sounds too much like LFL
  10. Salvatore
  11. Cherry Blossom
  12. The Blackest Day
  13. 24
  14. Swan Song
  15. Yes to Heaven

So where do the demos that we currently have (Freak, TBD, GKIT) fit into this timeline?

I played him [Mark Ronson] ten songs that I have composed for this next album. Not so much that he added his usual signature, soul and funk. But rather it explores a sound close to the golden age of jazz".

The ten songs would obviously have excluded Burnt Norton, DLMBM, but also several other songs, because Yes To Heaven was originally for Honeymoon again, but that's all we are certain of in terms of scrapped tracks (?). 

I'm wondering which were the songs added after the original 10 songs Lana had in mind. I know there are some confirmed Honeymoon demos that we don't have, so those are probably included in the ten tracks. 

2 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

So where do the demos that we currently have (Freak, TBD, GKIT) fit into this timeline?

I played him [Mark Ronson] ten songs that I have composed for this next album. Not so much that he added his usual signature, soul and funk. But rather it explores a sound close to the golden age of jazz".

The ten songs would obviously have excluded Burnt Norton, DLMBM, but also several other songs, because Yes To Heaven was originally for Honeymoon again, but that's all we are certain of in terms of scrapped tracks (?). 

I'm wondering which were the songs added after the original 10 songs Lana had in mind. I know there are some confirmed Honeymoon demos that we don't have, so those are probably included in the ten tracks. 

there’s confirmed demos of music to watch boys to, high by the beach, & salvatore, there’s also a second demo of the blackest day which hasn’t leaked, i think it’s also speculated that there’s demos for religion & art deco? idk

there’s also a confirmed mark ronson demo of terrence loves you

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

8 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

there’s confirmed demos of music to watch boys to, high by the beach, & salvatore, there’s also a second demo of the blackest day which hasn’t leaked, i think it’s also speculated that there’s demos for religion & art deco? idk

there’s also a confirmed mark ronson demo of terrence loves you

Cool thanks! I was looking for the "songs we don't have thread" which had this info but couldn't find it again. Honestly I never have luck with the search function...

It seemed to me like High By The Beach was one of the later additions. Someone here shared on soundcloud Rick (?) talking about how he produced HBTB. He went into amazing detail and there was no mention of a demo that I remember. 

So if we are not sure about Art Deco, Religion, 24 or Swan Song, some of these are probably the "newer" songs, but likely not all. I would lean towards Swan Song being a later addition, at least.

Just re-visit Honeymoon & fell asleep during the middle of the album.

I also put Clair De lune as the album "outro" & Say Yes To Heaven (Honeymoon Version) as the bonus track of Honeymoon & damn, the experience is now ANOTHER LEVEL.

For now, this album is offically in my top 3 (bye bye NFR)

And to be honest: Swan Song & 24 are very very very very underrated, i can't believe that there aren't many people pay attention to the greatness of their pressence in Lana's legacy.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

terrence loves you is the best song she has ever made and will ever make :true:

Buddy' Rendezvous is giving hope

hope is a dangerous thing for a delulu like me to have 

but i have it.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Still her best album after all these years! <3 

(though I love them all and they are all masterpieces)

where have you been, i havent seen u for a month.