annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

5 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

hi i hope this is the right place to post this :') 

im not so great with words in writing so while im in this zone i was just curious to read something about why this is another persons favorite album as well

Honeymoon is my favorite Lana album. I think I enjoy the lyricism and production combo. I am not knowledgeable on technical terms involving music, but I like the mix of feminine lyricism and mysterious production. Then again there are some somber songs from the record like "Swan Song" and "The Blackest Day". I think YouTube edits with movie or commercial footage put under the album music made me appreciate the sonics of it even more. It's very "sirenic"

41 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

i guess i didnt clarify lol i know i could read this thread but if anyone feels like writing out a mini essay/explanation of why they love this album id have so much fun reading that rn! <3

for me it was the iconic D1ETPUSSY (for those who don’t know: https://youtube.com/@D1ETPUSSY) who helped me get into the album progressively.

like some years ago, before YT turned down his first channel, he had almost all the HM tracks posted with those arty/fantsy videos mixing several films from the late 60s-early 70s, and that was exactly what i had in mind as the visuals for the album. 

THAT technicolor, those vivid images and palettes, the grain, those incoherent and surrealist scenes… everything was and still is so perfect and fits so well with the album theme. 

so everytime i revisit this masterpiece, those videos play in my mind non-stop and is like watching those art house films while playing the record, and for me that is the experience (and as a 60s/70s cinema lover this is why HM is my ultimate favorite album of aaaaall time) :smokes:

for those wondering, this is my favorite edit of his, along with the one for TLY, that was sadly blocked and never reposted 

update: just discovered D1ETPUSSY is 

@COLACNT so hi legend for changing my life :wub:

HONEYMOON RENAISSANCE

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I listened to Honeymoon for the first time in a while today. Some thoughts:

1. What time of day do y’all associate with this album? For me, it’s the only Lana album that I picture being completely at night. 
  2. Music to Watch Boys to is that bitch. The song is fire sonically, the music video is stunning, and it includes two of my favorite hobbies: music and watching boys. 
  3. The pre-choruses of God Knows I Try and Religion have to be some of her best ever. The melodies are SO good. 
  4. This might be her strongest album in terms of her melodies. I miss her melodies like this. 
  5. This feels like her most lush and wealthy sounding album. Like I feel like classy old-timey wealthy when I’m listening to it… picturing like Great Gatsby or the Titanic. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

OH MY GOD!!!!!

HONEYMOON STANS RISE!

280K to 800K+ :oprah4:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i've probably already said this in here but this will always be my favorite album from her - it was my first era as a fan, so i associate this album with lots of nostalgia, summers in high school spent on the beach, and the better parts of my teenage years. the bridge of the blackest day will never not fuck me up!

3 hours ago, paradiso said:

i've probably already said this in here but this will always be my favorite album from her - it was my first era as a fan, so i associate this album with lots of nostalgia, summers in high school spent on the beach, and the better parts of my teenage years. the bridge of the blackest day will never not fuck me up!

Omg literally same

:krylie:

3 hours ago, Fingertips said:

OH MY GOD!!!!!

HONEYMOON STANS RISE!

280K to 800K+ :oprah4:

OMG WE DID THIS :beyonce:

Also you already stanning Fingertips & you stanning Honeymoon,  the taste,  no choice but to stan you:nails:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

omg honeymoon release year thread!!! 2015!!! quick everyone say top three in honeymoon, mine goes terrence, freak and god knows i tried

terrence loves you, the blackest day, swan song <3

1 minute ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

omg honeymoon release year thread!!! 2015!!! quick everyone say top three in honeymoon, mine goes terrence, freak and god knows i tried

the blackest day, terrance loves you and freak

2 minutes ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

terrence loves you, the blackest day, swan song/religion!

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy