annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I just don’t get the point in publicly complaining about other people participating in a discussion if you’re not even adding anything to it. There was no fighting. It’s pretty common around here for passive aggressive humor to be the status quo,., that’s kinda why we call people tasteless. Obviously we all have taste if we’re Lana stans...if you don’t like what is being posted take a few days off and go remember life before CO(CC)Rona.

im sure there will be news for you to discuss with us by the end of the week.
:toofloppy:

25 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

I just don’t get the point in publicly complaining about other people participating in a discussion if you’re not even adding anything to it. There was no fighting. It’s pretty common around here for passive aggressive humor to be the status quo,., that’s kinda why we call people tasteless. Obviously we all have taste if we’re Lana stans...if you don’t like what is being posted take a few days off and go remember life before CO(CC)Rona.

im sure there will be news for you to discuss with us by the end of the week.
:toofloppy:

yup sorry, i had a shitty day, im annoyed by everything

Happy birthday to this truly special album. The cinematic album with the best bridges. 

Looking back this has really me thinking this was her peak. A moment in time. :defeated:

Happy Birthday Honeymoon!!!

You are truly  a masterpiece :mariah:

Love this album so much and it's perfect  for an escape from reality into the gorgeous instrumentals and her beautiful and stunning vocals...love to get lost in this album and I mean that in the most positive  way ever:wub:

Perfect album for sunbathing and moonbathing:crying4:

Can't believe that Honeymoon is already 5 years old:wowcry:

During 2015 I turned into a Lana Fan and I still remember  that my mother bought me the Honeymoon CD and after a few listens it was my favourite album of hers. Nowadays this album is still  one of my favourites (along with UV:usrs:

Honeymoon is one if her most dreamiest songs ever and The Blackest still snatches my entire existence  and there are so many amazing moments on the album , it actually deserves an own post :defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Happy birthday Honeymoon! :fabcat:

I remember vividly when Lana released you. At that times, I only listened to Video Games and Born to Die (the song), didn't check the whole album, and totally forgot about her. :eek: 

But I just fell in love with this new aesthetic and gave her a second chance. The best thing I could've do. The singles were just mesmerizing, I never ever heard something as dreamy and ethereal. The day after its release, I bought not only Honeymoon but Born to Die, the Paradise EP and Ultraviolence, and my journey as a stan began. Truly a turning point in my very short life.  :krylie:

Shortly after, I saw The Love Witch. I was still listening to the album non-stop so the two universes just crossed in my mind, making it her witchiest album for me. That's probably why it's still my favorite. :awkney:

Anyway, happy birthday to this iconic masterpiece! :kiss:

happy 5th birthday, honeymoon! i really love this album, it's relaxing, it's lonesome, it's oceanic, and it's just lovely. so many tracks off this album are so underrated among the fanbase, yet are standouts in her discography, such as the title track, music to watch boys to, religion, salvatore, and 24. i'd consider this album to be the bridge between the submissive, stormy character from btd - uv, to the more assured, yet honest and introspective character from lfl - nfr. perfect album for the summertime, where there is a still a cool breeze yet you can feel the slow burn of the sun beating down on you. 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

5 years of this masterpiece! such a beautiful, introspective, poetic and gentle work. top tier of her discography despite people not appreciating it 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

First Lana album I bought, maybe even the first album I ever bought myself then I hated it :eek: and never listened to until I think Lust For Life came out then got more into it where it became among my favourites in the end :spin:

some of my absolute fav moments of lana's entire discography are in this album - particularly Art Deco, Terrence Loves You and Salvatore. this album is one of those i love listening to on a sunny day outside in the garden with a bottle of wine and a pack of cigarettes :smokes3:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

8 hours ago, Shades of Lame said:

Happy birthday Honeymoon! :fabcat:

I remember vividly when Lana released you. At that times, I only listened to Video Games and Born to Die (the song), didn't check the whole album, and totally forgot about her. :eek: 

But I just fell in love with this new aesthetic and gave her a second chance. The best thing I could've do. The singles were just mesmerizing, I never ever heard something as dreamy and ethereal. The day after its release, I bought not only Honeymoon but Born to Die, the Paradise EP and Ultraviolence, and my journey as a stan began. Truly a turning point in my very short life.  :krylie:

Shortly after, I saw The Love Witch. I was still listening to the album non-stop so the two universes just crossed in my mind, making it her witchiest album for me. That's probably why it's still my favorite. :awkney:

Anyway, happy birthday to this iconic masterpiece! :kiss:

Similar with me, at that time I was a massive fan although I listened to more songs but not really the albums I dont think but probably 30 of her songs all the time.

I remember it really well when it came out as it was probably the first music I ever looked forward to coming out and knew it was being released and that I actually bought myself and I listened to it that day at work which was probably a huge mistake. At the time I don't think I listened to any singles before it and probably expected it to be like Born to Die, Paradise, Ultraviolence and unreleased songs I listened to at the time. I worked in Landscaping and we were doing a front and back garden laying turf and like digging and wheelbarrowing stuff in and out and maybe putting down slabs and stuff, pretty hard physical work plus we were rushing because it was a Friday and I was listening to this album of calm slow music and remember thinking it was nothing like what I expected and it ruined the album for me for a long time.  :flop: