Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

Lana’s Best Album / Your Favourite

Now that Honeymoon has been released, which album is your favorite?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Lana album

• Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust for Life
    • Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Blue Banisters
    • Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

fucking bye :bye2:

I just called that "worst" because I saw people having mixed opinions about it. Having a different sound from Born To Die makes them do it. 

I love Ultraviolence TBH I don't like it but I LOVE IT.  :hooker:  :flutter:

:troll:  lol jk Ultraviolence is Lana's best album and is equal to Honeymoon   :troll:  

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

Born to Die is my favourite. Not because I want Lana to recreate that era and things like that, but it's the musical style that represents me somehow (along with UV and others). However, I think Ultraviolence is her best work right now, you can see that she developed a lot musically and lyrically - Honeymoon couldn't overcome that level.

AKA is the most natural to me, unique sounds and lyrics, and great melodies. Not a bad or boring song on there, unlike BTD (Carmen, DMD), P (Belair, most of the album is forgettable imo), UV (PWYC, Old Money, FMWUTTT), or Honeymoon (I literally forget Religion exists, Art Deco is boring sorry). It's not a perfect album, but it's definitely my favorite by her.

Paradise is def last place, but the rest sort of fight each other in my ranking. Like I love BTD but after hearing the demos, I feel like a lot of the spark was lost (DMD, NA, DP, TIWMUG) and I start understanding why people think it's soulless and overproduced. Honeymoon is beautiful but not outstanding. Ultraviolence has great songs but I'm not into the whole lo-fi rock sound. WC is the only song on the standard album that sounds "clean" to me; I really dislike the production otherwise.

But I still love all of them in a way, even Paradise. Unlike some artists, none of Lana"s albums are truly unlistenable.

Ultraviolence is the greatest one so far. The almost concept-album-y coherence, the dark yet summery vibes, the raw and emotional sound and the lo-fi-rock ... She really did something great there and, even more important, something she hadn't done before.

My second fav is Paradise, it's so great at evoking emotions with each song.

Honeymoon and Born To Die  are on an equal footing for me.

Born To Die is a great debut, the composition of low-Nancy Sinatra esque vocals, dramatic orchestral instrumentals in contrast to Lolita-esque vocals, E-drums playing Hip Hop beats and all those samples ... It's a great album and each track is beautiful. Plus I think it's the "most different" one if you compare it to the rest of her material, since it's the most pop-ish one.

Honeymoon is laid back and has some beautiful songs. the vocals are great and mature but yet I don't think it's the most spectacular album she's done so far.

+1

sioeQ.jpg

I just don't like AKA, I think there's 3 or 4 great songs, but the rest kinda disgust me. I like all of the songs on BTD immensely (except Carmen and MDM). Paradise is really good (except for Bel Air). I don't dislike any song on UV besides Guns and Roses, which is a bonus track so it doesn't matter too much. Honeymoon is good until it gets to the last 3 songs, which I don't care for. While I don't think UV has the best songs, I think it is the best album as a whole. Paradise and BTD are great, but have 1 or 2 songs that I don't care for. Then there's Honeymoon that's has some ok-good songs. And lastly there's AKA, which I hate as an album.

there's AKA, which I hate as an album.

Give it another go. I never used to like it, but now I am in love with every single song. You never know, you might change your mind if you give it a few more listens like I did :)

AKA and BTD, I love the romantic summer vibes, makes me feel sexy when listening to her. Off to the Races, Lolita, Put Me in a Movie... her best work in my opinion.

Happy as the moonshine

AKA > Paradise > Honeymoon > Ultraviolence > BTD

AKA has For K Part 2, Mermaid Motel, Put Me In A Movie, Pawn Shop Blues. Paradise has Bel Air, Cola, Blue Velvet. Honeymoon has SWAN SONG. UV has Cruel World, WC and Sad Girl. BTD has...nothing. OTTR is my favorite from it, but...