RainbowHydrangea1949

Lana's political views

I suspect her from being Republican, because she's singing about guns, bibles, money and God and she is almost always portrayed within traditional gender roles in her videos. She also stated that she doesn't really care about feminism.

But I also read that she supports enviromental cause and she is really interested in science and technology.

What do you think? Does she lean right or left politically?

Being religious and talking about guns and money doesn't make you a republican, I mean, look at Gaga. I don't think she's full on republican, probably independent/left leaning/not really interested enough to care. She played a lesbian in Summertime Sadness,  went to the UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability Fundraiser and said "sing it out, sing it loud, be proud, come out" in For You, which I think clarifies she's in support of same sex equality - not something a staunch republican would really do.

Plus, she addressed her feminism comments recently, she's not anti-feminism like a lot of republican women are. She said there's issues that need to be addressed, but technology interests her more. Feminism not being the center of your universe doesn't mean you're a republican. I care about the environment and technology too, but feminism interests me more. It doesn't mean I don't care about pollution or side with republicans on those issues, they're just not what's most important to me. Same thing with Lana, just reversed. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Being religious and talking about guns and money doesn't make you a republican, I mean, look at Gaga. I don't think she's full on republican, probably independent/left leaning/not really interested enough to care. She played a lesbian in Summertime Sadness,  went to the UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability Fundraiser and said "sing it out, sing it loud, be proud, come out" in For You, which I think clarifies she's in support of same sex equality - not something a staunch republican would really do.

Plus, she addressed her feminism comments recently, she's not anti-feminism like a lot of republican women are. She said there's issues that need to be addressed, but technology interests her more. Feminism not being the center of your universe doesn't mean you're a republican. I care about the environment and technology too, but feminism interests me more. It doesn't mean I don't care about pollution or side with republicans on those issues, they're just not what's most important to me. Same thing with Lana, just reversed. 

Thanks  :)

she voted democratic in the last election according to something that somebody found that has personal and private info so I can't share it. But it was posted like three years ago and some of the lanaboards members saw it so I'm sure someone can back me up.

Awhile back, before the Rolling Stone interview also confirmed it, I looked up her voter registration in the state of New York in order to definitively prove that she had been lying about her age (or committing voter fraud). Since it was personal and wasn't relevant to that purpose, I blurred out her party affiliation in the screenshot in that post. But I can confirm that she was registered there as a Democrat.

As for her political views on individual issues, I suspect in general she's socially liberal, possibly economically conservative, and not very politically correct.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

a little off topic, but so many people take so many artists lyrics TOO literally. Exactly.

So much in lyrics are satire. its funny how sometimes people don't see that angle.

its similar to the people out there with NO sense of humour. (I never understood or got along with someone with no sense of humour.)

Science Love and Peace

Only Democratic folks believe in science

Liberals want love and peace

and I might be the only one who thinks so, but everytime I hear "American" I can picture it to be about President Obama

would say a 1960s/1970s NYC Southern California Liberal

would say she might have been (were she older) an early Jerry Brown fan during his younger days, continuing to today,

and a John V. Lindsay (NYC Mayor 1960s/70s) fan. (Bobby, JFK, Dr. King, Eleanor Roosevelt), etc.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She's interested in science, has a huge LGBT fanbase, aswell as a song called "For You" which is most likely about a homosexual coming out, she played a lesbian in the Summertime Sadness music video and tweeted about attending a  gay pride, she tweeted negatively about the congress (I hope I'm not mistaking it) was elected and there were mainly conservatives in it, she said that even though feminism isn't the center of her own little lanaverse it's something important .... Come on, that doesn't sound like an Republican.

Plus her singing about all these amrican dream things is most likely a stylistic device. Born To Die is full of americana references and especially the Ride video is so over the top.

She even once said she's not all" Rar rar America!" herself, even though she has these songs in an interview.

Also, she might be religious but the way she expresses it (Tropico) seems quite liberal.

Aaaand she's a big Kurt Cobain fan, who was someone who stood up against many republican ideas.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Let's not forget she's a big JFK fan, how awkward would it be hearing songs about Reagan  :deadbanana:

Gorbachev to the Nuclear Arms Races

True Love on the Supply Side

Trickle Down

Old & Senile

SAG Girl

Summertime Sandinistas

Put Me in a B Movie

Contras of the Counter-Revolution

Grenada (Black Hawk Helicopter Hell)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Coincidentally, I found an important statement she made about her political view:

https://etcanada.com/news/497056/lana-del-rey-explains-the-meaning-of-lyric-kanye-west-is-blonde-and-gone-in-new-track-the-greatest/

I’m really not more of a liberal than I am a Republican — I’m in the middle.

9 minutes ago, jaesana said:

My friend did some major sleuthing a couple years back and found she's registered as an independent in NY

She was registered as a democrat in NY according to http://lanaboards.com/topic/8013-lana-politics/ though it's possible that she changed it at some point.

On 10/2/2016 at 10:46 PM, Elle said:
  • Apparently, according to her New York voter record, she was registered as a Democrat.