brooklynbaby91

Azealia comments on "Art Deco" diss track rumors

I still don't get what it has to do with AB? Like, I don't listen to her, but is there like a reference to her music or something? Like a secret acronym or something?

Apparently Lana mentions a few songs (Heavy Metal And Reflective + Ice Princess) because she says cool/cold and black/gold.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I always assumed Art Deco was sort of an extension of Carmen. Lana, a young teen who's clearly troubled, throwing herself into the night life and such... but okay

This was exactly what I interpreted it as! Still don't see it as a reference in anyway to Azealia Banks tbh

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Racism can be much subtler than that.

I think you're reaching so much you're gonna dislocate your arm. See @@longtimeman, I told you I was gonna have to steal that line. #PostAppropriation

I agreed 100% with everything you said up until this point in your post, and I agree that discussions like this tend to turn ugly, but I have to disagree with this "don't quote me" business. It comes off like you feel entitled to have the final word. It's a discussion forum. People are entitled to respond if they wish.

I ask people not to quote me because I have an almost pathological need to respond to people who quote me, and I'm just not feeling having a debate. I'm okay with people discussing the contents of my post. I just don't want to feel pulled into a back and forth discussion.

I could, of course, ignore the quote, but it's so tempting, which is why I ask people not to use the quote function. It's a courtesy "don't feed my compulsion to respond to posts" thing.

tumblr_nvfe321kil1qcholvo1_500.png

Why is ghetto automatically linked to black people? This has nothing to do with financial status.

Why is Lana, a rich white woman, saying it? THIS IS why it's offensive, okay? 

It was a fucking joke lol it was playing on the "automatically linked to black people" thing. Like I said, if it has to be explained... She came from trailer fucking trash, low life white trash in a fucking trailer park where they have police tape and she wore a bandana on her fucking head. She's lived the low financial status life, don't come for her if you're not going to think of the actual facts. Her dad might've been rich, but he didn't help her when she was in her trailer park. Either way, if I wasn't even joking, that was the next lyric as it was anyway. You read into everything too much.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg