ILostMyself

Riverside (Barrie James O'Neill ft. Lana)

[barrie:]

I've seen you walk along the riverside

I've seen you walk along at ease

And in the air I feel a silence,

it whispers perfect on the breeze

And there's a voice that keeps me company

It takes me closer to the stream

And in the break of any suffering

It makes me feel like there's no pain

Finally, finally, finally I'm getting closer

To the dream

To my dream I believe

[Lana:]

I'm up a creek and you're my paddle

Where there is you there is my soul

Another dream where I'm the witness

I am the witness to your goal

[barrie & Lana:]

To the dream

To my dream I believe

To the dream

To my dream I believe

To my dream I believe

To my dream I believe

To my dream I believe

Beautiful lyrics :oprah:

And congrats on being able to decipher what they say, there are so many layers and effects on their voice it's really hard to make out

I hope that I got most of the things right... i LOVE the song so much! So beautiful! I wish there were more "simple" Lana songs like that. Just piano and vocals. That's enough.

Did they write it together or were other people involved in cowriting?

Im assuming it was just between them, seems more intimate. Also I'm guessing Barrie produced it

Barrie wrote the song, Lana wasn't involved in the song writing. Barrie stated it wasn't a duet, but then he featured Lana on it and after that he couldn't release the song. Probably Lana's label was not allowing him to release it.

www.insidemyintrovertmind.blogspot.gr

The production>>>>>>

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

What makes this song relatable to me is the line "Finally , finally , Im getting closer to the dream" Cause it shows that shes waited a long time to have something special. <3 Reminds me thats theres more joy to happen in my life, Its a beautiful song and one of her best imo. 

The outro is so heavenly. I’m not super familiar with musical production, but it almost sounds like they’re using a really grainy mellotron

To use so few instruments, the song has so much atmosphere. Is This Happiness has a similar quality I can’t quite pinpoint

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I love that this song is getting a resurgence of love from the fandom. It's so gorgeous, Lana's vocals are just perfect and the lyrics are really beautiful. I too always loved the "finally, finally Im getting closer to the dream" part, to me it always had a spiritual meaning. Like getting closer to god.