Mind Melt

Kelela

ugh okay really this makes like nice background music but i was hoping for a little more vocals, and maybe some new material but it's just her barely resinging her old songs :rip:

mother your children are STARVING

On 10/17/2021 at 7:03 PM, Hummingbird said:

Sorry to bump this very old thread, but does anybody know what happened to her? She no longer uses social media and literally disappeared from everywhere.

Yeah the last thing I remember of her is acusing Caroline Polachek of being a racist due to a story she shared on instagram with lyrics containing the n word and to this day CP still gets replied with racist and that same screenshot lol. I thought they were friends after the calvin klein thing.

I do wonder where she's at, her music is so fucking good

12 minutes ago, 88AYM said:

Yeah the last thing I remember of her is acusing Caroline Polachek of being a racist due to a story she shared on instagram with lyrics containing the n word and to this day CP still gets replied with racist and that same screenshot lol. I thought they were friends after the calvin klein thing.

I do wonder where she's at, her music is so fucking good

The thing with caroline took place shortly after the ck ad which is still so funny and strange to me like you'd think a white girl who was just in an ad with solange kelela and dev hynes would at least try to be smart

anyways

yeah kelela is long overdue with new music but i wont complain because it will be purchased whenever it comes

8 minutes ago, comeintomybedroom said:

The thing with caroline took place shortly after the ck ad which is still so funny and strange to me like you'd think a white girl who was just in an ad with solange kelela and dev hynes would at least try to be smart

anyways

yeah kelela is long overdue with new music but i wont complain because it will be purchased whenever it comes

And Adam Bainbridge from Kindness! Such a crazy, CRAZY group for a CK ad... imagine the stuff they could make together ugh. I love them all

Yeah, I wonder if she's okay cause it's weird she hasn't popped up since. 

On 7/26/2022 at 4:00 AM, pinkfuneral said:

Supposedly a bartender somewhere served her and she told them she was celebrating because she had just finished her next album. The bartender took pics so I guess it's real? 

Even if not, does anyone on here have insider info about her next release? It's been FIVE years since she dropped one of the best (incredibly underrated) albums of the decade

I'm glad it's finished and she's apparently coming for real

well-so-im-done.gif