RetroSound

'Ride' - Music Video Released

Not to look a gift Lana in the mouth but can we safely assume we won't be getting the Dark Paradise (sometimes people say Radio too?) video(s)? And does anyone know what interview if any she said she'd make videos for them in? I need it for a reference thingy :flutter:

With the re-release on it's way, yes i'd say DP video is dead.

love it, love everything about it, hate the ending. I wish it was a bit more sad like all her lovers leave her or something at the part where she's like "i'm tired driving till i see stars in my eyes".

but yeah awesome cinematography and everything.

fuck. the. headdress.

I felt sad because of the way she's forced to think, especially in light of her fame...I think the monologue basically said she finally felt happiness and freedom after watching all her dreams and expectations of fame turn into something else entirely. A good perspective, but sad that's she's driven to that.

I'm glad there wasn't any death. Years from now, when she better still be making music, I want to look back at the deaths in the Born to Die videos and feel fond of the theme--because that was the album, Born to DIE. I don't want it to become a schtick, which it would if she kept doing it. But for the whole era in a grand scheme, it was pretty cool.

This video was so different to what I was expecting, but then again I didn't really know what I was expecting! I'm watching it for the fourth time now and I'm still mind blown! What an artist. I absolutely love the monologue, it adds so much emotion! It's so personal and it feels like she's really letting us in. The whole video is beautiful, really. I just can't believe it - it seems surreal! When I was watching this, I only put real thought into her biking around America with these biker guys. I would love to know more about it, like how old she was when she did that, and how long she rode around for, etc. but I don't know whether we will ever find out more, most things seem to stay as mysteries! To be honest, I would LOVE an autobiography, that would be bliss. Hopefully one day! But wow, just can't believe the pure beauty of Ride. Newfound love for the song!

I'm not usually an emotional person and this made me tear up.

I don't understand how someone I don't know, depicting a life I never had could touch and connect to me this way...

Knowing that this is very autobiographical makes me torn between feeling sad for her or happy that she has succeeded in making her life a work of art. She is a work of art.

I just love her so much.

edit: And I don't fucking care about the headdress or anything else. I don't want to focus on the details. I just want to sink in the beauty of this video

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch