naachoboy

Grammy Submissions for "Honeymoon" 2016.

Yeah, she's not getting nominated again. Too many pop albums taking up spots. HBHBHB-Florence, No Sleep-Janet, 1989-Satan, Title-Meghan (god forbid), EMOTION-CRJ, Every Open Eye-CHVRCHES, etc. I could even see them nominating Shawn Mendes or One Direction before Lana :toofunny:

The nominations will be like this:

1 Big name female artist

1 Big name male artist

1 Indie/Alternative Pop artist

1 Rock/Pop artist

1 flexible slot 

:diva:  

(it's not like the competition will be weaker in the alt. category considering they always nominate bands/rock-influenced album instead)

(I'd say UV should have been sent to alt. but HM is more difficult to categorize)

Anyways,

can abel submit Prisoner for Pop Duo/Group Performance coz it would be the biggest chance for us to see her name on the nomination list. :creep:

giphy.gif

Eh Grammy nominations are mostly a random combination of MOR music + critically acclaimed stuff that isn't too weird + what's on the top of the charts. Her snub last year probably doesn't mean anything really. Paradise's nomination came out of nowhere so you never know.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

Because Interscope want her to fade away, and that's exactly what's happening :)

Does interscope really want her to fade away? I see people on here always saying that interscope doesn't like the music Lana is making or something along those lines, but where are people getting this info from? Is it true? :uh:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Does interscope really want her to fade away? I see people on here always saying that interscope doesn't like the music Lana is making or something along those lines, but where are people getting this info from? Is it true? :uh:

It's been spoken about before in interviews, I believe Dan Auerbach talked about it in one of his.

From what I remember, Interscope hated Ultraviolence and wouldn't release it unless Lana met with a producer (I think it was Paul Epworth?) they wanted her to work with. She showed up late to the meeting, and while they were waiting they played UV for him and he said he loved it & wouldn't change it, but he ended up producing Black Beauty

So I think they hated UV and wanted her to redo it until the guy they wanted to do it said they shouldn't or something idk

It's been spoken about before in interviews, I believe Dan Auerbach talked about it in one of his.

From what I remember, Interscope hated Ultraviolence and wouldn't release it unless Lana met with a producer (I think it was Paul Epworth?) they wanted her to work with. She showed up late to the meeting, and while they were waiting they played UV for him and he said he loved it & wouldn't change it, but he ended up producing Black Beauty

So I think they hated UV and wanted her to redo it until the guy they wanted to do it said they shouldn't or something idk

I'm pretty sure she was like "I won't change it my gays will buy it anyway"

:troll:

But it's not really pop either

I don't get it, if it ain't alternative or pop wtf is it? 

indie pop!

nah it could be in Best Alternative...they are fools.

The Best Alternative category is usually off-the-hook good though. She would have no chance - even though she deserves it!!!

The Grammys suck but Best Alternative is prestigious and actually nominate deserving acts. St. Vincent was only the second woman to win this year!

It took Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys 50 years, 2011, to win their first Grammy, so as Lana already has 2 nominations including the one for Paradise,

gotta figure she will win in something like 2050, will we all still be here? I would be happy for Rock and Roll hall of fame in the 2030's.

Should had a Producer of the Year entry being that Lana is the lead producer on the credits of Honeymoon

If Weeknd releases the duet as official single, next year vocal event of the year

My guess is Ryan Adams will be winning a lot of awards this year, like Beck

It is also good to note-

Leonard Cohen won his only Grammy on a technicality- in 2007, and then it was only as a small part, a spoken word song on the album of the year

which is credited to Herbie Hancock that year.

Leonard was 71 at the time.

So, give Lana another 41 years at least.

Great artiste's never win many awards historically.

Ask Hollywood- being that Cary Grant, Alfred Hitchcock, Richard Burton, Peter O'toole Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Montgomery Clift, all never won an actual acting or directing Oscar and it took Henry Fonda, on his deathbed to finally win one, as he said when they showed him at his home via video, what took them so long? 

Like Hollywood legends...they never grow old...

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

To me a best pop vocal album submission for HM makes sense, given she probably doesn't care if she actually wins, but if nominated, she'd rather be so in a highly regarded category (i.e., indie/alternative is kind of in a music ghetto like rap is; at least I infer this as neither indie nor rap awards were presented on live TV last year). So being nominated in the popular category at least makes a "political" statement that popular can be weird, diverse, or intelligent. Also the vocal component of HM is actually very strong compared to other popular releases, imo.

But I'm curious if anyone expects Lana to attend (winorlose) or even respond, should she win..

Personally I'd expect her to not attend, but I also believe she could win with Honeymoon/HBTB and still not really give them "more" power by making a huge deal about it (I really want an ICONIC photo of Lana's hand holding a Grammy) and a kind of nonchalant thank you to the Academy on her IG etc.

I'd prefer Honeymoon to win over the HBTB nominations, just cuz I feel like HBTB winning would irk me a little since it's clearly supposed to be so "easy to like" and "approachable" versus Honeymoon's oddity.

Here's to Oddity!!!