Pocket Gay

Mariah Carey

Got the book yesterday, it's so amazing, looks beautiful too. Also been listening to The Rarities as well. So many great songs there. Justice for Loverboy, I love the Firecracker version. Cool on You slaps, Here We Go Around Again is perfect, love the vocals, the melodies, everything. I Pray and Mesmerized are fantastic too. Everything Fades Away and Slipping Away too

Can't wait to fully immerse myself in her music again 

2 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

Wasn't it recorded post-Daydream?

it says on the rarities album that its from ‘96 but its def pre daydream. (it got cut cause it was too r&b for her label n later got released as the always be my baby b-side)

qfrWuBl.png

Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is hands down my least fav album of hers (candy bling a classic tho) but the H.A.T.E.U. remix is so excellent, I rlly hope she drops that scrapped Angels Advocate album during the Memoirs MC30 week.

Also came here to say Charmbracelet is top 3 n it's time people start recognizing that.

qfrWuBl.png

I hate the way she left so many eras off from "The Rarities". Imagine the scrapped goldies from Butterfly, Rainbow, Charmbracelet, Emancipation and Memoirs. When she first anounced it, I was living for all jazz and experimental tracks she recorded during Charmbracelet sessions.

2 hours ago, glitch diva said:

I hate the way she left so many eras off from "The Rarities". Imagine the scrapped goldies from Butterfly, Rainbow, Charmbracelet, Emancipation and Memoirs. When she first anounced it, I was living for all jazz and experimental tracks she recorded during Charmbracelet sessions.

Honestly there are not many songs from those eras and we have some of them already, but she did float the idea of another Rarities release so there might be more no one knows about. 

BzhmW.png

1 hour ago, drewby said:

Honestly there are not many songs from those eras and we have some of them already, but she did float the idea of another Rarities release so there might be more no one knows about. 

Not sure about the others you mentioned, but it's known that she did record a good amount of tracks for Charmbracelet. While recording the album, she was playing around with sounds and did a lot of experimental and jazz songs - including a supposed feature with Michael Jackson.

Rarities pt 2 is honestly very likely considering the amount of tracks she has scrapped or are bsides/japan only

Likely choices are

100% (Memoirs)

Imperfect (Memoirs)

Skydiving (Memoirs)

Angels Cry (Caution)

Runway (Caution)

There For Me

When I Feel It (TEOM)

Secret Love (TEOM)

Sprung (TEOM)

Reach For The Sky (Charmbracelet)

4real4real (E=mc2)

+ unheard or maybe stand alone singles (Triumphant, I Don't)

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

15 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

not to be vulgar but derek jeter must’ve had such good dick for her to be writing songs like babygirl and honey like whew.. 

for real tho, honey is one of my favorite mimi songs when it comes to lyrics, the way she's being so sensual yet somehow subtle and poppy, legend tingz