Pocket Gay

Mariah Carey

I can't believe that next week I'll be listening to her live for the very first time... Actually, I'm don't believe it. I won't believe it until the show is done !

Record it skinny :hottie:

The Impossible > The Impossible (The Reprise) > Angel (The Prelude) > AC > Languishing (The Interlude) > IWTKWLI

This is a magical experience and Mimi's best album ending

Petals > Rainbow (Interlude) > TGIFY

^^close second

Wait wait wait ... Let's discuss this ! (I'm delicious  :hooker: )

The Impossible : smooth RnB Jam... 

The Impossible (The Reprise) : even smoother, more mellow, chill ... 

Angel (The Prelude) : now THIS.... This is other worldly. Say what you want about Mariah but please don't say that she's not an artist. WHO can do that ? I don't listen to it very often, but it's just a fantastic composition, she's a genius. 

AC : A bit "basic" (typical We Belong Together clone, finger snapping ballad) but it's a nice song

Languishing (The Interlude) : a return to sources. Quite honest and raw.

IWTKWLI : not her best cover but it's definitely a nice one.

"This is a magical experience and Mimi's best album ending"

Lambs often say that Memoirs is a bland and uninspired album. I get their criticism, actually I thought so, too : you can definitely hear that it was composed by the same people : her, The Dream and what not.. So there's not a lot of diveristy. But it's a very strong album.

- Betcha Gon Know is beautiful, imo and a very cool album opener

- Obsessed : hittt

- HATEU : poignant love song, a bit overproduced but beautiful (the MV on the other hand ..... haha)

- Candy Bling : Smooth ear candy, à la Mariah.

- Ribbon : at first, I found it messy, but it's such a fun song when you get used to it !

- Inseparable : nothing special per se, but I remember it being one of my fav of the album !

- Standing O : this sounds like something that could have been given to Rihanna. I think it could have been a good single.

- It's a Wrap : love it ! I needed her to dip a bit in her jazz side !

- Up out my Face : fun song and the remix ft. Nicki Minaj is even funnier. Too bad they had that stupid beef ...

- Up out my Face (The Reprise) : I don't know her.

- More than Just Friends : I needed time to get used to it, but it's a fun and fresh song.

And the rest, I talked about, a bit higher. 

I think it's a very homogeneous body of work. My only criticism would be : the odd track listing (Why would you squeeze Obsessed after BGK and HATEU ?) and the artwork ..

Petals > Rainbow (Interlude) > TGIFY

^^close second

Rainbow is another album that often gets dragged by fans but apart from X-Girlfriend and How Much, which sound dated as f, and "Did I do that" which is down right unlistenable, the album is full of great songs : 

- Heartbreaker : awesome pop record. And the text is so eloquent, just read it ! And the remix is fiyah ! 

- Can't take that away from me : a true anthem. One of my favorite uplifting MC songs.

- Bliss : I'll applaud that for the same reasons as "Angels Cry - The prelude" mentioned above, aka the artistic composition. Apart from that, doesn't do much for me.

- Vulnerability : good interlude, but a bit of a filler, imo. 

- Against all Odds : great cover !

- Crybaby : I jammed so hard to this one ! Great RnB track...

- Petals : one of her rawest songs. The text is so poignant and revealing. 

- Thank God I Found You : her least deserving #1, imo, but it's not bad at all. I Prefer the Stargate Radio Edit. And the "Make it Last" remix is a masterpiece in the hip hop domain.

I'm so tired so I don't even know if my post makes sense, I'll go sleep now...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Wait wait wait ... Let's discuss this ! (I'm delicious :hooker: )

The Impossible : smooth RnB Jam...

The Impossible (The Reprise) : even smoother, more mellow, chill ...

Angel (The Prelude) : now THIS.... This is other worldly. Say what you want about Mariah but please don't say that she's not an artist. WHO can do that ? I don't listen to it very often, but it's just a fantastic composition, she's a genius.

AC : A bit "basic" (typical We Belong Together clone, finger snapping ballad) but it's a nice song

Languishing (The Interlude) : a return to sources. Quite honest and raw.

IWTKWLI : not her best cover but it's definitely a nice one.

Lambs often say that Memoirs is a bland and uninspired album. I get their criticism, actually I thought so, too : you can definitely hear that it was composed by the same people : her, The Dream and what not.. So there's not a lot of diveristy. But it's a very strong album.

- Betcha Gon Know is beautiful, imo and a very cool album opener

- Obsessed : hittt

- HATEU : poignant love song, a bit overproduced but beautiful (the MV on the other hand ..... haha)

- Candy Bling : Smooth ear candy, à la Mariah.

- Ribbon : at first, I found it messy, but it's such a fun song when you get used to it !

- Inseparable : nothing special per se, but I remember it being one of my fav of the album !

- Standing O : this sounds like something that could have been given to Rihanna. I think it could have been a good single.

- It's a Wrap : love it ! I needed her to dip a bit in her jazz side !

- Up out my Face : fun song and the remix ft. Nicki Minaj is even funnier. Too bad they had that stupid beef ...

- Up out my Face (The Reprise) : I don't know her.

- More than Just Friends : I needed time to get used to it, but it's a fun and fresh song.

And the rest, I talked about, a bit higher.

I think it's a very homogeneous body of work. My only criticism would be : the odd track listing (Why would you squeeze Obsessed after BGK and HATEU ?) and the artwork ..

Rainbow is another album that often gets dragged by fans but apart from X-Girlfriend and How Much, which sound dated as f, and "Did I do that" which is down right unlistenable, the album is full of great songs :

- Heartbreaker : awesome pop record. And the text is so eloquent, just read it ! And the remix is fiyah !

- Can't take that away from me : a true anthem. One of my favorite uplifting MC songs.

- Bliss : I'll applaud that for the same reasons as "Angels Cry - The prelude" mentioned above, aka the artistic composition. Apart from that, doesn't do much for me.

- Vulnerability : good interlude, but a bit of a filler, imo.

- Against all Odds : great cover !

- Crybaby : I jammed so hard to this one ! Great RnB track...

- Petals : one of her rawest songs. The text is so poignant and revealing.

- Thank God I Found You : her least deserving #1, imo, but it's not bad at all. I Prefer the Stargate Radio Edit. And the "Make it Last" remix is a masterpiece in the hip hop domain.

I'm so tired so I don't even know if my post makes sense, I'll go sleep now...

I agree with most of this (except you shading the beautiful shade that is X-Girlfirend and Did I Do That? :hooker:)

And I've really been paying Memoirs and Einstein dust until recently (because Ribbon killed it for me :toofunny:), but the album really picks up emotionally once you get to the flawless jam that is The Impossible :)

i'm getting into mariah finally... can any of u recommend me more of her bubblegum songs like "Dreamlover", "Fantasy", "Heartbreaker"??? pretty please! :defeated:

also some sad ballads like "Without You" :'(

preferably from 90s :hooker: :hooker:

nsaalk.jpg

i'm getting into mariah finally... can any of u recommend me more of her bubblegum songs like "Dreamlover", "Fantasy", "Heartbreaker"??? pretty please! :defeated:

also some sad ballads like "Without You" :'(

preferably from 90s :hooker: :hooker:

Listen to the albums Music Box, Daydream and Rainbow.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I love her...but not you thinking that was good. Her voice is damaged, badly

This is how 2016 started out, rocky vocals with potential turned into clear and strong vocals. She's coming :hottie:

I don't know if a comeback is possible at this point with her team. Don't get me wrong, She still has it, her last album proved it but her team can never chose the right singles and her new manager is messing with her brand by making her do stupid stuff... But as long as the music is good, I'm there !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg