Sign in to follow this  
Wild One

What's The Truth, Lana?

What's The Truth, Lana?

This is a long speculation, but I'm gonna make it short.

In August 10th, 2015, Honeymoon's lead single was released: "High By The Beach".

Lana permiered it in Beats1 radio station and she made an interview.

Lana told the interviewer that the last track she worked on Honeymoon was "High By The Beach".

High By The Beach's music video was released few days after the permiere.

Now let's change the subject for a while.

Lana started to use the Honeymoon instagram account in June.

She introduced Rick and Kieron as the producers of the album.

Later on, she posted a selfie that we all know. The "Tired in studio" selfie.

She also posted pictures of Rick and Kieron working with her in the studio, means she was in the studio in June.

So we can indicate about that, that she finished recording Honeymoon by the end of June/start of July.

(She had the bangs- means it was after the Endless Summer Tour).

Now let's go back to HBTB:

If HBTB is indeed the last track she worked on, how come the music video was shot before the recordings were done?

She finished to record the album by the end of June, and we know (by her hair) that she shot the music video in April-May.

Also we have Anne Cofone selfie to prove that.

Means she maybe worked on some other tracks after she was done with High By The Beach.

That may have few answers:

1. She lied about High By The Beach being the last track she worked on.

2. She worked on some other tracks for a follow up EP or LP.

3. She worked on a Deluxe edition of Honeymoon that will come in the near future.

Lana, what is the truth?

giphy.gif

They were mastering the album. She talked A LOT about mastering in interviews this time around, so there's that as a receipt.

That's the truth, GodKnowsITried.

They were mastering the album. She talked A LOT about mastering in interviews this time around, so there's that as a receipt.

That's the truth, GodKnowsITried.

"MASTERED BY ADAM AYAN AT GATEWAY MASTERING, PORTLAND, MAINE." - Don't think Lana was a part of mastering..

giphy.gif

She also could have just later posted a picture of herself that was taken during the recording sessions.

The problem is the she had bangs in that selfie - means it was after the Endless Summer Tour...

giphy.gif

There's nothing in the video that requires being synced up perfectly with the finished track, just like there are parts of the MTWBT video that was shot ages ago. The 'tired' photo could have been from a last minute remix (which could have been for any song) to some final overdubs. Calling her a liar because she worked on finishing other songs after she finished recording HBTB is not only holding her to a ridiculous (and tedious) standard of truth, it's also misunderstanding how records are created these days.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

There's nothing in the video that requires being synced up perfectly with the finished track, just like there are parts of the MTWBT video that was shot ages ago. The 'tired' photo could have been from a last minute remix (which could have been for any song) to some final overdubs. Calling her a liar because she worked on finishing other songs after she finished recording HBTB is not only holding her to a ridiculous (and tedious) standard of truth, it's also misunderstanding how records are created these days.

Nah... I don't want to call her a liar.

I just want to mention the fact that maybe we have new tracks that are about to come. (Like a deluxe version).

I just put that option cause it is an option but it doesn't clearly means that I think that.

I don't want to create any drama.

giphy.gif

"MASTERED BY ADAM AYAN AT GATEWAY MASTERING, PORTLAND, MAINE." - Don't think Lana was a part of mastering..

"Because, you know, mixing and mastering takes so long - it can take me three months."

I'm pretty sure there's more than the final mastering, and she for sure could've been part of the mixing process on the studio with Rick and Kieron. Judging by that quote, she probs finished the album during May given HBTB release in August. 

Oh, and just as a plus, I saw lots of artists send their albums to master at Gateway Mastering so they're probs the big ones who do the final work.

By "mastering" she means "telling the poor overworked schlub at Gateway Mastering to APPLY AS MUCH MID-BASS COMPRESSION AS POSSIBLE I WANT MORE I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY MOTHERFUCKER"

:defeated:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Also on the video, when her dress gets caught, there's two takes of her where one time it doesn't just before it so maybe it was and she did just mouth the chorus and edited it together to fit the song hence the pretty much repeating clip on that part

EDIT: Actually I think she does mouth some of the first verse, I'm too lazy to check rn tbh, already got like 11 tabs open

I don't think we will get an EP for Honeymoon, to me it seems like she's just chilling with Francesco or her family. It we get something on December it maybe the announcement of Tour dates, wich would a little random but yet so possible.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I don't want a deluxe album

Save it for the new album in 2016

actually, 2 or 3 albums a year would be perfect

Elton John used to have that many a year in his biggest years

and Johnny Cash had a great song titled "What is truth"

as the helicopter was at the start of the song and the video, and Lana said at some point she had the image in her mind, both came together at the same time

that is a helicopter one hears

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp