Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Burnt Norton Video Coming!

Love her music, but the video game is severely lacking

I don't know, I thought "Lana Del Rey: High By The Beach simulator" was fantastic. The controls are so fluid; it feels natural to shoot the machine gun at the paparazzi helicopters, and the levels are pretty challenging without getting stupid hard. The plot is still nonsensical, though.

"Into The Rose Garden"

https://www.instagram.com/p/99W_LUH5e5/?taken-by=davidmyrick

I'm just making stuff up, but if you click on @davidmyrick" , the last video that he posted is that of a rose garden, but of course, nothing indicates that the "Burnt Norton" project is linked to this video. It's nice, though ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

@@GangstaBoy i finally typed up the screenplay for GKIT. 

(Intro)

Montage of a funeral, and lana in a veil crying on the steps of a church.

(Sometimes I wake up…)

She awakens in a cemetery, with a red rose in her hands, and dried blood from holding the thorns tightly. She wears a blue wedding dress. The sky is a hazy yellow color. 

*The camera pans upwards towards the hazy sky, and the scene disintegrates into a flashback of a wedding.

(Its so crazy..)

The bride and groom intertwine their arms, and share glasses of wine.

(Put on that Hotel California)

The lovers dance slowly in the center of the ballroom, wearing matching blue gown and suit..As “Hotel California)

(I feel free)

*The memory fades away, and the camera looks from a far angle

lana surveys the area..where not a single other person is in sight. Only slight morning fog surround the area.

(God Knows I Lived)

*A flash of light fills the screen, then gradually reveals the next scene

The lovers drive away from the church, cans dragging behind the little bullet car. Off into the sunset

(God Knows I Tried)

*Another flash, and it gradually fades back into the hazy sky, and the camera pans back downwards to the her as she sits up against a Headstone. Her back hiding the name. Mascara driven tears streak her face.

*The screen fades to black…then slowly reveals the next scene

(Sometimes I wake up)

She wakes up on a bed in a hotel room, as red blue and yellow lights shine in from the glass balcony slide door…shining directly upon her as she looks around the empty room. Her man…no where to be found.

(On Monday, they destroyed me)

she cries..begging on her knees as her lover (wearing an all black suit, with a briefcase in hand) leaves the room. 

~Timelapse~

The timelapse shows her crying and drinking herself unconscious over the next few days(Monday through Thursday) and on the last day (Friday), she finally cleans up a little and leaves the hotel.

*Timelapse ends

(Put on that hotel California, wear my blinders in the rain)

She walks on the sidewalk, barely escaping the rain. wearing a blue coat and a dark blue NY baseball cap and a pair of shades. 

(Ive got nothing much to live for, ever since I found my fame)

Paparazzi spots her, and cameras flash all around her. 

*The camera moves in close to her side as she shoves the photographers

You can see her mouth the iconic phrase “Let Me F***ing do what im F***ing doing”

(God Knows I lived)

*The sound of lightning and thunder fills the air, and the scene fades into a funeral. Lana, wearing a black dress with a veil, places her hand on top of the closed casket as tears run down her face

She runs out of the church, and cries on the steps (like the opening scene)

(God Knows I tried)

A flashback of lana in a dark alley way, holding a dead man in her arms. Crying in the rain.

*The camera films from above lana, as she sings the final line “God knows I tried”.

Sidenote: I was thinking the man she loved, was Salvatore. And that in her new short film or whatever, these two songs tie in together. And that the video for Salvatore would come before this and also feauture the full wedding scene.  

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

@@GangstaBoy i finally typed up the screenplay for GKIT. 

(Intro)

Montage of a funeral, and lana in a veil crying on the steps of a church.

(Sometimes I wake up…)

She awakens in a cemetery, with a red rose in her hands, and dried blood from holding the thorns tightly. She wears a blue wedding dress. The sky is a hazy yellow color. 

*The camera pans upwards towards the hazy sky, and the scene disintegrates into a flashback of a wedding.

(Its so crazy..)

The bride and groom intertwine their arms, and share glasses of wine.

(Put on that Hotel California)

The lovers dance slowly in the center of the ballroom, wearing matching blue gown and suit..As “Hotel California)

(I feel free)

*The memory fades away, and the camera looks from a far angle

lana surveys the area..where not a single other person is in sight. Only slight morning fog surround the area.

(God Knows I Lived)

*A flash of light fills the screen, then gradually reveals the next scene

The lovers drive away from the church, cans dragging behind the little bullet car. Off into the sunset

(God Knows I Tried)

*Another flash, and it gradually fades back into the hazy sky, and the camera pans back downwards to the her as she sits up against a Headstone. Her back hiding the name. Mascara driven tears streak her face.

*The screen fades to black…then slowly reveals the next scene

(Sometimes I wake up)

She wakes up on a bed in a hotel room, as red blue and yellow lights shine in from the glass balcony slide door…shining directly upon her as she looks around the empty room. Her man…no where to be found.

(On Monday, they destroyed me)

she cries..begging on her knees as her lover (wearing an all black suit, with a briefcase in hand) leaves the room. 

~Timelapse~

The timelapse shows her crying and drinking herself unconscious over the next few days(Monday through Thursday) and on the last day (Friday), she finally cleans up a little and leaves the hotel.

*Timelapse ends

(Put on that hotel California, wear my blinders in the rain)

She walks on the sidewalk, barely escaping the rain. wearing a blue coat and a dark blue NY baseball cap and a pair of shades. 

(Ive got nothing much to live for, ever since I found my fame)

Paparazzi spots her, and cameras flash all around her. 

*The camera moves in close to her side as she shoves the photographers

You can see her mouth the iconic phrase “Let Me F***ing do what im F***ing doing”

(God Knows I lived)

*The sound of lightning and thunder fills the air, and the scene fades into a funeral. Lana, wearing a black dress with a veil, places her hand on top of the closed casket as tears run down her face

She runs out of the church, and cries on the steps (like the opening scene)

(God Knows I tried)

A flashback of lana in a dark alley way, holding a dead man in her arms. Crying in the rain.

*The camera films from above lana, as she sings the final line “God knows I tried”.

Sidenote: I was thinking the man she loved, was Salvatore. And that in her new short film or whatever, these two songs tie in together. And that the video for Salvatore would come before this and also feauture the full wedding scene.

Girl, you should direct one of Lana's music videos. :oprah:

giphy.gif

I'm not a fan of the ending with the paparazzi, I feel that it would be better if the scenario stuck with one universe, but that's just me ! The rest, I was so drawn into the story with the colors and the descriptions and the song playing in my ears ... If you have more scenarios like this one for LDR songs, make a thread, I'm sure a lot would love to read them, including me ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

*move hand across face and look forlorn, twirl slowly* x10

you forgot that she has to wistfully look away from the camera

I can't believe anyone is excited for this.

After the disaster of Tropico, SOC getting no promo, the bootleg as shit video for UV, no video for HM, HBTBoring, and MTWBT having old ass footage that didn't even make sense with the black and white, all of your expectations should be surprisingly low lmao

Honestly her homemade videos were 10x as exciting as most of her official video releases since BTD. Love her music, but the video game is severely lacking

I don't blame Lana. Her management team is pretty laughable at this point. They have made some grave mistakes that kills pretty much all of the momentum of her releases (audio, video, interviews, tv appearances, shit even concerts and merchandise)and this has been happening since Born To Die.

Yikes...you just clearly don't enjoy her videos at all lmao. MTWBT and SOC were good videos and Tropico is the best thing Lana has ever done. Blaming her management is useless because she chooses what songs she puts out and what videos she does, they don't.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Yikes...you just clearly don't enjoy her videos at all lmao. MTWBT and SOC were good videos and Tropico is the best thing Lana has ever done. Blaming her management is useless because she chooses what songs she puts out and what videos she does, they don't.

Unmm lol I do like her videos. With few exceptions.

1. SOC is great, I was complaining about the promo. Which is likely interscope or her managers fault.

2. MTWBT is also good, but parts of it are fucking ugly and parts of it are hella old/make no sense.

3. That's your opinion. In mine, Parts of Tropico are decent! But the Adam and Eve/Marilyn shit is trite as hell. Even for Lana. Come on. Also, I was referring to the long delay before the video was released.

4. Blaming her management is not useless. Lanas team and Interscope have a huge say in the promotion. Even Madonna is told what to do by her label at times and always has been. If you honestly think Lana makes every single decision or every video decision, you got it twisted. interscope spends a shit ton of money on her and they're not going to let one person decide how to spend a budget like hers LMAO.

You think Lana decided to release regional singles and remixes? Fuck no. Interscope paid for ppl to remix them and Interscope decides how and when this shit will be released.

You don't have to lick Lanas ass all the time. I said I love her music and I like most of her videos. But if you honestly think that she calls the shots for singles, videos, releases, etc. youre delusional. very few artists have total creative control, especially when somebody else is footing the fucking bill LMAO

I'm not a fan of the ending with the paparazzi, I feel that it would be better if the scenario stuck with one universe, but that's just me ! The rest, I was so drawn into the story with the colors and the descriptions and the song playing in my ears ... If you have more scenarios like this one for LDR songs, make a thread, I'm sure a lot would love to read them, including me !

Yeah, I added that part last minute, because I wasn't sure how to use the "I've got nothing much to love for, ever since I found my fame" line. But thanks so much to you and everyone who read and gave feed back. I also have screenplays for 24, Art Deco, and Swan Song

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Unmm lol I do like her videos. With few exceptions.

1. SOC is great, I was complaining about the promo. Which is likely interscope or her managers fault.

2. MTWBT is also good, but parts of it are fucking ugly and parts of it are hella old/make no sense.

3. That's your opinion. In mine, Parts of Tropico are decent! But the Adam and Eve/Marilyn shit is trite as hell. Even for Lana. Come on. Also, I was referring to the long delay before the video was released.

4. Blaming her management is not useless. Lanas team and Interscope have a huge say in the promotion. Even Madonna is told what to do by her label at times and always has been. If you honestly think Lana makes every single decision or every video decision, you got it twisted. interscope spends a shit ton of money on her and they're not going to let one person decide how to spend a budget like hers LMAO.

You think Lana decided to release regional singles and remixes? Fuck no. Interscope paid for ppl to remix them and Interscope decides how and when this shit will be released.

You don't have to lick Lanas ass all the time. I said I love her music and I like most of her videos. But if you honestly think that she calls the shots for singles, videos, releases, etc. youre delusional. very few artists have total creative control, especially when somebody else is footing the fucking bill LMAO

Your original statement basically trashed her videos lmao. 

And I say we can't really blame her management because even without promotional aspects, Lana still could pay for videos out of her pocket and push for them to be released. Waiting for Interscope to produce the videos themselves would just be unwise for her. She clearly put out the UV video on her own as with Summer Wine.

And I don't lick Lana's ass at all, nor am I delusional. I would love for her to actually promote her videos and shit or even tour more. But to think she doesn't have much control over the final products that she puts out for fans is delusional lol.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

i can understand how some may not like concept of tropico, it is very pretentious, i personally enjoy it, but even even if you don't like it for that reason, it's all still shot very very well. visually it's gorgeous, she looks gorgeous and it's very cinematic.

She does look kinda FAT there, sowwy.

Anyways, am I the only one literally screaming when I see: "Burnt Norton video coming soon"? 

Pls, don't tell me I am the only one hollering.

Your original statement basically trashed her videos lmao.

And I say we can't really blame her management because even without promotional aspects, Lana still could pay for videos out of her pocket and push for them to be released. Waiting for Interscope to produce the videos themselves would just be unwise for her. She clearly put out the UV video on her own as with Summer Wine.

And I don't lick Lana's ass at all, nor am I delusional. I would love for her to actually promote her videos and shit or even tour more. But to think she doesn't have much control over the final products that she puts out for fans is delusional lol.

Nah, she's got some great videos. I trashed the ones that are obviously lazy as hell. Sorry but UV is barely worth watching. She walks around in a dress outside and eats an

orange. I don't care if a video is low budget if it ends up being decent. But it's not. And pay out of pocket???? She used her fucking iPhone; those videos had to have cost next to nothing.

Tropico is very pretty indeed, it wasn't lazy on Lana's part. It's not a bad video, just very cliche. I'd prefer a cliche video to a non-effort any day.

Everything Lana records while under Interscope is their property. They have the final say on how the music that they own is promoted. Especially if the videos are up for sale, i.e., making money for Interscope.

Just like how Auberbach said that Interscope was insisting that they re record WC because it was too slow. Until a big name producer said he liked the track and they changed their mind. Interscope does have a say in her career. Be it videos, some sort of control over album tracks. The product that Lana puts out is ultimately being put out to make them money.

If you can't see that she puts little work into this particular area of her career, I don't know what to say. If you think any money or anything more than a slight effort was put into UV or SW, you are dead wrong. I actually like the SW video but that doesn't mean it's not fucking lazy.

you forgot that she has to wistfully look away from the camera

HAHAHA, far from it.