annedauphine

Sirens printable jewelcases project!

Hi! So, this is with immense pleasure that I present you the Sirens project :party:

What is this project?

This project consists in two booklets, one pink, one blue, with two different covers, as well as two inserts and back covers with corresponding colours, in order to be printed in a compact disk jewel case. This project is NOT for selling purposes, all rights belong to Lana Del Rey and the owner of the pictures and fonts used. I merely wish to propose visuals destined to present the most complete experience of Lana's record.

How does it looks like?

BLUE

tumblr_nxq35t1tOL1u1j9jfo2_1280.png
tumblr_nxq35t1tOL1u1j9jfo1_1280.png

PINK

tumblr_nxq35t1tOL1u1j9jfo3_1280.pngtumblr_nxq35t1tOL1u1j9jfo4_1280.png

Why a Sirens booklet?

Because it's my third favourite Lana album and because I feel personally extremely connected to it for countless reasons, and I think that it really is a supremely underrated piece of work. It took me really long to get into it, and I understand that some might consider it as a snooze fest, but it is for me the most delicate, intimate, beautiful snooze fest ever created. My focus on this project was to make it LOOK as legit and close to Lana's vision as possible, as if it was released in the time of its conception, so I took the freedom to use the information on Lana's other CD booklets to give the illusion of a legitimate record. The barcodes, the legal information, the numbers are all from Lana's discography. I do not claim any rights on any of the information presented.

Why two different versions?

I absolutely adore Trash Magic's iconic cover, and I thought it was fair enough to give it a proper booklet. However, I love to do things by myself too, and it was important to me to present my own vision of the album as it was crucial in my own recovery. So, I made two versions. Both versions contains the same slightly altered in some places Minion Pro font, in regular, bold and italic flavours. Both versions features pictures from the Ford photoshoot, Chuck's shoot, and Patrick Andersson shoots, as well as pictures of Coney Island beach and the New York bay as it is deeply associated to Sirens in my mind.

What are the differences between the two versions?

The Trash Magic one is in tones of blue. Mine is in tones of pink. In my version, I also used the picture from the Ford photoshoot, because it's sincerely one of my favourite Lana pictures ever, but I chose not to put any text on it and zoom it on her face, as I think that the expression on her face is what could characterize the delicate simplicity and emotion of Sirens the best. In my version the title is in the insert, and in Sam's one, as everybody knows, it's on the cover. 

Why this tracklist?

Despite a lot of research, and keeping in mind that my intention was to propose a vision as close as Lana's one, I found it difficult to keep track of the original leaks information. I also found that the general knowledge around this album is blurred and so many people have different tracklists. If I am correct, there only are a few tracks we are completely sure of the name as they are duplicates from the EPs. I therefore made the choice after a lot of hesitation to put the name they are commonly referred as first, and then the original leaks names in brackets. I do not claim being sure of this, so if you have any remark, please communicate me what I need to change.

Is it possible to print this?

Yes, it's exactly what it was intended for :) If you wish to print this to make your own Sirens CD, I HIGHLY suggest you to check the incredible AKA Project guide made by Anthem, which is perfectly and thoroughly explained.

NOTA BENE

I am NOT 100% satisfied with it. For example in the blue jewelcase, the back is not in the exact same colour than the booklet background and it's killing me but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I will update the files on the mega immediately after fixing. I also don't have the possibility to test it by printing a copy right now but I wish to do it in the near future.

I would immensely like to thank @@Anthem for the AKA project that had a deep influence in my work on this especially in the formatting of the booklets, and obviously @@Trash Magic for constantly slaying me with his spectacular skills and visuals.

My next project is to make a digipack as I much prefer them. I am still trying to figure how to get some made and I want to use my university's resources as much as possible as I have access to a complete print station. If I manage to get a higher quality or vector files of this project, I will most definitely add it. I apologize for how heavy the files are.

This thread will be updated with various resources in order to propose the most complete experience of Sirens. 

And if you wish to get the direct psd files I used during this project, or if you have any question or request, my inbox is open :) I wish you an excellent day! xx

And please, if you find any typo or mistake, by all mean tell me so, and I will immediately fix it!

DOWNLOAD LINK

EDIT: Added the inner insert that I obviously forgot, smh. Make sure you have it!
Edited by annedauphine

ZKcaooE.png

This is so cool! I was meaning to make something like this for Sirens but just been too busy, I'm glad someone picked it up and did something :) I'll have to make one so my Lana collection will be complete! lolnever

Have you printed it yourself yet to see how it is?

@@PinUpCartoonBaby you might want to see this too.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

This is so cool! I was meaning to make something like this for Sirens but just been too busy, I'm glad someone picked it up and did something :) I'll have to make one so my Lana collection will be complete! lolnever

Have you printed it yourself yet to see how it is?

@@PinUpCartoonBaby you might want to see this too.

Thank you so much!l No, unfortunately I haven't because I just finished it today and also I don't have enough money right now or know where I could get it at the best quality possible but I'm glad you're commenting because I want to really thank you for your work on AKA it's really one of my fav threads out there and I've based everything on it, I can't wait to get all the supplies to get it done. I would strongly advise everyone to do a mock up first because again it's untested. 

I just dont like the picture of the page 5... btw thats beautiful

Haha, I just felt it fit the wet hair beach theme :) Thank you I'm glad you think so!

ZKcaooE.png

The links are dead, can you re upload them?

The links are dead because I deleted them as it was fugly and tacky and absolutely not printable :toofunny: :facepalm: Here's the link the pink one I remade, I'm not suuuuper proud of it because it's way too girly for me but at least it's printable! I'd suggest you to wait a bit though because I think the CD is bad and I want to retouch it before printing!

ZKcaooE.png

The links are dead because I deleted them as it was fugly and tacky and absolutely not printable :toofunny: :facepalm: Here's the link the pink one I remade, I'm not suuuuper proud of it because it's way too girly for me but at least it's printable! I'd suggest you to wait a bit though because I think the CD is bad and I want to retouch it before printing!

So you're gonna reupload them soon? Also when you print them on a glossy paper what size should it printed on (A?) ?

So you're gonna reupload them soon? Also when you print them on a glossy paper what size should it printed on (A?) ?

Tbh I think this thread should be deleted but I don't know how to do it, and I'd remake one with proper files. I need to find the time to make the blue version ASAP. The pink one is available here, it normally is printable on A3 paper if I remember correctly! The booklet is 12cmx12cm but there's bleed lines so it miiiiiight fit on A4 but very tight, I honestly don't remember but if you take it to a print station they will do it for you and I highly suggest that as otherwise you'd have to calculate everything and been there done that, it's a nightmare!

Edit: nope, def A3!

ZKcaooE.png

Can I still get these lol?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Hmm I deleted it cuz I thought it was awful  :ohno:

Oh I thought it was really good!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Is there any chance that I can still download this booklet somewhere?

sdfghjk never thought I'd be asked this but I'm afraid I've deleted the original file I'm sorry :( I kinda want to remake it though

ZKcaooE.png

On 8/3/2019 at 8:06 AM, annedauphine said:

sdfghjk never thought I'd be asked this but I'm afraid I've deleted the original file I'm sorry :( I kinda want to remake it though

pls tell me youve remade it or done a different one :angie:

these were gorgeous and im sad i missed out :crai:

13 minutes ago, The Siren said:

pls tell me youve remade it or done a different one :angie:

these were gorgeous and im sad i missed out :crai:

same these are so good, I need :angie:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~